Fast and Furious

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Who is going to see this big movie of PURE FRIKIN AWESOME?

Ok, so the last two sequels sucked serious ass, but I'm looking at the previews for this movie and it looks like it's the sequel that SHOULD have come after the first movie.

I loved the first movie (and was mildly entertained by the second movie and thought the third movie was pure shit), so I'm looking forward to seeing this one with all the original characters back.

katatonic

Plot wise I can already guess this is going to be a pile of crap. But with chicks, cars and action, it's bound to leave every guy with a raging hard on -- well, me for one.

The latest trailer sold me. Pure adrenalin, kick ass, high speed action. So bring it on!!!

KD_Kilker

Carpe diem
Registered
Reaction score
HECKZ to the YEAH.

The trailer confused me, though. I was thinking "Didn't that movie already come out a few years ago?".
I assumed, until now, that they were revamping the first movie, or something. And I was still going to see it xD

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Didn't Diesel refuse to come back for the 2nd and 3rd one? Now that he's back, it would only mean:

a) the script is REALLY good
b) they pay him an exorbitant amt of money he can't refuse
c) his career is dying
d) all of the above

Last edited:

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
I was way into the import scene when the first movie came out. It was a flashy exposition on ricer stereotypes with lots of action thrown in, but fun to watch and fun to make fun of.

Now I'm a married homeowner who doesn't want extra attention from the police. But I like my fast cars, and I like them to be sleepers.

I'll still watch the new film, but not in a theater with a bunch of adolescent too dumb to keep the antics on the race track in real life.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't Diesel refuse to come back for the 2nd and 3rd one? Now that he's back, it would only mean:

c) his career is dying
d) all of the above

I'd go with "d."

I was way into the import scene when the first movie came out. It was a flashy exposition on ricer stereotypes with lots of action thrown in, but fun to watch and fun to make fun of.

Now I'm a married homeowner who doesn't want extra attention from the police. But I like my fast cars, and I like them to be sleepers.

The first one was one of the most quotable movies ever. lol

Bullshit, asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

I live my life a quarter of a mile at a time.

I have....uh.... (ADD?)...yeah...that....shit.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com

c) his career is dying
d) all of the above

e) B and C only

My biggest complaint with Fast and Furious 3: It was neither fast, furious, nor did it have any connection whatsoever with the first two films. It would be like naming the movie Black Rain, "James Bond goes to Japan."

Exactly.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
The first one was one of the most quotable movies ever.

Really?

Compared to The Princess Bride, Star Wars, Ghostbusters, or Space Balls? Doubtful.

Some movies have quotable lines, no doubt. Others, the entire script is quotable. The original Fast and Furious is not one of those films.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
I assume it will be as good as the first. By that I mean it will be bloody awful.

But Vin Diesel being drawn in because the script was really good?!?!? Please. Did he or did he not star in XXX and Babylon A.D.--to say nothing of The Chronicles of Riddick?

I'll see it when it hits cable. I can wait an extra month.

Last edited:

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I assume it will be as good as the first. By that I mean it will be bloody awful.

But Vin Diesel being drawn in because the script was really good?!?!? Please. Did he or did he not star in XXX and Babylon A.D.--to say nothing of The Chronicles of Riddick?

I'll see it when it hits cable. I can wait an extra month.

I could be unbelievably off base here, but I sort of remember something about Vin Diesel turning down the second XXX because he didn't want to be tied to a franchise. This was around the time of Fast and the Furious.

But erhm, yeah, they're making a third XXX and he's in that now, too ...

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
I could be unbelievably off base here, but I sort of remember something about Vin Diesel turning down the second XXX because he didn't want to be tied to a franchise. This was around the time of Fast and the Furious.
Dunno. That might be the case. I think that at the time, Vin had every reason to believe he was the nest Real Big Thing in Hollywood.

Btw, I enjoyed his performance in Find Me Guilty.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Dunno. That might be the case. I think that at the time, Vin had every reason to believe he was the nest Real Big Thing in Hollywood.

Btw, I enjoyed his performance in Find Me Guilty.

Actually, it was between Pitch Black and Fast and Furious. Diesel, being a sci-fi buff, wanted to do Riddick, and not another F&F movie.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Really?

Compared to The Princess Bride, Star Wars, Ghostbusters, or Space Balls? Doubtful.

Some movies have quotable lines, no doubt. Others, the entire script is quotable. The original Fast and Furious is not one of those films.

I threw in the "lol" part to sort of add to the fact that I was exagerating a bit and that it's one of the funniest "quotable" movies I know of (in the sense that some of the lines are so ridiculous that they are hilarious).

Again, I'm just exaggerating and am not trying to really lift it up above more quality movies. But I got a kick out of it, and enjoyed the first one immensely and there are so many funny ridiculous lines in that movie.

But erhm, yeah, they're making a third XXX and he's in that now, too ...

Hell yeah. I've been waiting for them to make another one. I'll be there.

I wonder how they are going to "smooth over" the line in the second movie where they said that Xandier was dead?

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Hell yeah. I've been waiting for them to make another one. I'll be there.

I wonder how they are going to "smooth over" the line in the second movie where they said that Xandier was dead?

I believe the tentative title is XXX: The Return of Xandier.

chevbrock

Registered
Reaction score

c) his career is dying
d) all of the above

If FAF: Tokyo Drift is one of those movies, my copy has Vin in it, at the very end. If it's not, please carry on ...

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
New moves, original parts.

I admit, I saw the original in the theater. I'd waste eight bucks on it again, just to see the complete hotness that is Vin and Paul smoking up the screen together. :D

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
When the first movie came out, many of my friends had run ins with Paul Walker in airports, bars, and other places.

I imagine The Walker Convergence will begin again...

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Plot wise I can already guess this is going to be a pile of crap. But with chicks, cars and action, it's bound to leave every guy with a raging hard on -- well, me for one.

The latest trailer sold me. Pure adrenalin, kick ass, high speed action. So bring it on!!!

Count me in..fast cars, Vin and Paul....hey, us chicks like action movies and hot bods too. It doesn't have to have a plot, but I bet it will be a fun ride.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Hell yeah! Girl who grew up with cars, here. My boyfriend has a '63 Thunderbird. We saw the first 2 in theaters, and just watched Tokyo Drift yesterday on DVD in prep - got a nice money off coupon on the box, too!

Vin's producing this movie, so I'm assuming he had more control. Hey, as long as there's a hot big block pulling its front end off the ground, I'm happy!