PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for 12 Rounds?

MrWrite
03-24-2009, 04:20 AM
I just saw a trailer for 12 Rounds which comes out on Friday. Looks pretty good. Between that and Knowing which I really want to see there are some good movies coming out, finally.

maestrowork
03-24-2009, 06:41 AM
Spring is here, and that means blockbusters are coming out.

Between that and Knowing which I really want to see there are some good movies coming out, finally.

But I don't think "good movies" are limited to this studio big releases. There are so many gems from independent companies that I really encourage people to see and not wait until the DVDs, because without people going to the theaters, these independents will die quiet deaths, and the American film industry would be suffering a huge loss.

The Visitor, for example, is a wonderful film that no one saw. Slumdog Millionaire almost went directly to DVD until they found a distributor, and still not many people have seen it. Frozen River is amazing, but I bet no one has seen it either.

Sorry to get on my soapbox a bit, but I think we as the general public seems too obsessed with the big budget releases -- and many are actually really bad -- and forget about the small little films. Granted, a lot of big budget movies are actually extraordinary (The Dark Knight, for example), and there are many indies that bore the crap out of everyone. Still, I think it's a good thing that we have choices and we need to support these people. It makes me sad, sometimes, that threads about some smaller indies here would get no hits and followups, but a thread like Twilight would get 502 pages. And it makes me immensely sad that a movie like The Love Guru made more money than The Visitor...

Greenify13
03-24-2009, 11:48 PM
I want to see 12 Rounds and Knowing, they look like they will be good but looks can be deceiving! :ROFL:

I saw Visitor, which I was uncertain of watching at first because the trailer I had seen portrayed it differently then what I saw in it; but I saw it! Wait I don't count! :D

And while I haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIzbwV7on6Q); I just watched the trailer and plan to know!

As for Frozen River (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5pPQdLN4mg) I think I may have seen a trailer for it before (I haven't seen it), but even my sister (15) said that it looked like a good movie...So that is on my view soon list now too! :ROFL:

I have no idea how I got to this thread or section, but I am glad I did and very grateful that I can subscribe to threads so I can find my way back! :D