Are you doing the Writers Bureau course?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostwanderer5

Registered
Reaction score
For a course that is supposedly popular, there is a dinstinct lack of community. I know of one other person besides myself on this forum who is doing WB course, but I am hoping to find few more hidden members.

It would be great to simply share our progress, tips etc. and see how we are getting on.

I stared Comprehensive Course last month. I opted to do Fiction first, and I am now on my third assignment.

Looking forward to finding more WB students.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Guessing I'm the "other one"? ;)

For anyone else who's doing the course though:

I'm also on the Comprehensive Course and opted to do the fiction first. I'm half way through the fifth assignment at the moment, and progressing slowly, due to other commitments combined with laziness. So far, I've been getting positive feedback from my tutor, and it's definitely helped with my standard of work.

Anyone who's further in who wishes to scare us with the complexity of later assignments? :D

Last edited:

lostwanderer5

Registered
Reaction score
Of course you are the 'other one' - LOL sounds like you are an alien or something.

What is the fifth assignment?

I am on 2nd draft of my 2nd short-story for F3.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
:D

For the fifth assignment, you have to write a novel storyline, including all the "high points" etc., with a max word count of 750 words. You also have to write a potted biography (150 words) for 4 main characters, as well as submit another short story. :)

I'm done with the novel bits (used my WIP), and am currently try to decide on a short story to submit.

lostwanderer5

Registered
Reaction score
Halfway through the first draft of the short story for Assignment 5. Hopefully, I will finish the first draft tomorrow, and start editing.

emilycross

is away with the fairies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewriterschronicle.forumotion.net
Hi, i recently saw an advert for the writer's Bureau, so i did a search and this topic came up. I was just wondering what you guys, think of the course and would you recommend it?

FranOnTheEdge

Procrastinating lots, writing a bit
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I too have just found an advert for this, and wanted to know what people thought of it - anyone???

Status
Not open for further replies.