Any multiples here (twins, triplets, quads...)?

MumblingSage

Inarticulate Herb
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm a twin, my twin and I are both writers, other than that there are no generalizations to make.

I'm curious to see if there are any other multiples around and just...yeah...talk. Does anybody else have a sibling who shares both DNA and a writing hobby?

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I'm curious. Are you and your twin fraternal or identical? If frateral, are you same-sex twins?

MumblingSage

Inarticulate Herb
Registered
Reaction score
Identical same-sex, thus that DNA-sharing thing. My face is wider, her hair is longer, she drools over Oscar Wilde and the French Revolution while I quietly fangirl Sinclair Lewis and the Missisipian Culture Complex. It's about 60-40 who can tell us apart within the first week of knowing us and who is just hopeless.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Identical same-sex, thus that DNA-sharing thing. My face is wider, her hair is longer, she drools over Oscar Wilde and the French Revolution while I quietly fangirl Sinclair Lewis and the Missisipian Culture Complex. It's about 60-40 who can tell us apart within the first week of knowing us and who is just hopeless.
I read somewhere that identical twins have the closest bond. Then it's same-sex fraternal, and finally opposite sex twins. I think you'd be more likely to find identical twins pursuing the same interest than any other twin combination.

Interesting. I'm not a twin, but I have friends who are, and friends who've had them.

MumblingSage

Inarticulate Herb
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting. I'm not a twin, but I have friends who are, and friends who've had them.
Who've HAD them? What happened? :D

I'm praying with everything I have that Rolling Thunder, Haggis, and KTC answer "no" to this question...
Well, maybe they're the evil twins of their pairings.

*kicks self for feeding into twin cliche* Stupid cliche monsters. I feed them even when I don't want to.

MumblingSage

Inarticulate Herb
Registered
Reaction score
Ahhh :D. You can tell I'm still a suburban teen, I didn't think about that whole 'have' thing...

My mom has probably felt the same way--all I know if my sis and I are an only birth :D. Although since she had us late, or maybe she's just really hardy, she said the birth itself wans't any trouble. The pregnancy was awful, but I don't think that's our fault.

Or is it?

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
I'm praying with everything I have that Rolling Thunder, Haggis, and KTC answer "no" to this question...

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a fraternal twin, but my twin brother and I have very different personalities and interests.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com

not any more.

thanks for bringing on the hurt, robieiaeiaieiaei.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com

not any more.

thanks for continuing the hurt, battery.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
On my mother's side, my grandmother was a twin. One of her daughters had identical twin girls and another daughter had identical twin boys. And one of her daughter's daughters had non-identical twins--two girls.

On my father's side, my aunt and uncle are twins and my aunt had 2 sets of twins...neither set were identical--one was 2 boys and one was a boy and a girl.

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
Rob!! Cray!!

:Wha:

Are the two of you by any chance ...

:Huh:

Oh my God! You ARE, aren't you!!!!

:Jaw:

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
I'm praying with everything I have that Shadow Ferret, Cray, and Rob answer "no" to this question...

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
I'm not a twin, but they run in my family. I had great uncles who were twins and I have two cousins who are identical twins, but honestly the DNA is pretty much where the identical part stops. Kristen is a quiet, reserved teacher in Texas at the moment, and her sister Rachel is loud, funny, boisterous, Military Intelligence Captain in the Air Force currently stationed in Germany. Although they are *extremely* close and keep in touch at all times. They even had a period of 'twin speak' when they were 1 to 2 years old.

Wind Ann Wise

The Quiet One
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a twin, although it does run in my family. On my mom's side, my nanny has about 7 brothers and sisters and most of them are twins! (Huge extended family on my mom's side, tiny one on my dad's.)
A lot of my characters are twins, triplets, Quads, and I have one set of Quints. Never gone any higher than that.

T Robinson

Born long ago, in a different era
Registered
Reaction score
Zombie threads unite

Interesting, even if it is almost six years old. We have a few here that I suspect were separated at birth, but none have been outed.

Rotes

Crazy Opossum Lady
Registered
Reaction score
I know a triplet.
He doesn't write.
Come to think of it, neither do either of the others.
:D

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
I once read something (I think on Reddit) that was a sort of confessional from an identical twin. It struck as quite heartbreaking and also a great premise for a story.

The fellow and his brother were identical twins, but the fellow writing the confessional had apparently gotten a little more oxygen and nutrients in the womb. (That's not unexpected; a lot of pregnancies begin as twins and then one child is reabsorbed or squeezed out in terms of nutrients and space.) As a result, his whole life, he'd been a little stronger, a little faster, a little smarter than his twin.

And it was horrible for both of them. The fellow writing the confessional felt immense guilt and pain over something that wasn't his fault, and his brother clearly resented the hell out of him, which isn't surprising because can you imagine? Spending your whole life alongside someone who is just like you, except better?

I felt so bad for both of them. And I still think that could make one hell of a story.

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
Not in my family, but I know three pairs of twins and a set of triplets.

First twin set: Boys, different hairlines but still look similar, both into politics, one is a heck of a lot more chatty and the other one is a lot more quiet.

Second twin set: Girls, almost look identical but slightly different chins. At first glance it looks like they have all the same interests but it branches off into different directions like one is into more gore horror and the other one loves Japanese type creepy horror. The both have strong personalities, but it's like they take turns being the more aggressive one.

Third twin set: Boys, mirror identical, both quiet, the same style of clothes, and I never feel safe calling them by name because different hair cuts are the only way you can tell them apart. It was easy back in high school when one of them lost weight, but the other dieted the next year and it was back to 'I have no idea which one I'm talking to'.

The triplets: 2 boys, a girl, extremely different personalities, different hair colors, and they look nothing alike which is why it never dawned on me they were triplets until I found out their birthdays.