Status
Not open for further replies.

Esopha

bam pow zap.
Registered
Reaction score
From Guide to Literary Agents:

MYSPACE FOR WRITERS?

This cool new Web site called Filed By looks like a MySpace-like site where writers can access a template page and create a writer profile.
My opinion: MySpace itself sucks, I think, but it is a great site for bands, because it has a media player on it, and allows you to upload video and content and songs and pics easily. If this site can do for writers what MySpace does for bands, then this may be very cool.

I'm thinking this is going to end up being a marketing tool for inside the industry rather than out (at least for writers in the MG/YA market, like me) because Myspace already has a huge membership. But it's still interesting to see. I haven't made an account or anything; I have a love-hate relationship with networking sites and I'm not sure how quickly this will catch on.

Link here: http://filedby.com/

para

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure there are quite a few of those sites already: AuthorsDen for instance. Not sure what makes this stand out from the crowd.

Feathers

emerging from the writing cave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.headdeskforwriters.blogspot.com
I have to agree with the whole Myspace thing. I've been considering getting one, but it seems to have been corrupted some over time. I would love to find a social networking site that connected writers/industry insiders as well as readers and buyers. But one in particular would have to catch on. Otherwise, I don't think it would be worth the time. That's my very limited 2$ :)

-Feathers

ShowerInspiration

Registered
Reaction score
I have been in the whole Myspace scene for a while and to be honest I dont recommend it. Most people hear Myspace and they think "Tila Tequila" "Scams" and Advertisements, because that's basically what Myspace has become, everything you want to do is riddled with advertisements for a free gift card or 2 free ipods. If you want a decent social networking you should try Facebook. Its simple, the advertisements are on the right hand side, not distracting you, and I know this sounds like a marketing thing but honestly, Facebook slaughters Myspace :)

Status
Not open for further replies.