Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I am making snow with my dandruff.

Is there any good option for this stuff, other than dandruff shampoo? I mean, I love my herbal essences and would rather use it than Head and Shoulders, but I hate the fact that if I use the pretty-smelling stuff, the flake residue will return atop my dome.

How do you guys handle dandruff, and where the hell does it come from, and why the heck do I have it?!

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
animated-snow-black-bkgrd.gif

WriteKnight

Arranger Of Disorder
Registered
Reaction score
30,000 light years from Galactic Central Point.
Everbody has a certain ammount. Your skin naturally flakes off. Dark hair shows it more. Dry season creates more. But there are certain yeasts which can make it worse. That's why the very expensive 'medicated' shampoos are worth it. NIXORAL - used to be by prescription only. Now its in a less potent over the counter form, but the same active ingredient. Use two or three times a week.

So I'm told....

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Rinse with apple cider vinegar. It's great for any skin ailments.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Everbody has a certain ammount. Your skin naturally flakes off. Dark hair shows it more. Dry season creates more. But there are certain yeasts which can make it worse. That's why the very expensive 'medicated' shampoos are worth it. NIXORAL - used to be by prescription only. Now its in a less potent over the counter form, but the same active ingredient. Use two or three times a week.

So I'm told....

My ex roomate used that .... It smelled gross.

Kathleen42

crushing on fictional characters
Registered
Reaction score
One of the salon brands (I believe it was Paul Mitchell?) had a tea tree oil shampoo that I liked and which seemed to help. Unfortunately, the one salon in town that carried the brand closed.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
One of the salon brands (I believe it was Paul Mitchell?) had a tea tree oil shampoo that I liked and which seemed to help. Unfortunately, the one salon in town that carried the brand closed.

Paul Mitchell products are great. I would say that most salons would carry products that would help?

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com

So I'm told....

Nixoral is the only one I've ever used that actually works. It does have a medicinal smell, but it rinses out.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I think Head & Shoulders smells really nice! It also leaves my hair feeling very soft. I found it stopped working after a few months, though. At the moment, I use T-Gel. It's a bit more expensive than H & S but it worked after a couple of days (H & S took about a week to make a difference). It doesn't have the same softening effect that H & S does, unfortunately.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Maybe it's not dandruff in Dclary's case at all, but rather brain oozing through his pores, then drying up and blowing away.

Just a thought...

'Tis possible.

Ooh, and I love JPM Tea Tree shampoo. I didn't know it treated Dandruff.

2old2pb

This Is Serious Mum!
Registered
Reaction score
I am making snow with my dandruff.

Is there any good option for this stuff, other than dandruff shampoo? I mean, I love my herbal essences and would rather use it than Head and Shoulders, but I hate the fact that if I use the pretty-smelling stuff, the flake residue will return atop my dome.

How do you guys handle dandruff, and where the hell does it come from, and why the heck do I have it?!

The real question is can you make a snow angel yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.