Baby Be Wise--Immunize!

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I would think there would be a better way to get their message across than with five minutes and 36 seconds worth of doowop.

But I didn't realize the flu kills that many a year. I'll have to get my shot. Next year.

*runs off to wash his hands*

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
It was an internal video for Penn University Hospital to encourage staff to get flu shots. So part of the fun for them was seeing their co-workers sing.

A surprising number of health care workers still resist getting the flu vaccine. Many hospitals (mine included) are moving to mandatory flu shots for all employees. (Just like mandatory TB tests.)

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I got the flu one year. Not stomach flu, the real thing. I was completely out of it for two weeks, and dead on my feet for six more. I lost an entire semester because of it.

I get the flu shot every year now, and I have to say I've been getting fewer colds and other bugs as well since then, and the ones I get don't last as long. Don't know if that's a side effect of my immune system being boosted by the shot, but it sure helps.

So do it! Go out and get shot! :D

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I got the flu one year. Not stomach flu, the real thing. I was completely out of it for two weeks, and dead on my feet for six more. I lost an entire semester because of it.

I get the flu shot every year now, and I have to say I've been getting fewer colds and other bugs as well since then, and the ones I get don't last as long. Don't know if that's a side effect of my immune system being boosted by the shot, but it sure helps.

So do it! Go out and get shot! :D
OMG, me too! I used to be against the flu shot for otherwise healthy individuals, but then I got flu two years in a row. I was out of commission for more than two weeks each time. Fever of almost 105. Scary.

Ever since then I've had the flu shot. That's two years now, and I haven't had flu since. I haven't even had a cold this winter, despite taking the bus with people who coughed like they were dying of TB.

Pagey's_Girl

Still plays with dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Flu shots help. A lot. Even if a strain they didn't plan on ends up going around, if you've had your flu shots regularly, you have some immunity. I think it's what saved me to a degree when a strain no one had counted on made the rounds here a few years back. I say somewhat because I caught it - I was sick as the proverbial dog for three days, and dead on my feet for about three weeks afterward - but that was versus sick for two weeks and DOF for about eight weeks afterward for several coworkers who hadn't gotten vaccinated.

Come to think of it, I'm the only one where I work who gets regular flu shots - and I'm also the only one who hasn't been sick at least once this winter.