Pen Names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD_Kilker

Carpe diem
Registered
Reaction score
I has one. The K is for Kristen, the D for Danielle.

I plan to write novels under a pen-name for the same reason S.E. Hinton and J.K. Rowling did; I don't want to discourage guys from reading my stuff just because it's published by a girl....

...and I think it sounds cool. :p

You?

Brindle Chase

Dancing on the edge
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.forlorn-hope.net
I'm the opposite. I chose a feminine "Pat" sort of name... so female readers/publishers would be less discouraged to read my stuff because I'm a guy. *lol*

I thought about using initials, but my last name is impossible for people to pronounce, let alone remember how to spell... so .. besides, I write erotica as well, so its best to have a pen name anyways. ... anywho... thats my story! *lol*

Elidibus

Over 9000!!!!!!!
Registered
Reaction score
No. I can't come out to play. My muse won't let me
Can I has pen name too?

I'm gonna use one. One of my fantasies is to journey to a book store and start up conversations about my books, only for it to later be revealed that I was the writer. Also, when i become uber famous, I don't want people stopping me on the street worshiping me.

Wait a second...now that I type that, it doesn't sound too bad.

Still haven't got one set in stone, though. All I know is my last name is not suited for the cover of a book. I need one that sounds more "American" with less opportunities for spelling errors.

tehuti88

Mackinac Island Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.inkspot.com
If I were to get published, I would want to use my real name. Just because I'm insecure and would like seeing my name on something that way. Sort of like a positive affirmation.

Not sure what I'd do about the adult stuff though. Probably not seek publication for it? The material is such I doubt anyone would want to publish it anyway. :eek:

This is one reason why I go by a username everywhere online. Don't want real-life people who used to know me finding out exactly what I write. Or my journal.

I'm not sure, however, if I'd just go with "Rachel L. H." (last name omitted) or with "Rachel Lea H." (last name omitted); can't decide which sounds more distinctive. Plus nobody seems to spell or pronounce "Lea" properly. Ah well.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
It crosses my mind now and then. "TZINSKI" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. On the other hand, there's not too many Tzinskis writing, um, anything.

Brindle Chase

Dancing on the edge
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.forlorn-hope.net
It crosses my mind now and then. "TZINSKI" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. On the other hand, there's not too many Tzinskis writing, um, anything.

My name is in the same boat *lol* how do you pronounce that? I would guess, but since no one ever pronounces mine correctly, I know its better to just ask first! *lol*

... BTW... love the Marco Avatar ... *loves Nightwish*

=)

Status
Not open for further replies.