PDA

View Full Version : Fast and Furious

James81
03-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Who is going to see this big movie of PURE FRIKIN AWESOME?

Ok, so the last two sequels sucked serious ass, but I'm looking at the previews for this movie and it looks like it's the sequel that SHOULD have come after the first movie.

I loved the first movie (and was mildly entertained by the second movie and thought the third movie was pure shit), so I'm looking forward to seeing this one with all the original characters back.

katatonic
03-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Plot wise I can already guess this is going to be a pile of crap. But with chicks, cars and action, it's bound to leave every guy with a raging hard on -- well, me for one.

The latest trailer sold me. Pure adrenalin, kick ass, high speed action. So bring it on!!!

Atani
03-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Hey, some 'girls' like fast cars too! Won't be able to get to the theaters for it, but I'm looking forward to it on Netflix!!

KD_Kilker
03-21-2009, 12:16 AM
HECKZ to the YEAH.

The trailer confused me, though. I was thinking "Didn't that movie already come out a few years ago?".
I assumed, until now, that they were revamping the first movie, or something. And I was still going to see it xD

maestrowork
03-21-2009, 01:16 AM
Didn't Diesel refuse to come back for the 2nd and 3rd one? Now that he's back, it would only mean:

a) the script is REALLY good
b) they pay him an exorbitant amt of money he can't refuse
c) his career is dying
d) all of the above

MattW
03-21-2009, 01:23 AM
I was way into the import scene when the first movie came out. It was a flashy exposition on ricer stereotypes with lots of action thrown in, but fun to watch and fun to make fun of.

Now I'm a married homeowner who doesn't want extra attention from the police. But I like my fast cars, and I like them to be sleepers.

I'll still watch the new film, but not in a theater with a bunch of adolescent too dumb to keep the antics on the race track in real life.

James81
03-21-2009, 01:26 AM
Didn't Diesel refuse to come back for the 2nd and 3rd one? Now that he's back, it would only mean:

c) his career is dying
d) all of the above

I'd go with "d."

I was way into the import scene when the first movie came out. It was a flashy exposition on ricer stereotypes with lots of action thrown in, but fun to watch and fun to make fun of.

Now I'm a married homeowner who doesn't want extra attention from the police. But I like my fast cars, and I like them to be sleepers.

The first one was one of the most quotable movies ever. lol

Bullshit, asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

I live my life a quarter of a mile at a time.

I have....uh.... (ADD?)...yeah...that....shit.

dclary
03-21-2009, 02:28 AM

c) his career is dying
d) all of the above

e) B and C only

My biggest complaint with Fast and Furious 3: It was neither fast, furious, nor did it have any connection whatsoever with the first two films. It would be like naming the movie Black Rain, "James Bond goes to Japan."

Exactly.

dclary
03-21-2009, 02:31 AM
The first one was one of the most quotable movies ever.

Really?

Compared to The Princess Bride, Star Wars, Ghostbusters, or Space Balls? Doubtful.

Some movies have quotable lines, no doubt. Others, the entire script is quotable. The original Fast and Furious is not one of those films.

robeiae
03-21-2009, 02:38 AM
I assume it will be as good as the first. By that I mean it will be bloody awful.

But Vin Diesel being drawn in because the script was really good?!?!? Please. Did he or did he not star in XXX and Babylon A.D.--to say nothing of The Chronicles of Riddick?

I'll see it when it hits cable. I can wait an extra month.

robeiae
03-21-2009, 02:40 AM
Compared to The Princess Bride, Star Wars, Ghostbusters, or Space Balls? Doubtful.Blasphemer!

Where is Fletch?!?

katiemac
03-21-2009, 02:52 AM
I assume it will be as good as the first. By that I mean it will be bloody awful.

But Vin Diesel being drawn in because the script was really good?!?!? Please. Did he or did he not star in XXX and Babylon A.D.--to say nothing of The Chronicles of Riddick?

I could be unbelievably off base here, but I sort of remember something about Vin Diesel turning down the second XXX because he didn't want to be tied to a franchise. This was around the time of Fast and the Furious.

But erhm, yeah, they're making a third XXX and he's in that now, too ...

robeiae
03-21-2009, 02:56 AM
I could be unbelievably off base here, but I sort of remember something about Vin Diesel turning down the second XXX because he didn't want to be tied to a franchise. This was around the time of Fast and the Furious.
Dunno. That might be the case. I think that at the time, Vin had every reason to believe he was the nest Real Big Thing in Hollywood.

Btw, I enjoyed his performance in Find Me Guilty.

dclary
03-21-2009, 03:11 AM
Dunno. That might be the case. I think that at the time, Vin had every reason to believe he was the nest Real Big Thing in Hollywood.

Actually, it was between Pitch Black and Fast and Furious. Diesel, being a sci-fi buff, wanted to do Riddick, and not another F&F movie.

dclary
03-21-2009, 03:17 AM
Blasphemer!

Where is Fletch?!?

Excellent example.

James81
03-21-2009, 03:48 AM
Really?

Compared to The Princess Bride, Star Wars, Ghostbusters, or Space Balls? Doubtful.

