PDA

View Full Version : Dog Fancy - anyone tried e-mail?

Rose
06-02-2005, 09:46 PM
The guidelines for Dog Fancy say they only accept queries by snail mail. Has anyone had any luck with e-mail?

I know, I know! It's best to follow the guidelines, and I will. It's just that guidelines aren't always current and they don't always reflect current policies and practices....

awatkins
06-03-2005, 06:31 PM
Hi Rose,

I don't have any experience with Dog Fancy, but I know they are owned by the same company that has Bird Talk, and Bird Talk doesn't take e-mailed queries. I don't know if that's just editor preference, or if it's something done company wide. Hopefully somebody who has worked with Dog Fancy will chime in soon.

~ Anne

Mihoshi
06-07-2005, 04:34 AM
It says it will take 8-10 weeks for a reply.

I've been trying to get together a query for Corgis since they've never been a cover story breed.

Rose
06-07-2005, 08:42 AM
Thanks, Mihoshi. It's not so much reply time I'm concerned with as method of submitting a query.I'm waiting to hear back from a holistic vet with expertise in homemade dog food. Once I get a quote or two from him, I'm going to pitch an article to Dog Fancy - and I was really hoping someone would chime in and say that e-mail is perfectly acceptable. Alas, my printer will have to do some work for this one.

Good luck with your Corgi pitch! There's only two dogs in a 100-mile radius that might be more spoiled than my slobbery beast, and one of them is a Corgi.

Mihoshi
06-09-2005, 02:07 AM
It must be an editor preferance, or something like that. Most of the other Bow Tie publications accept e-mail queries. Cat Fancy is an odd one as well, they'll accept e-mail queries, but only between January and May, everything else goes to the garbage.