• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta needed for YA vampire/romance novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxmagicboxersxx

Registered
Reaction score
Here's the summary from a query letter I wrote, since I'm too lazy to write another one. xD

In Greek mythology, Persephone, the daughter of the goddess Demeter, captures the attention of the infamous underworld god, Hades. He knows he must have her, and steals her away into his kingdom. As the story goes, she wishes to leave, but eats the seed of a pomegranate and is forced to stay with her new husband. In my novel Persephone, young Rhian is in a similar predicament… without the kidnapping and fruit, of course.

Rhian begins dating an eccentric and alluring Greek man, but doesn’t realize the only reason she wasn’t killed after their first date was because he couldn’t help but keep her alive for his own fascination. Constantine is a vampire, and Rhian has no idea. She also has no idea that vampires have their own government, the capitol off the coast of Mexico, and that the Nahuatl, shape shifters that originated in the Aztec world, are the hired help to make sure vampires don’t cross too many lines. She is involuntarily stolen into this dark world, and comes to the painful realization she can never escape it due to her involvement with Constantine. It is die or fight now, while trying to keep her family safe without exposing the vampire secret.

The story is almost finished, but I want someone to start going through it for me. I submitted a query to an agent that requested a partial, which I was surprised by. Honestly, I didn't expect her to, so now I want to see it edited. Just the first 30 pages or so right now, and as quickly as possible.

I have had a few betas in the past, but they all got caught up in life. It's understandable, of course, but I need someone reliable. Preferably someone with not so much going on right now, and that can get back to me ASAP. I'd prefer if my beta sent me his review/edit chapter by chapter, starting with chapter 2, since I just had the first one edited/reviewed by someone else.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.