• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Lookin' For A Beta...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Body

Entertainment Ronin
Registered
Reaction score
I've essentially exhausted my usual beta, though he's been a rousing good sport about it over the years. ;) So, I'm looking to torture someone else. I have a completed MSS that I've already sent on the query trail, but the word count (155K) is probably killing me quicker than my desultory prose.

The product involves vampires, military containment teams, some occult, and that inveterate star location of darkness, sunny Los Angeles. (Alas, Paris Hilton does not make an appearance.) I'm not really looking for line editing at this point, but am certainly looking for someone who might be able to tell me what to hack out. And oh yeah, maybe clue me in if the story is worth reading.

I'll happily beta in reverse, obviously. I can be quick about it, schedule permitting.

Thanks in advance...

JenNV

Registered
Reaction score
I would be more than happy to tell you my opinion of your work as well as inform you as to what you might be able to 'hack out'. If you would like to have me take a read or exchange works, pm me. I have a completed work (98,000 words) that I am working to edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.