PDA

View Full Version : Superhero Movies?

sunandshadow
03-18-2009, 08:35 AM
Hi all. I don't really know much about superheros since I never really got into the concept as a kid, but recently I really enjoyed Sky High and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, and I would love to hear other recommendations for superhero/villain themed movies or anime with a similar sense of humor.

Thanks! :)

shawkins
03-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Mystery Men was decent. There was another one along the same lines called The Specials (they were "the sixth or seventh greatest superhero team in the world"), but the web site was better than the actual movie.

BrittaMoline
04-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Well, the best superhero film of all time is of course Iron Man. I never liked or was very aware of superheroes before that film. Not exactly obscure, but it's a film that never stops making me happy.

Opty
04-04-2009, 10:04 AM
The Matrix is a great superhero movie, though it doesn't fit your request for humorous superhero flicks (unless you count Keanu's acting).

ChaosTitan
04-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Zoom had a good sense of humor. Starring Tim Allen didn't hurt. ;)

williemeikle
04-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Hi all. I don't really know much about superheros since I never really got into the concept as a kid, but recently I really enjoyed Sky High and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, and I would love to hear other recommendations for superhero/villain themed movies or anime with a similar sense of humor.

Thanks! :)

The Incredibles did almost every superhero joke you'd ever want to think of :)

Romantic Heretic
04-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I vote for The Incredibles. Hilarious! :D

Toothpaste
04-04-2009, 07:47 PM
I'll third The Incredibles. And don't be thrown off because it's animated, it's totally meant for adults and is very sophisticated. And awesome.

As far as fun superhero films go, the first two Spiderman films were a blast (don't even bother with number 3) as were the first two XMen films. These films aren't as tongue in cheek, but they still have lots of fun, there are many jokes, and some great action sequences.

If you want to try darker the latest two Batman movies are wonderful, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. They are however on the total other end of the spectrum from the previous ones I mentioned, rather bleak. But that doesn't make them not great!

Check out the original Superman films with Christopher Reeve, they are rather silly fun. And yes I will also second Iron Man - lots of fun to be had there as well.

And while not really a superhero film, Galaxy Quest which is a parody of the Star Trek franchise definitely shares its humour with the films you mentioned, is just so lovely and fun, and you don't have to have watched any Star Trek to enjoy it.

BrittaMoline
04-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Also seconding Galaxy Quest. Not for everyone but I loved it.