PDA

View Full Version : Beta needed - urban fantasy...

seun
03-18-2009, 11:02 PM
...full of angels, demons and the walking dead needs a beta to tell me what works and what doesn't. 'Set is 97,000 words and if I had to compare it to anyone, I'd probably say a bit of John Connolly and Neil Gaiman.
This is the blurb (which I'm currently trying to improve). Any and all welcome to beta the book.

’Set: the halfway point between life and death, a world of permanent sunset and the walking dead. Soon after the miscarriage of her daughter, Emma Cooper learns of this world from an angel and demon who need her help to fix a problem with the dead. Their offer is simple: come with them to ‘Set and help to free her daughter’s trapped soul - along with countless others.

Because something has gone wrong in ‘Set; something is blocking the dead from travelling there from our world, leaving thousands of souls caught in between. Recently deceased George Bryson has started a rebellion against death; he’s closed the door between the living and dead world. If this man’s work is allowed to continue and the trapped souls cannot get to ‘Set, ‘Set will come to them. Even if this means slipping through the cracks into our world and bringing the walking dead with it.

Now for the first time since Creation, Heaven and Hell must unite if they are to undo the blockage and stop ‘Set’s growth. And if Emma is to save her daughter’s soul, she must journey from her world deep into the mysteries of ‘Set and from there to an ancient place angels and demons do not speak of: the Void.

But what none of them – living, dead, angel or demon – know is what is coming behind ‘Set, pushing it further towards the living. If these horrors from the beginning of time can break out of their eternal darkness and find a way into the world of the living, Heaven, Hell and everywhere in between will burn in the red light of ‘Set.

everythinginblak
03-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Now that sounds interesting! I am currently tied to another project, but maybe when I'm finished, I could beta this for you?

seun
03-19-2009, 12:17 AM
That would be grand. Let me know when you're free. :hooray: