Looking for a specific App for my iPhone

ShannonStacey

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shannonstacey.com
I haven't found any good word processing apps, but I've been using the Notes+ app from SEPV Corporation ($1.99) because it has the landscape keyboard. When I'm done I email it to myself, then later on the laptop, I'll c&p from the email into my Word doc.

scribbler1382

Write For You, Edit For The Reader
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soderstrom.ca
I grabbed this a while ago for $4.99 from the app store. Works great, especially offline, since my iphone is an itouch :)

Have to admit I've yet to use it for anything, but hey, there you go.

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
I am currently test-driving WriteRoom. The sync-up with Safari browser is what really interests me enough to merit dropping five smackolas into an experiment. This could be a google-docs equivalent for the iphone. I sure hope so!

(Heard file-sizes were an issue for gOffice, by the way...)

Thanks everyone!

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
I tried writing on it, just to jot down ideas before I lost them in traffic.

Wound up adding Evernote to my phone and computer. I can just record the voice message, or a picture, or a written note, and it syncs to my computer(s).

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I tried writing on it, just to jot down ideas before I lost them in traffic.

Wound up adding Evernote to my phone and computer. I can just record the voice message, or a picture, or a written note, and it syncs to my computer(s).

I use Voice memo for note taking. "Writing" takes too long and too imprecise. Plus can't really do that when I'm driving....

ShannonStacey

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shannonstacey.com
The premium version of the Docs to Go app now syncs with Dropbox (and several other cloud services, I think), so writing and editing Word docs is a breeze and syncs when you save it. Docs to Go is my favorite app for writing because it preserves the formatting when it grabs the doc from the primary computer and it has a landscape keyboard. Or it'll just sync the document between the mobile and desktop folders if you don't use a cloud.

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
Cloud is really the word o the day. Writing on an iPhone is a stealth action because everyone assumes I is just a dumb txter or emailer. I can do it on a bus, in a waiting room, etc, and sync with my cloud.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I guess I'm not as big and good a typer on the iPhone as some of you. The occasional text message or email is fine, but I can't imagine myself working on a Word doc on the iPhone. Now, iPad is the way to go. ;)

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Didn't know Doc to Go can sync with DropBox -- now that's a game changer, although I will have to wait for the iPad version. And I also hope the next versions of Pages would sync with DropBox as well.

ShannonStacey

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shannonstacey.com
I think the syncing with Dropbox just came with the most recent update, and it says an iPad version with the next update.

I have the Touch instead of the iPhone (mournful Verizon customer) so I stealth write while everybody thinks I'm playing Crush the Castle and then it syncs when I get home.