• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Children's anthropomorphic animal story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchlark

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.finchlark.webs.com
Hi I need a beta reader for my children's anthropormorphic animal story. An agent has said

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Reviews wouldn’t persuade me. I always go with my own reaction to what I read. I couldn’t help but think of Watership Down as I read your book because that story is about a war in their world. But I didn’t see enough in the way of characterization at this point to work on a rewrite with you; action scenes aren’t enough to draw me in. If you do a rewrite with a writing workshop, I would be happy to consider a new version of the ms.[/FONT]

So I need to look at developing characterisation so I can re-submit.

Just so you know, this was published in 1998 with British rights in UK only but was only marketed in book fairs. That contract has now expired and I am looking to polish the ms to submit to a new publisher/ agent, possibly overseas as first British rights have already gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.