Eight Patterns Of Humor

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
I found the book itself difficult to ingest, perhaps because it is a follow up to an earlier book The Pattern Recognition Theory of Humour. As with so many books with a number in the title, I failed to find a clear list of what the eight types actually are. However, the Resources section at the end of the book is awesome.

Newguy1428

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Remembering jokes is the hardest part of humor for me. You may find some useful info in here, but I think the 1,2,3 joke is essential for any humorist. I ate an excellent breakfast this morning...I drank a 2-liter bottle of soda, half a cold sausage pizza, and took a multi-vitamin.

David Letterman shows how to expand this with his top-ten list. The goal of a stand up comic is to increase the amount of laughs per minute. That's where all of the running gags, repeated punchlines and cooking segments come in, see?

From the looks of it, it will take a long time to tease any practical information out of this book. Although, I liked the puzzle jar. I am a potter. I'll rename mine the puzzle pitcher.

Thanks for posting it.