Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com

Last edited:

Eveningsdawn

Just Sing.
Registered
Reaction score
(It's 11:30, and I have to be up at 7, buuuut....)

Since the door to the cabin itself had taken me 10 minutes to bully open, I was in no mood to find a motheaten rug lying smack in the middle of the floor. Directly after throwing my bag on an ancient couch, I stormed over, snatched up the rug... and gaped. Set into the floor was another door, almost identical to the one I had just come through.
Curiousity killed the cat, says my sensible side. The other side yells, And satisfaction brought him back. Open it!
I open it, and lower myself down into it.

Immeadiatly after I do so, reality shakes itself, and suddenly I am standing upright, with the doorway open behind me. A glance back makes my vision skew; the house is as I left it, but all sideways. Without looking, I reach back and pull the door shut. It locks with a very final click.
Then I look up, and around. I am surrounded, by creatures that have never, ever been human.

souljoy

I stepped into the opening and brushed the cobwebs away from my face. The cool damp musty smell of old permeated the air. I pulled the chain and a dim light spread across the room. My eyes widened as I realized what I had stumbled into. I screamed with excitement and tears began to cloud my vision. There on the old desk, an old journal lay covered in dust. I wiped the dust away. I had prayed for enlightenment and confirmation. I picked up the old journal and began reading...

Dated June 6 1847
dear diary,

"Today I was called to service and began my journey into..."

Calico

Just past the threshold a flight of stairs decended into what I beleived was a basement. I could see the first few steps, but darkness swallowed any past the third. I shivered thinking about all that inky darkness and moved to close the door when I heard the voice.

"Please," came a soft, hoarse whisper.

The sound was so faint, I could almost thought I might of imagined it. My skin prickled, none the less. I stood there, staining to hear any trace of sound. One heartbeat, another and another. Nothing. Feeling foolish, I moved to close the door and return to my unpacking when I heard it again.

"Please," it said. "Please, help me."

Honey Nut Loop

Registered
Reaction score
Nothing…a nothingness such that it cannot be described, neither black nor white. And as I stare and stare trying vainly to discern something in this nothing, for I feel for some reason that it is incredibly important that I do, a deep voice rises from the emptiness. A voice that resonates to the very marrow of my bones and has me shivering uncontrollably. And the voice says.
“I am nothing, I am nobody. I am the reflection of this world in which you live.”
I heard the words and was afraid for that was the first time anyone had pointed out the utter meaninglessness of existence before.

Last edited:

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
The door creaked and groaned as it shut behind me, enclosing me in the depths of this mystery. I flicked on the flashlight and though it lit my path it didn't dispel the feeling of darkness hovering like the stench of rotting trash.

I advanced slowly down the winding stairs, feeling the rough stone through my sandals. This place was clearly very old, and designed as though it's originator didn't want it to be found. Curious as my cat, I had no choice but to press on.

The glow of my flashlight didn't reveal much at first, other than the grey of the passage walls, but when I finally stepped to even ground, I discovered much more than I bargained for.

Ghostly forms danced just beyond, amorphous forms I had no names for.

~DragonHeart~

Paint

Warrior of Truth
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Standing at the precipitous cliff, believing I can
Website
www.shawnk.com
Tiny. It was a tiny blue door. Light exploded around the corners. I tilted my head and thought I heard the most beautiful music. Bells and soprano voices called me. I felt the most incredible compulsion to open it.

I could only get my face in the small space. The light was totally blinding and my eyes hurt with trying to stay open. I still wanted to be there, I wanted to be inside. I reached my hand inside and felt around. It was very warm and I thought I could feel grass. I determined to try harder to look inside.

After a supreme effort I got my eyes to stay open. The music became louder, the air even warmer. I could see a place I had been before in another time. A place of love and peace. I remembered it from before my birth. I wanted so badly to be there again, but I could not fit through the door.

