PDA

View Full Version : Help? WTF is Spuffy, and are there any authors of it here at AW?

dclary
03-25-2009, 04:35 AM
My girlfriend, apparently, is a big fan of Buffy and Spike fan-fic. I've googled it a bit, but can't be certain where the best stuff is, or if there are any perennial favorite authors?

Do we have any Spuffy writers at AW?

ChaosTitan
03-25-2009, 06:04 AM
:ROFL:

I will freely admit to writing one Buffy fanfic in my life. But it wasn't a Spuffy fic.

Spuffy sounds like a poorly named Persian cat.

poetinahat
03-25-2009, 06:06 AM
I already think your writing is exceptionally spuffy, Dave.

Sage
03-25-2009, 06:08 AM
I knew instantly what Spuffy was, but I can't tell you where to find the good fanfic

katiemac
03-25-2009, 07:15 AM
Oh, man. I knew from the title of this thread what you were getting at, but I've never read a Spuffy fic, let alone written one. Sorry I can't help.

So really, all I came to do in this thread was plea to the rest of the world that we stop using smushed-together names as descriptive devices. ;) I know fanfic has used these shipper names for a long time ... but if I ever meet the guy who penned "TomKat" for the first time, someone's getting an ass-kickin'.

Mr. Chuckletrousers
03-25-2009, 07:23 AM
The names 'Spike' and 'Buffy' are inherently ridiculous on their own, but adding them together just sends it through the roof. That said, I have to say that 'Spuffy' is a better portmanteau than the alternative --'Bike'-- which is just confusing.

Mumut
03-25-2009, 07:34 AM
Spuffy is a sortware package for writing code to interrogate a mainframe database. I cringe each time I hear the name!

Sage
03-25-2009, 07:39 AM
The names 'Spike' and 'Buffy' are inherently ridiculous on their own, but adding them together just sends it through the roof. That said, I have to say that 'Spuffy' is a better portmanteau than the alternative --'Bike'-- which is just confusing.
Whereas the name "Mr. Chuckletrousers" gives it that touch of classic elegance.

;)

(Why, yes, I did bastardize a Spuffy quote in a Spuffy thread)

benbradley
03-25-2009, 09:09 AM
"A spuffy built for two!"

ETA: aren't there some usual "fanfic" sites you could look around on or even ask? I even recall seen a banner ad for one of those sites, right here on AW! I'm sure Mac was totally delighted. Totally.

Zoombie
03-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Fan fiction is evil and must be purged with flames.

The Sisters of Battle command it.

Mr Flibble
03-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Well i thought this was going to have been put in the wrong forum. Because spuff over here is...well let's just say it should be in the Erotica forum :D

K. Taylor
03-27-2009, 02:41 AM
I write Spuffy, under the handle "Caro Mio". I have other fics in the 'verse, as well.

Hey, I cut my teeth on fanfic, honing my skills, so I'll never bag on it.

MattW
03-27-2009, 03:40 AM
Spuffy is strawberry flavored marshmallow spread that comes in a jar.

Celia Cyanide
03-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Um...do they always do that with the names? Combine them like that? In smutty fanfic?