Crazy idea or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frisco

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I've been mulling around an idea of mine for a bit and wanted to get some feedback on it. As most everyone knows getting published for new writers is often a challenge. Its probably more so for me because I write horror fiction almost exclusively and its not a great market.
That said I was thinking--hoping really--that I might try to open a website thats primary purpose is showcasing unpublished writers of that genre. For example it would have short horror stories and full length novels--which would run in a serial type format--chapter 1 on one day, a few days later chapter 2 etc. Hopefully once enough of a base is created we could generate some income via website advertising and sponsors to actually pay writers and in the meantime build up a database of readers who might like to purchase the books--which we could self publish and sell.
As I say the idea is in its infancy, but any comments good or bad would be welcome.

Mr. Anonymous

Just a guy with a pen & a delusion
Registered
Reaction score
Honestly, it's not a bad idea, but there are a lot of display sites out there that offer something similar. What would set you apart?

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
A one genre site might fight just to stay alive forget about making money from advertising. The participation would be low as is every site, but If you want to do it because you love the idea and don't mind how much work is involved, I'd definitely check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.