Bummer......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose Red

Registered
Reaction score
Website
themegaphone.net
I got rejected by Finetuning. Worst thing was, I still didn't get an email from them telling me. This morning I had the bright idea of trying to log in under the username I'd put on my application to see if my account was live, and hey presto, there it was:

Thank you for your interest in Writer-Base.com. We regret that we cannot offer you an opportunity at this time. We wish you the best of luck in the future. Sincerely,
Writer-Base.com

I've waited nearly two weeks to be rejected, telling myself no news is good news and I wasn't even worth a courtesy email to tell me. I'm so disappointed, I'm bawling like a two year old here. I really thought the piece was just what they'd be looking for, going by the style of the other articles....obviously not, eh. I know I've still got a huge amount to learn, so I suppose this is part of it. I don't think I'd have been this upset if I'd got an email..that's really hit me hard.

Ah well, just wanted to get it off my chest. Have a good weekend, everyone.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: ...Aw...here's a big hug for you...(((((((((((((YOU)))))))))))(remember...keep on keeping on)

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
I wasn't even worth a courtesy email to tell me

Please don't take it personally.....remember ........"they know not what they do."

I take one step forward and two steps backwards.....sell an article at FT...get a rejection on my book from my highest hope publisher.

Maybe they are overloaded with writers.

From some of the posts by the two gents that run that place .....I'll just go out on a limb and say they aren't too courteous in several.

Get it?

Anyway - you hang in there - that's all we can do, right?

Last edited:

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: Hey, you submitted, you got rejected, that's two more things you can mark off your Writer's To Do List.

*Passes the virtual Ben & Jerry's and the tissues.*

Rose Red

Registered
Reaction score
Website
themegaphone.net
Birol said:
:Hug2: Hey, you submitted, you got rejected, that's two more things you can mark off your Writer's To Do List.

*Passes the virtual Ben & Jerry's and the tissues.*

I should have a To Do list? Sheesh, if only I was so organized... (see my sig)..lol :)

Ah, Ben and Jerry's..those guys should be up for sainthood. When I have a tub of Cherry Garcia in my lap, I have a spoon in one hand and a dagger in the other, just in case anyone gets any ideas.:box:

Thanks, Birol. It was the first rejection I've had since I've only started submitting very recently, which is probably why I'm being such a baby about it. I guess I need to toughen up and get on with it.

I'm just glad that I didn't send my piece on coping with rejection...how ironic would THAT have been! lol :)

Feeling much better now, thanks to you guys. Onwards and upwards!!

Status
Not open for further replies.