Anybody recognize this language?

Barb D

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bqdell.blogspot.com
I have an imaginary country in my WIP, and I googled it just to make sure it's not something real. I came up with this web page:

http://mv.lycaeum.org/anagrams/PARALINGUA.cgi?article=Hutibooshete

Thenone noybbui

Oinaosoi narha thetazho breqia tice.

Nobboeng tita tice auritane taxone kithe tele vine remnae ve. Le bere la tita tsella seso eetolye brati bazhi roto se ts. Biqua sesu.

-----

According to the phrase translator at the bottom of the page,
"tice auritane taxone kithe" means:
"Taxi cheekier attenuation."

or

"Eureka! Intoxicate hit neat."

Anybody have any clues for me?

ETA: I ran it through the languages in google translator, and Serbian translated the most words to English (but still only 3 or 4 words out of the passage.)

Last edited:

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
I didn't - but I'm no linguist.... so... I poked around in the guy's root directory. The other pages seem to be dedicated to psychedelia, chaos theory of language, cannabis... I couldn't make heads nor tails of ANYthing on the site. If it were my WIP, I don't think I'd worry about it. :)

Barb D

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bqdell.blogspot.com
I didn't - but I'm no linguist.... so... I poked around in the guy's root directory. The other pages seem to be dedicated to psychedelia, chaos theory of language, cannabis... I couldn't make heads nor tails of ANYthing on the site. If it were my WIP, I don't think I'd worry about it. :)

Yeah, I did that too...and looked at some other pages which mentioned Portugal. But it's not Portuguese. My son says it looks like Elvish. :)

I'm not worried about it, but I would love to know what the word means.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
It's a language of anagrams. He's just taking words and scrambling them up to make made-up sounding words.

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
I doubt it's Elvish. There are a ton of characters there that are missing from the Elvish alphabet, and it's not written the way I've seen it written.

I think it's probably made up. When you use characters, even of your own creation, you're bound to have some that look very similar to other languages. A lot of it looks almost Telugu, but again, there are some weird ones in there I've never seen and haven't been able to find in any real languages so far, but I've only looked for about 30 minutes.

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
I doubt it's Elvish. There are a ton of characters there that are missing from the Elvish alphabet, and it's not written the way I've seen it written.

I think it's probably made up.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but Elvish is actually made up by people. It's not the real language of Elves. :tongue

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Haha, sorry, poor word order. :ROFL:

I meant he probably made it up himself.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
Pssshhah...Elves in Madagascar, maybe, but we all know they drink too much wine...

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
It appears to be a nonsense article generator, and a well-designed one. Maybe anagrams are used as part of the word generation, but I doubt any of it actually means anything. If you put any set of letters in the SEARCH box it will generate an article based around it. So when I put in Priene I get

Priene Honnecle Zhunicloge

Priene pru bop ae newe chi ps ma jonu eone. Omnetole psadd litoa gaetae leseen. Eoillo cobli duosui falla Priene esoy herid bro aitt Ienaoti. Erollynee soduseeng wan hoitaezhimmonoa Priene. Numahito shi mero.

Barb D gets

Barb D Fahe Xopp

Barb D hese eisera giti kaki uppa sheri. Uosa brul uppa Barb D soae aell. Li tizhusee oone oefo heva rehegruogese psollija te ierr ees ati labre bera. Le chaod quetoji penos cesaerui quorec. Kaddihu joiwajee wute oobra tsoste ee. Wesewa suiri uppa ierr. Medarizho toon pr kul heva weteha eosononoy dabuwhy kego ludali nelas.

Barb D

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bqdell.blogspot.com
It appears to be a nonsense article generator, and a well-designed one. Maybe anagrams are used as part of the word generation, but I doubt any of it actually means anything. If you put any set of letters in the SEARCH box it will generate an article based around it. So when I put in Priene I get

Barb D gets

Pretty cool! Thanks for figuring that out!