Another "HE GETS IT!" moment from Mr. TheThinker42...

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
So we're living in Japanistansylvania, thousands of miles away from the house we bought in Virginia that we hope we can sell sometime before Armageddon. In the meantime, we're renting it out. And of course...the boiler decides to crap out...to the tune of...well...money we don't have. The military won't help us out, the company won't take payments, the bank told us to piss off, and we're just hoping for a nice chunk of money from Uncle Sam to cover it. We will find a way to take care of it, it's just a source of stress at the moment.

The other day, as we were leaving the bank, I said, "Well, if need be, I could see about finding a job on base."

He immediately shook his head and said, "No, you have a job. You're writing."

I said, "But I'm not getting paid."

He said, "But if you keep at it, then maybe you will. We'll find a way to pay for this thing, but I'm not going to let your writing take a hit when it's going so well right now."

:D I think I'll keep him. :D

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Not if I steal him away.

In lieu of him flipping let him know that the entire writing community loves him.

"wonders how much booze it's going to take to kill that warm fuzzy feeling"

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Not if I steal him away.

In lieu of him flipping let him know that the entire writing community loves him.

"wonders how much booze it's going to take to kill that warm fuzzy feeling"

I don't think you're his type, sweetheart. He IS a sailor, but he prefers the ladyfolk.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
That truly is awesome. He's standing by you through thick and thin. A sure sign that he has faith in what you are doing! Yay!

Good luck working things out.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think you're his type, sweetheart. He IS a sailor, but he prefers the ladyfolk.
Sailor eh? The curse of the military is straight sailors....walking around in those uni's looking all good and whatnot.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
benjamin-bradley_ethan-reynolds-sailors-ginch.jpg

I'm not going to derail into a manprawn thing but THIS is what I think when I think sailor.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Sailor eh? The curse of the military is straight sailors....walking around in those uni's looking all good and whatnot.

No. The curse is straight MARINES. Well, for you anyway. Straight men in cammies. NOM NOM NOM.

benjamin-bradley_ethan-reynolds-sailors-ginch.jpg

I'm not going to derail into a manprawn thing but THIS is what I think when I think sailor.

I showed that to my husband, and he said he will SO pose like that when he gets his uniform back from the dry cleaners.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Don't you hate it, though, when life throws those little curve balls that make you do what neither of you wants you to do just to get by? Been there myself, I have. Ol' Boy didn't want me to go back to work, either... but I could tell he was relieved when I did. Took a tremendous amount of weight off his back, though he'd never admit it at the time.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Don't you hate it, though, when life throws those little curve balls that make you do what neither of you wants you to do just to get by? Been there myself, I have. Ol' Boy didn't want me to go back to work, either... but I could tell he was relieved when I did. Took a tremendous amount of weight off his back, though he'd never admit it at the time.

Oh, no doubt.

As it is, most of the available jobs here don't pay squat and don't offer many hours. At the end of the day, my take-home pay would be almost negligible. So as far as he's concerned, it makes more sense for me to stay home, keep writing, and see how that pans out.

Tonight, he said, "You've already gotten one book contracted. You need to stay home and work on the next one."

<3 <3 <3

Yep, I'll keep him.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe you should try your hand at some freelance writing gigs. Might be a good way to get some income rolling in while you wait for the moolah from your book.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
What a great guy. Every writer should be married to someone like that.

I rent him out on weekends if anyone wants a crack at him.

Maybe you should try your hand at some freelance writing gigs. Might be a good way to get some income rolling in while you wait for the moolah from your book.

Might not be a bad idea. :) Thanks!

Reaction score
Sounds marvellous! I'll hire him for a day to do chores and a night to do...other stuff.

Reaction score
Are bandages and a dazed expression, inability to speak, wondering where he is, etc...all acceptable?