PDA

View Full Version : Castle

dragonjax
03-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Anyone watch the premiere?

Okay, for the record, I guffawed over the threat of him having to return his advance for not producing a manuscript yet. And three weeks for him to turn in a new bestseller? Hahahahahahaha! God, I love television.

It was silly. But it was enjoyable. Most of that was because Nathan F looked like he was having a blast.

Cyia
03-10-2009, 04:48 PM
I forgot to watch it :( I loved NF in Firefly and Drive, so I hope this show works out.

Susan Gable
03-10-2009, 05:12 PM
I loved it. :)

I told my husband that I want a launch party like Castle. Of course, I'm not a bestseller, and bestsellers do have fun launch parties, for real.

But I really, really enjoyed it. Nathan is terrific, and I think he makes the show. I loved that he wasn't portrayed as a "stupid" writer, but one that could actually give the cops a run for their money. (The back-and-forth scenes where he was coming up with the same ideas as the detectives, for example.)

I think Castle is a "real character," a charmer with some "soft bad buy" to him that will make this really fun to watch.

And I found the writers' poker game a TOTAL hoot. I was like, holy moly, that really IS Stephen Cannell at his poker game, and James Patterson, too. I didn't know who the woman was, though. I understand that there will be weekly writer guest stars. How cool is THAT? <G>

Susan G.

Shadow_Ferret
03-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Castle? Never heard of it. What's it about?

jst5150
03-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Too bad it's a midseason filler. DVR them while you can! ;)

Sheryl Nantus
03-10-2009, 05:53 PM
I loved it. :)

I told my husband that I want a launch party like Castle. Of course, I'm not a bestseller, and bestsellers do have fun launch parties, for real.

you just want all the handsome guys walking up, ripping their shirts open and demanding an autograph.

;)

I'm wondering where you get the bullet-proof vest with WRITER on it, myself.

be useful for those days out at Starbuck's, doncha know...

:D

katiemac
03-10-2009, 06:01 PM
I hate cop shows. A lot. But I recorded it because of Fillion, and I'll check it out later today.

ChaosTitan
03-11-2009, 03:32 AM
I loved this show. With so many new cop shows premiering this fall, I was glad to see one that isn't a procedural and that has a very light tone. A good mix of drama and humor. And yes, I think Nathan was having too much fun with this role.

katiemac
03-11-2009, 04:42 AM
A lot better than I expected it to be, although my expectations were really low. Probably not something I'll tune into every week, but I'm not angry I wasted my time--the writing twist kept it afloat for me. Also, yeah, Fillion is made of awesome sauce.

I'm glad he wasn't the know-it-all writer and they were the should-have-known-better cops, but it skimmed really close to that line.

03-11-2009, 05:19 AM
Corniest show ever.

Leah J. Utas
03-11-2009, 05:35 AM
I got a kick out of it. I'm a Fillion fan.

Zoombie
03-11-2009, 06:01 AM
Fillion makes almost everything he's a part of better, and I'm really glad to see him breaking into more and more TV shows and movies and so on.

So, yeah, go Nathan!

katiemac
03-11-2009, 06:06 AM
If this takes off, though, it means an extra scheduling conflict dampening my dreams of a Dr. Horrible reunion ...

Zoombie
03-11-2009, 06:20 AM
Unless...

Castle IS Captain Hammer!

PattiTheWicked
03-11-2009, 06:53 PM
I really enjoyed it. I love Fillion, and he was absolutely delightful to watch. I loved the scenes with his mom and his daughter, which were fantastic.

I was worried that the female cop lead would be annoying and whiny, because they typically are, when it comes to Wunza shows (wunza tough crime writer, wunza dedicated lady cop, blah blah blah). Fortunately, she was intelligent and not a harpy, so bonus points for that.

Captain Tight Pants, take me away.

BfloGal
03-15-2009, 06:47 AM
They replayed the premiere tonight, and I have to say I LOVED this show.

Great characters, great chemistry.

Satori1977
03-18-2009, 11:01 PM
I really enjoyed this. The reviews are pretty bad, but I am glad I don't usually listen to the review. It is a cop lite show (I love procedural drama's like CSI, Law and Order, NYPD Blue), but this was a nice change from all of that. The female cop (already forgot her name) was good, but Fillion was excellent. I love watching him in anything, I think he is a very underestimated actor. He can be silly, smart, serious, and downright scary (anyone who saw him in Buffy will know what I am talking about). He is the type of guy I would love to get a beer with, he just seems like so much fun. So many actors take acting so seriously, but he has fun with it, no matter what the project. And that comes through on screen.

