• This forum is specifically for the discussion of factual science and technology. When the topic moves to speculation, then it needs to also move to the parent forum, Science Fiction and Fantasy (SF/F).

If the topic of a discussion becomes political, even remotely so, then it immediately does no longer belong here. Failure to comply with these simple and reasonable guidelines will result in one of the following.
    1. the thread will be moved to the appropriate forum
    2. the thread will be closed to further posts.
    3. the thread will remain, but the posts that deviate from the topic will be relocated or deleted.
    Thank you for understanding.​

? Quantum entanglement at a big world level?

small axe

memento mori
Registered
Reaction score
:e2fairy: Someone was telling me there's been some sort of big breakthrough, some huge discovery that if it holds out as true, will revolutionize technology, some entanglement behaviour on a molecular level? Something about discovering how to entangle particles and then using that to predict and manipulate things to get around quantum Uncertainty? Some way to encode a huge amount of information at amazing speeds ...?

I couldn't find anything on the internet, but I know many of you are far deeper connected and comprehending of such cutting edge developments.

Heard anything about that becoming real, really soon?

Lhun

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what rumor that is (because i haven't heard it) but it is extremely unlikely there's anything behind it if you can't find anything about a major breakthrough on the internet. Usually, the internet is the first source for any rumor about scientific breakthroughs, real or hoax. If you only heard it by word of mouth, you either got some top secret insider info much to important to be put into a press release (yeah, right) or it's baseless.
Or maybe you just didn't find it. Though if you're sure you tried all the proper keywords and didn't find anything that's also very unlikely.

small axe

memento mori
Registered
Reaction score
Well, nothing broke about it in the days since, so I guess it was, as you say, 'baseless' ...

Unless, of course, it's a secret base, either hidden in a deep ocean trench, inside the hollow Earth, or on the darkside of the Moon!

I was disappointed not to even be able to find the HOAX on the internet though. There's usually at least a crackpot website to trace these back to ...

Thanks anyway.

Lhun

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Quantum entanglement is a crackpot magnet, abit like magnet resonance. Someone once summarized it nicely: If someone talks about magnet resonance, and is not talking about big, ridiculously expensive medical diagnosis equipment, he's talking rubbish.