editorial response to a status check / follow up with a "Thanks?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
sub'd a story. The mag didn't get back to me after the stated response time in their guidelines. So like a fool I wrote them to find out if my sub had been received. The editor just wrote saying that they'd received it; were sorry for the delay; still had the story; and would get back to me as soon as they could. Should I email them a quick note saying "thanks" and "take your time" or something? I'm always unsure how to respond in sits like this. (Don't want to blow this, any more than I already have, as it's a pro-pub ... with a really cool ed.)

ps All this probably means of course is that my sub is still in the slush.
Guess I've been so hard-up for a bit of good news lately that I read into this reply; sigh.

Carry on... (with other threads)

Last edited:

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I'll do that then, Matera.
Glad to hear it Callalily61!
Thnx, both, for weighing in.
-------------------------------
Email 'Thanks' letter sent. Took 20 minutes composing it.
Wanted to word it the best I could.

Last edited:

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, a simple thanks for their reply and you look forward to hearing from them soon.

kct webber

Squirrel, Sekrit type, 1 ea.
Registered
Reaction score
I did this a while back. I hadn't heard anything by their stated deadline, so I sent an email politely asking about the status. Like Callalily, they said I'd made the short list and they'd get back to me. I sent them a quick thanks for the update. A week later, I got an e-mail saying that they accepted the story. So it didn't screw me. Editors are busy, but they're people too. I just deal with them like people. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.