So, I'm thinking about constructing my own "room" for teh fun and relaxation...

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
("Teh" used to be used quite a bit on the intranets, but it's use is seriously decreasing and I just want to bring it back...)

Anyway, I'm currently living in a one bedroom apartment, which makes life kind of tricky on the weekends that my kids stay with me. My room has been invaded with toys, a toddler bed, and video games.

I enjoy the video games and teh (haha) toys--don't get me wrong--but I'm ready to upgrade as soon as I can front the cash for a deposit again (which should be another month or so).

Originally I was just going to get a two bedroom apartment. One room for me. One for my kids. But then I hatched the most awesome idea I've ever had in my life...

The THREE bedroom apartment. Not one, not two, but THREE MO FRACKIN' bedrooms. How awesome would that be?

And for my third bedroom, I have imagined a room full of just...wow. A desk and an area for my writing (complete with a file cabinet and a permanent place for my printer--which now resides on my wrap around couch). A treadmill and an ab machine for a workout. An mp3 player jukebox thingy to hook my mp3 player into and blast music while I run. A nice flat screen TV to watch while I run. A trampoline. A pinball machine...

Ok, so I'm getting carried away. Right now I want an area to write (doesn't have to be all that big). An area to work out. And for my third area I'd like to be more for fun/games. So any suggestions for fun stuff to cram into my all me all the time room, feel free to throw them out. (btw, I'm willing to "sacrifice" the largest room in said apartment for this venture as I really don't give a shit how big the room is that I sleep in)

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to see what you peeps would do if you could have a room all to yourself. What would you put in it?

Annayna

Vampire
Registered
Reaction score
hmm I kind of have a room to myself lol.. but my desk, my pup all her toys and all my wolf stuff :D

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
I got one of them. I call it my "office." It has my two desks (some 12 feet of desktop space.) It's got my computer, my two printers, my CDs. I've got my TV, too, just to the left of my monitor. It's just a short shout from Hubby in the other room, so when I find some neat picture or something to show him, he's nearby.

And it's got my collection of Star Wars Galactic Heroes figures. (I love my squatty guys.)

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I got one of them. I call it my "office." It has my two desks (some 12 feet of desktop space.) It's got my computer, my two printers, my CDs. I've got my TV, too, just to the left of my monitor. It's just a short shout from Hubby in the other room, so when I find some neat picture or something to show him, he's nearby.

And it's got my collection of Star Wars Galactic Heroes figures. (I love my squatty guys.)

That's boring.

I'm thinking more in terms of Josh Baskin's apartment from the movie Big.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I thought you were opening a relaxation room. Um, personal space is more gooder than not.