PDA

View Full Version : Historical Fiction Review Blog

MargoWest
03-24-2009, 02:39 AM
I just started my blog and I'd love some input on whether or not this is something you'd like to read. Is the background too generic? I've been thinking it would be good to keep it simple but I worry a boring background might turn people off. Do you think a header might be good? Let me know!

http://dearmreview.blogspot.com/

Thanks for looking :)

Izz
03-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Hi Margo

I think the blog is nice. Very pink :D - but not so pink it's offputting, almost soothing in a way :).

veinglory
03-29-2009, 04:50 AM
The pink is nice and easy to read. But a lot of romance sites use it. Just looking at the covers of the books you discuss I wonder of a more royal rich red and gold might be more distinctive. Your main content is good but the right column needs work... when in doubt I would suggest centering elements rather than letting them crowd to the left.

MargoWest
03-30-2009, 07:40 AM
Thank you for looking! Veinglory, could you specify what in the right side needs work? I'm fairly new to this.

veinglory
03-31-2009, 05:12 AM
The forst thing I thought was that the skyscraper ad crowded your post being right to the left. I would sugges adding something whoch says what the blog is about near the top and a link to an rss feed above the fold.