The music faded and the light dimmed. It was not my time.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I was overwhelmed by the smell of dirt. A thick earthy root-bound essence of dark time and shadowy places. Once I'd gotten my flashlight I slipped down the staircase. The wood was solid and unforgiving. The slat steps had no risers. A sense of vertigo and the fear of something lurking in the dark would grab my ankle hitched the breath in my lungs. Darkness amplifies fear. When I reached the bottom my foot tapped the floor - soft. It explained the smell. It was dirt. I flashed the light around the room, watching the large circle disappear into a great darkness than it could illuminate. I could not see the walls. Every direction revealed more nothing and now enveloped in the stench of old earth, rotten vegetables, and mold I fought the urge to go to the stairs. Something had brought me there.
My curiosity at first, when I stepped onto that rug and hurt the hollow reverberation. SOmething beckoned me below the floor, even with the ankle-grabbing fear, the veritgo, the spinning nausea of stench, something pushed me on. I hestitated, sucked in rancid, stale air and tip-toed in the direction of nothing. Every direction was nothing. I would have to hit a wall soon. The lake was not more than 300 feet from the cabin. I walked.
The noise began then. I hum. In it I swore I heard music. Words. None were there. I cocked my head to get my ear closer, to focus on the sound. Nothing.
Maybe running water? I panicked then and turned to head back. My light would not show me the stairs, I had gone too far. No walls, no sense of direction in all this blackness. No markers to find my way back.
And then a tiny pin prick of light - the door in the ceiling. I ran!

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Stairs carved from black stone drop in a spiral. Luminous moss coats the walls, giving light and a strange minty odor tinged with rot.

"Come," a voice whispers and against my will I go down, leaving the rational world behind.

For all the dampness the stone steps are dry and scored in curled lines that continue down the risers as well.

"Come closer."

The steps end in a great hall reaching out to emptiness.

I can't turn back, I must keep going.

Archways lead off to either side but they don't pull me away. Rustling and whispers accompany me.

A knife lies in my path, long as my forearm, the handle is of the same stone as the walls. I pick it up for that is what my body does, paying no attention to my mind.

"Welcome," the voice whispers, echoing deeper inside and I know I'm home.

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
After awakening from a nap, I walked across to straighten the rug which had somehow shifted and was now at an odd angle to the room. The floor beneath my feet rocked and I pulled the corner of the rug back, revealing a door. Had someone come into the room while I slept?

The doorway could only be some secret passageway built into the building long ago. It had to belong to the owner, I decided, and was not there for any good reason. Pulling up a small round handle that recessed into the floor, I lifted the door as quietly as possible. Beneath it, a staircase led into the darkness below. From my belongings, I took a flashlight and after pocketing two extra batteries, I started down.

Beyond another heavy plank door that refused to open without moaning, I discovered another room with rusting chains that dangled from the ceiling.

"I see you've discovered my little secret," came a voice from the corner.

BlueLucario

Blood Elves FTW
Registered
Reaction score
As I discovered the small door, I begun to examine it for a few minutes. I took a grasp of the handle and tugged, the door opened. The darkness below pushed my curiosity. Should I go inside? I pulled my head closer to the large hole. Something was holding me back, telling me not to go in. I wanted to see what was inside. It could be anything. Treasure, money, chocolate, maybe some secret to an unknown area. I had to find out.

More to add later....

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
But first, I grabbed my camera. If there was something strange down there, I wanted proof before anything else. Chances were that this was where folks went to when there was a tornado warning, or maybe it was a cellar filled with ancient and forgotten home-canned veggies.

I felt around. Most hidden basements I'd known had a way down – a folding staircase or a ladder built in, I thought. But instead, my hand brushed against a stone step. Oh, creepy. I hate the feel of musty damp stone on my bare skin. Would my Crocs protect me? I was going to find out. I turned my camera on and took the first step.

Autodidact

...in my Maidenform Bra.
Registered
Reaction score
There's a rug on the floor of the cottage you are renting for the week. You move it and discover a door in the floor. You open the door. What do you see? What happens?

Go for 5 minutes...and don't edit yourself. GO>>>

Just a minute here, am I possibly in a place called Zork?