Some movies have quotable lines, no doubt. Others, the entire script is quotable. The original Fast and Furious is not one of those films.

I threw in the "lol" part to sort of add to the fact that I was exagerating a bit and that it's one of the funniest "quotable" movies I know of (in the sense that some of the lines are so ridiculous that they are hilarious).

Again, I'm just exaggerating and am not trying to really lift it up above more quality movies. But I got a kick out of it, and enjoyed the first one immensely and there are so many funny ridiculous lines in that movie.

But erhm, yeah, they're making a third XXX and he's in that now, too ...

Hell yeah. I've been waiting for them to make another one. I'll be there.

I wonder how they are going to "smooth over" the line in the second movie where they said that Xandier was dead?

robeiae
03-21-2009, 03:51 AM
Deep cover. So deep, no one even knew.

That, or they'll pull a Rod Randle...

katiemac
03-21-2009, 04:18 AM
Hell yeah. I've been waiting for them to make another one. I'll be there.

I wonder how they are going to "smooth over" the line in the second movie where they said that Xandier was dead?

I believe the tentative title is XXX: The Return of Xandier.

maestrowork
03-21-2009, 05:31 AM

That was a good one, and we got to see his other side -- the actor side, not the action hero side.

chevbrock
03-21-2009, 04:48 PM

c) his career is dying
d) all of the above

If FAF: Tokyo Drift is one of those movies, my copy has Vin in it, at the very end. If it's not, please carry on ...

ChaosTitan
03-21-2009, 07:10 PM
New moves, original parts.

I admit, I saw the original in the theater. I'd waste eight bucks on it again, just to see the complete hotness that is Vin and Paul smoking up the screen together. :D

MattW
03-21-2009, 07:14 PM
When the first movie came out, many of my friends had run ins with Paul Walker in airports, bars, and other places.

I imagine The Walker Convergence will begin again...

Atani
03-23-2009, 05:53 PM
If FAF: Tokyo Drift is one of those movies, my copy has Vin in it, at the very end. If it's not, please carry on ...

He appears in it for a second, and I've been told he did it for free, but that could just be a rumor.

Can't say I'm a big fan of his... my mother think's he's sexy... ick

Satori1977
03-26-2009, 07:24 PM
Plot wise I can already guess this is going to be a pile of crap. But with chicks, cars and action, it's bound to leave every guy with a raging hard on -- well, me for one.

The latest trailer sold me. Pure adrenalin, kick ass, high speed action. So bring it on!!!

Count me in..fast cars, Vin and Paul....hey, us chicks like action movies and hot bods too. It doesn't have to have a plot, but I bet it will be a fun ride.

K. Taylor
03-27-2009, 02:39 AM
Hell yeah! Girl who grew up with cars, here. My boyfriend has a '63 Thunderbird. We saw the first 2 in theaters, and just watched Tokyo Drift yesterday on DVD in prep - got a nice money off coupon on the box, too!

Vin's producing this movie, so I'm assuming he had more control. Hey, as long as there's a hot big block pulling its front end off the ground, I'm happy!

Zoombie
03-27-2009, 03:13 AM
I was testing a theory.

Adding the word "Space" to a title instantly makes it a thousand times better. Possibly use "in" somewhere in there.

Fast and the Furious in Space.

That'd be incredibleawesome.

MattW
03-27-2009, 03:28 AM
"I live my life a quarter parsec at a time."

<spaceship image deleted because it was too darn big>

Zoombie
03-27-2009, 03:29 AM
I'd buy that for a dollar!

MissLadyRae
03-28-2009, 06:57 AM
Hey, I kinda liked Tokyo Drift...

I'll be seeing this on cable but very much looking forward to it. Especially since I heard Han (Sung Kang) was in it. Hopefully he's there for more than a hot minute. I was bummed when he died.

Plus toss in some shirtless Paul Walker and Vin Diesel and I'm a happy girlie. :-D

I heard Vin stretched out his acting chops in that short film he made with Sundance in the 90s. Still trying to get my hands on it. I can't remember the name but I know he won an award for it since he acted in it, produced, directed and wrote.

Zoombie, Sling Blade...in Space?

Zoombie
03-28-2009, 07:08 AM
It would totally work!

LaurieD
03-28-2009, 10:01 AM
I liked the first one and thought the second one was ok. Don't remember the third, though my husband says we watched it and I was indeed awake through the whole thing. We'll probably watch this one for the sake of it

Angie
03-29-2009, 04:37 AM

I agree with you on everything except watching it on cable. I'll pass.

Blasphemer!

Where is Fletch?!?

"Well, I'm not even sure that's a crime anymore. There've been a lot of changes in the law." :D

That was a good one, and we got to see his other side -- the actor side, not the action hero side.

Vin Diesel has an actor side?? I'll have to find that movie, because I refuse to believe he can act until I see it for myself.

maestrowork
03-29-2009, 04:53 AM
I think he actually gained thirty pounds to play that role -- he was doing the De Niro. ;)

Hey, Michelle Rodriguez (from LOST) is in this... maybe I'll see this after all.

