Received a grant!

illiterwrite

Registered
Reaction score
This won't be too exciting for many, but things have been economically tough & uncertain around here. I've been working my butt off on freelance in all my spare time (I stay home with two young kids, so spare time = afternoon nap + after the kids go to bed), so I've been unable to work on book 3 at all. I applied for a grant back in October and just heard that my application was successful, which means I can work on my fiction (instead of freelance) from about May to September, at least!

I'm so relieved. I've applied for this grant for about 6 years straight and have only received one in all those years.

Yay me. :)

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
This won't be too exciting for many, but things have been economically tough & uncertain around here. I've been working my butt off on freelance in all my spare time (I stay home with two young kids, so spare time = afternoon nap + after the kids go to bed), so I've been unable to work on book 3 at all. I applied for a grant back in October and just heard that my application was successful, which means I can work on my fiction (instead of freelance) from about May to September, at least!

I'm so relieved. I've applied for this grant for about 6 years straight and have only received one in all those years.

Yay me. :)

That's AWESOME! If it's a Works In Progress grant from OAC, I know how hard they are to get and how stiff the competition. CONGRATS BIG TIME!

Last edited:

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's quite an accomplishment! Hope you get a lot done during that time.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats and woo hoo:PartySmil:e2woo::e2woo:

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for you! :)

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!! That's great news. Don't let the Harper government keep you down!

All the best in working on the book.

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
Yippeeeee! I know where you're coming from! I have toddler twins, a 7-year-old and a 9-year-old.

illiterwrite

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone!

Kevin, it's a CC grant. Missed the OAC deadline this year.

Rob, that sucks. :(