I haven't written one yet but ...

scottle2010

Registered
Reaction score
I plan on writing a play that deals with romance between two guys. (Someone gave me the idea). I remember my director's friend wrote a play that had a homosexual character in it and our drama club was going to perform it but it got rejected by our principal because it had a homosexual character. Which I'm thinking, why should it matter? I saw the script and it had no like "sexual" stuff and the homosexual character was dead because he committed suicide. (Stupid close-minded principals)

Anyway:
1.) Should I write about a play about this? (I had a good idea and it kinda sticked with me. I hate to come up with something and not write about it)

2.) If so, what should I know? I'm currently writing a book. Do you start scriptwriting like how you would a book?

3.) Should I do two projects (book and playwriting) at the same time? Haha

Last edited:

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
1. You should always write a play (or anything) when you get a good idea.
2. I've never written a book but I suspect the process for books is hugely different to the process for plays.
3. Definitely one project at a time.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Yes. Pick a format. If you know it's not going to be accepted at school because of content, so be it. Write it anyway, if it's in you. At least, it can be great writing practice. At most, it could be a success somewhere else...like at a local teen theatre group, etc. (No need for your P.S. in your original post...I'd even think about deleting it if I were you. Some may think it a little offensive.)

Good luck.

scottle2010

Registered
Reaction score
thank you. I will probably save this project for later then. I'll continue on my novel. Thanks this post could be deleted/whatever.