PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Hulu?

scottm
03-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Has anyone used this site here? What do you think of it. I'm watching tv shows on it more than on my DVR.

TheRightEyedDeer
03-14-2009, 09:41 PM
I just went to their site only to discover that streaming is only available in the US (I'm in Canada). :(

jubileerocker
03-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Only site that has SNL so yes

Medievalist
03-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Yep; Babylon 5, Buffy, Angel, Firefly . . .

maestrowork
03-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Love it.

They do stream from other sites, too, such as ABC. I prefer their in-house interface and streaming. Very slick. And the commercials are short enough that they're not irritating.

trickywoo
03-15-2009, 06:45 AM
I like it. Short ads and good quality.

Millicent M'Lady
03-15-2009, 06:47 AM
I just went to their site only to discover that streaming is only available in the US (I'm in Canada). :(

Try surfthechannel. It's what I do with my days... :)

eric11210
03-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Used to until I moved to Israel. Stupid geoblocking. Surfthechannel often has very poor quality and is technically illegal FYI. I tried it a few times, but don't bother anymore.

Eric

MMcDonald64
03-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Hulu is great. I love that you can embed clips (either pre-made clips or you can make one yourself) from a show into blogs. Every episode of Friday Night Lights is there . If you've missed out on this great show, you can watch a few on Hulu. I guarantee it will hook you.

Medievalist
03-15-2009, 05:47 PM
If you can't get Hulu, try http://www.sling.com.

Mostly the same, not quite all the Hulu content.

http://www.cbs.com has old shows like the original Star Trek.

mdin
03-17-2009, 12:09 AM
My kids watch it quite a bit. They have several old episodes of Silver Spoons. Silver Spoons!

I've recently discovered the awesomeness of Cox's On-Demand service. I recently watched the entirety of Breaking Bad in HD, which was very cool. No commercials at all.

Gravity
03-17-2009, 12:12 AM
Hulu is tres cool. They need to add more WKRP episodes, though. And the original Outer Limits.

Pamster
03-23-2009, 12:21 AM
I like using netflix for the instant watch feature, we pay 9 and change monthly to get unlimited watching and unlimited one at a time DVD's in the mail. THey have ALL of Xena!!!! WOOOT!!!!!11!!

jubileerocker
03-23-2009, 10:43 AM
besides, I don't care what anyone says Alec Baldwin is hot and he can eat my mushy brains any day

KikiteNeko
03-23-2009, 10:46 AM
I love hulu! I watch it more than I watch my actual TV. It's great because if I miss a show, it's up on hulu the next day. Their movie selection kinda stinks though.

Cassiopeia
03-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Can I get it through my Xbox so I can watch it on my nice hi def tv i bought?

KikiteNeko
03-23-2009, 12:22 PM

You can, because I saw a segment on the news about a couple who hooked their TV up to the internet to watch Hulu. How, I don't know.

Noah Body
03-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I use it to catch up on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Alpha Echo
03-23-2009, 05:24 PM
I LOVE Hulu! My sister and I were talking about this the other day. I got addicted to some show from the 90's I'd never heard of before, and I get caught up on my favorite shows when I miss them.

stormie
03-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Oh, I love hulu! I found it about six months ago and I'm hooked. I don't watch TV or rent or borrow movies, so this is a great way to see shows like House or movies that I've wanted to see but never did. And it's free!!!!!!

Sarita
03-23-2009, 05:34 PM

You can, because I saw a segment on the news about a couple who hooked their TV up to the internet to watch Hulu. How, I don't know.
Not sure about xbox, but I just use a regular monitor cable and hook my laptop up to the TV. Hulu is how I'm catching up with Lost. I :heart: it.

maestrowork
03-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Hulu on XBox:

http://www.paulcolligan.com/2008/09/01/hulu-on-the-xbox-heres-how/

You'll need something called PlayOn (in beta now) installed. If you're on a Mac, you're out of luck. Boxee used to have Hulu but they've since parted ways.

XBox will also stream from NetFlix InstantWatch, if you have a Netflix account. It's great.

Shadow_Ferret
03-23-2009, 08:15 PM
I'll have to look at it again, but last time I looked they didn't have any shows I was interested in watching.

Not sure about xbox, but I just use a regular monitor cable and hook my laptop up to the TV. Hulu is how I'm catching up with Lost. I :heart: it.What kind of cable? My laptop only has USB ports.

Pamster
03-23-2009, 08:19 PM
Most likely an HDMI cable port....Some newer laptops have these and man do I ever want one! WOOT!

Sarita
03-23-2009, 08:21 PM
What kind of cable? My laptop only has USB ports.
Are you kidding me with this? LOL. I have no idea!

Um, I think it's called a VGA cable? Does that sound right? It's the regular blue ended monitor cable, my laptop has a port on the right side, next to the phone jacks.

maestrowork
03-23-2009, 08:23 PM
I'll have to look at it again, but last time I looked they didn't have any shows I was interested in watching.

They don't have everything but they have quite a lot now. Sometimes they just stream from the network's sites (forex, if you want to watch Lost, it actually went to ABC).

What kind of cable? My laptop only has USB ports.

Check if your laptop has a DVI out. If you have an HDTV, you can hook up the DVI to the DVI or HDMI port of the TV. Some laptops also have video output ports. Otherwise, you'll most likely have to find an adaptor and do a few config things to hook up your laptops to TV (e.g. a VGA to RCA adaptor).

Shadow_Ferret
03-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Oh, and you can plug that into your TV? Hmm. I need to upgrade my TV.

maestrowork
03-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Oh, and you can plug that into your TV? Hmm. I need to upgrade my TV.

Yes, most HDTVs have DVI or -- more often than not -- HDMI inputs. Some may have PC inputs, too. With everything going to HD by Fall this year, you may want to upgrade anyway (you can get a 47" HDTV for under $1000 now).

MissKris
03-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Hulu is awesome. I love when you have the option of watching the commercials spread out throughout the show or can option to just watch one movie preview at the beginning of the show then - no more commercials! And I like movie previews for their own sake, so it's cool for me!

maestrowork
03-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Even the commercials are not that bad. They're really short (like 15 seconds instead of 3 minutes like on regular TV) and usually, they're of the same thing.

I watch all the SNL on Hulu now.

Cranky
03-23-2009, 11:27 PM
I love Hulu. Love it love it love it. I watch stuff on there all of the time, though I do agree I'm not wild about their movie selection.

But, since I go there for my TV fix, I don't mind. :)