K. Taylor
04-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Saw the movie Saturday and it was so much fun.

Box office estimate is over $72 million for the weekend.

ChunkyC
04-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Movies you'd have to pay me to see:

XXX franchise
F&F franchise

Oh right, I review movies for money, so I have been paid to see some of those. :D

Decades ago when I had my own Mustang Boss Hoss and thought doing brakestands1 in front of my buddy's house after dropping him off at 3 a.m. was the height of macho coolness, I would have loved those movies. But now ... meh. As long as some dillhole doesn't leave the theatre and then try to reproduce some of the stunts using his dad's Hyundai Elantra, then I suppose they're harmless fun.

1 -- what we called brakestands was to hold the brakes hard, put 'er in gear and floor it. Basically, you sit still while burning an inch or two of rubber off your back tires until you release the brakes, then leave a hundred foot pair of skid marks on the road while you hope you don't end up driving on the rims before you reach the corner. Yeah, I was an idiot back then. Okay, more of an idiot than I am now.

Bravo
04-06-2009, 09:23 PM
i seriously loved the first one. watched it all the time back in college.

jordanna brewster + fast cars.

nothing better.

plus i actually thought it had a fun plot, it worked for me.

but she doesnt look as hot in this one and i have a feeling there is no plot here.

so itll be a rental, while sitting in the jacuzzi with two hot 20 somethings around my arms.

because that's how i like to watch movies like this.

James81
04-06-2009, 09:44 PM
but she doesnt look as hot in this one and i have a feeling there is no plot here.

Saw it over the weekend...

Believe it or not, this is the best plot of them all (IMO). That doesn't make it some "great plot," but it is the best one of the four.

I really liked this one.

K. Taylor
04-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Yeah, there's actually more plot than the others.

The movie fits in timeline between the second one and Tokyo Drift.

Opty
04-07-2009, 04:15 AM
I felt I got my money's worth from it. I didn't go in with any high expectations; just expected for some flashy, dumb fun with fast cars and hot chicks.

And, the Israeli chick playing the latina (Gal Godot, Miss Israel) is so freaking hot...even if the movie had totally sucked...it would've been worth it just to see her on screen.

dclary
04-07-2009, 04:48 AM
I felt I got my money's worth from it. I didn't go in with any high expectations; just expected for some flashy, dumb fun with fast cars and hot chicks.

And, the Israeli chick playing the latina (Gal Godot, Miss Israel) is so freaking hot...even if the movie had totally sucked...it would've been worth it just to see her on screen.

I've heard that about her. I think AICN said something similar.

dclary
04-07-2009, 04:49 AM
Yeah, there's actually more plot than the others.

Ah, two thimblefulls!

Enzo
04-07-2009, 06:01 AM
I liked the first one, never saw the second one, saw the third one on TV.

The CGI in the trailer for F&F - with the truck rolling over their heads - kind of threw me off. Didn't look real enough for me - not that I would go to see this movie for the realism. I might wait until it's on TV, which around here, means two years from now.

ChunkyC
04-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Meh. Sure, she's got a pretty face, but she's a toothpick (http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1670878976/nm2933757). I like my gals with some curves, like Salma Hayek (http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1100454656/nm0000161). Now if she had been in the movie, it would have been worth the price of the ticket, mmmrOWr! :)

Satori1977
04-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Just saw it, and I really liked it. Good plotline, not great, but it all fit together. I do have to say that if you want to watch Michelle Rodriguez, she isn't in much of it...which is too bad, I love her character. But otherwise, it was fun. Looking forward to the next one.

James81
04-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Looking forward to the next one.

lol please God no. Four is enough.

But this one has had some decent success, so we all know another is probably coming. I highly doubt that it will have the original characters though. And it just isn't the same without Dom and Brian together in the movie.

Bravo
04-15-2009, 09:31 PM
h Michelle Rodriguez, she isn't in much of it

thank God.

but damn, opti, that gadot chick's ridiculously pretty.

robeiae
04-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Meh. Sure, she's got a pretty face, but she's a toothpick (http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1670878976/nm2933757). I like my gals with some curves, like Salma Hayek (http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1100454656/nm0000161). Now if she had been in the movie, it would have been worth the price of the ticket, mmmrOWr! :)
Salma is what? Like 4'2"? A little height please...

Actually, my wife met her once many years ago and said she was incredibly beautiful in person, but very, very petite.

Gimme Penelope Cruz...

James81
04-15-2009, 10:06 PM

Actually, my wife met her once many years ago and said she was incredibly beautiful in person, but very, very petite.

Gimme Penelope Cruz...

I'll take J-Lo in Selena over all them skinny wenches. :D

maestrowork
04-15-2009, 10:46 PM

She doesn't look that petite in a low cut dress...

She's a gorgeous woman but not exactly my type. Gimme Charlize Theron... I'll do anything for her.

dclary
04-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Saw this yesterday. Wasn't too impressed. Paul Walker spent the entire movie trying to emote and prove he can actually act. Vin Diesel spent the entire movie in sleeveless shirts to prove he's got massive cannons.

Everyone else was lame.

Forgettable movie.