PDA

View Full Version : Message from beyond?

Greenwolf103
03-11-2009, 10:13 AM
So I'm sitting here, drifting off to sleep. Then I started to think about my grandmother, who died 16 years ago. It could be 100 years; I still miss her. She was a wonderful Granny and survived so much. I can still remember what she looks like. I was heartbroken when she died. Anyway, I started feeling sad and missing her. So I'm waking up and opening my eyes, saying "I miss Grandma." I look at the screen and I see this avatar that says "Everything will be alright."

I wonder what that means....

Just a quick note: My grandmother has been known to "visit" in spirit a time or two and I have also seen her in my dreams.

DL Hegel
03-11-2009, 10:23 AM
So I'm sitting here, drifting off to sleep. Then I started to think about my grandmother, who died 16 years ago. It could be 100 years; I still miss her. She was a wonderful Granny and survived so much. I can still remember what she looks like. I was heartbroken when she died. Anyway, I started feeling sad and missing her. So I'm waking up and opening my eyes, saying "I miss Grandma." I look at the screen and I see this avatar that says "Everything will be alright."

Just a quick note: My grandmother has been known to "visit" in spirit a time or two and I have also seen her in my dreams.

That is really awesome. Yes, I think it's possible. I was very close to my Grams also. Some would say it's in your head. I believe in signs--that tell us where we are or where to next. Sometimes we have to figure out the question.

Where do signs come from? The ones who know aren't telling.

But if you believe---that's what counts:)

Greenwolf103
03-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Thank you. :) I believe in signs, too!

Wayne K
03-11-2009, 02:43 PM
My friend Herman used to have a funny laugh, it was like a leaky tire. When he died of AIDS it crushed me because I felt like I could have been a better friend while he was alive.
During an AIDS memorial I not only heard that laugh I felt it tickle my ear. I know people would think I imagined/made it up/went crazy but I don't care what they think. It was real.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Before my best friend died of lung cancer in 2001, I promised her I'd keep an eye on her two sons (aged 19 and 21 at the time) and help her husband get all the medical bills taken care of. Little did I know then that the boys would be fine and the hubby would be a major pain in the tookus. After several months of hair-tearing with him, I had a major rant/rave session wherein I blew off some steam and that night I dreamed of her. She joined me for lunch... I wasn't expecting her and I knew she was dead in the dream, but when she sat down at the table, I wasn't surprised. I immediately told her my problem with her husband and she laughed. To this day, I remember the exact words she said before she got up to go, "I couldn't straighten him out in over twenty years of marriage. What makes you think you can do anything with him now? Let it go."

Don't know how she did it... but she was 'there'. Yeah, I believe. ;)

HeronW
03-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Love never dies. Listen to your Granny, Greenwolf, she's still looking out for you.

DaddyCat
03-11-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm another 'sign' guy, I've had things like this happen all my life. Skeptics talk about coincidence, probabilities and pattern-matching, but I know the difference between skepticism and stubbornness. As Stanislaw Lem said, "There are no answers, only choices", and I choose to believe.

gypsyscarlett
03-11-2009, 06:23 PM

Nice story. Thanks for sharing. Same here. Both my grandmothers often come to me in dreams. And my nana's music box which I asked to have after her death, has started playing on its own a few times when I've been sad. And I don't mean a little note that might happen when you bump by it. I mean, no one near it, and it starts playing for over ten minutes.

I'm another 'sign' guy, I've had things like this happen all my life. Skeptics talk about coincidence, probabilities and pattern-matching, but I know the difference between skepticism and stubbornness. As Stanislaw Lem said, "There are no answers, only choices", and I choose to believe.

Here. Here. :)

Susie
03-11-2009, 06:29 PM
That's beautiful, Greenwolf, but sure sorry your Gram isn't here w. you. I believe in those incidents a lot. ((((((HUGS))))).

Leah J. Utas
03-11-2009, 06:37 PM
The moments of near-sleep are the best for receiving messages. I am sure this was your grandmother, and I am equally sure she's keeping watch over you.

Greenwolf103
03-13-2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks so much. These posts have been amazing to read. OFG, that dream is really interesting! To say the least...

Heron, your post brought tears to my eyes. I guess that is true. :)

Sorry I didn't respond to this again right away, I've been really sick. This is the first time I'm having enough lucidity to type and look at the screen without eyes burning. It's interesting I got sick like this right after that happened, but I know she must've been referring to some other things that have been going on.

I'm definitely a believer, too. :)

Joe270
03-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Green, I'm a fairly recent convert to believing in the supernatural. I had, with the exception of religious experiences good and bad, considered 'non-spiritual' contact fiction.

I have seen something recently which shakes that foundation to the core. I have a contact with something which I have some empathy for which is, apparently, lost. There is no sort of religious context whatsoever. I have had a wonderful outpouring of helpful input. I appreciate all of it. I'm handling the contact the best that I can right now. It's confusing and complicated.

Yours isn't. You have a contact which wants some personal touch, has a personal touch. Explore it, reach out to your grandmother. You already know how. You have nothing to fear. I suspect she wants you to know how proud she is of you and your life.

sadron
03-13-2009, 02:10 PM
She wants to tell you that all be alright. I kinda believe in signs too. Go for it!

Julie Worth
03-13-2009, 03:37 PM
"Everything will be alright."

This seems to be a common expression in the afterworld. I heard my father's voice saying this just hours after he died.

MumblingSage
03-13-2009, 08:51 PM
And something about "Everything will be all right" always strikes me as so true. Maybe it's my eternal optimism.

Love to your and your granny, Greenwolf.

Greenwolf103
03-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Thanks so much. :)

And, Joe, thank you. :) Actually, you don't know how close to the mark you are, re me and spiritual contact, esp. contact with my grandmother.

Cassiopeia
03-14-2009, 09:53 AM
I believe. :Hug2:

Mandy-Jane
03-14-2009, 12:34 PM
I believe very much in signs too. I'm sure you were meant to see that message. I hope it gives you comfort.