Fenika
03-18-2009, 11:13 PM
I enjoyed it and hope it will pick up steam as the show goes on :)

DeleyanLee
03-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Caught it by accident the other night and stayed up WAY past my bedtime to see what Nathan's doing nowadays.

I have to admit that I'm rather delighted that it's taking a different tactic on the standard cop show. Nathan's having entirely too much fun (if that's possible) and I like the way that the answer wasn't as obvious to me as many of the cop shows are.

Hope it does well enough that it stays on for a while--or at least gets released on DVD.

Susan Gable
03-19-2009, 12:00 AM
OMG - He was the scary "preacher" guy from Buffy?? AAGGGGHHH! I'd blocked that from my memory.

That was some scary stuff.

Susan G.

TheRealFnShow
03-19-2009, 01:41 AM
Yeah, I LOVED Fillion as Caleb. Despite him poking Xander's eye out..

Anyhoo.

I watched, as I'm sure more than a few did, mainly because of Fillion (and a little bit of me liking some cop shows). I enjoyed it, some genuinely funny moments, and actually a fairly interesting twist on usual Cop shows.

Satori1977
03-19-2009, 04:53 AM
Yeah, I LOVED Fillion as Caleb. Despite him poking Xander's eye out..

Anyhoo.

I watched, as I'm sure more than a few did, mainly because of Fillion (and a little bit of me liking some cop shows). I enjoyed it, some genuinely funny moments, and actually a fairly interesting twist on usual Cop shows.

When I first realized Fillion was Caleb, I was shocked. I had never seen him play a character like that. I actually had a nightmare about him after the "poking Xander's eye out" ep (eye stuff really creeps me out). But he was excellent as a villian. Course, I love him in this show more, because I like when he puts on the charm. I bet that man could charm his way out of anything.

trickywoo
03-27-2009, 10:18 PM
I just watched the first three episodes online last night. I liked it - witty dialogue, snappy pace, nice twists, and all neatly resolved in one hour.

I DID laugh at the glamorous book launch party. Since that's what a writer's life is like.

Fenika
10-21-2009, 06:04 AM
No bump for the fall? I just watched 2.02 online and enjoyed it. The main plot arc wasn't anything new but it was cute and well played.

If only we could all have it so good with the book releases and offers ;)

DavidZahir
10-21-2009, 10:56 AM
The book, funnily enough, is real. You can get it at either Borders or Barnes & Noble. Yesterday Fillon was at a book-signing. I know because I was there.

Misa Buckley
10-21-2009, 11:47 AM
I know, because I saw the Twitter pics - both Nathan and "Richard" have Twitter accounts. This amuses me greatly (they haven't started talking to one another yet, but it's only a matter of time).

Castle is the only TV show I'm really watching at the moment. I started watching FlashForward but it's boring me to death. Castle is uncomplicated and funny and imo the best thing on TV since they cancelled SGA.

ChaosTitan
10-21-2009, 05:46 PM
The series has been picked up for a full second season! Yay! :D

Zoombie
10-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Okay, I am in love

Firstly: Balance. They make Castle necessary and smart without making the cops pants-on-head retarded. Becket is stern without being bitchy (which a lot of authors do to strong female characters) and the show is the right mix of humor and serious.

Secondly: Its not a Procedural clone! God, I'm sick of those. Its nice to see crimes being solved through detection, ya know, like how they used to be.

Thirdly: Castle. Nathan is fucking awesome, and the character actually acts like a writer when he is actually writing. He's prolly the best characterized writer since Stranger Than Fiction, and that's like...really absurdly high praise for me.

Also, I love his Mom and his daughter, they totally are what keep his character human. Well, that and the fact that Nathan Fillian can *act*.

Kitty Pryde
10-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Agree! The daughter is so sweet and lovely. I can't wait to see what kind of roles she'll go on to after Castle.

This second season has been awesome because we've seen Beckett loosen up a little bit while still being a raging badass (playing sexy russian girlfriend so she can save Castle, getting caught reading "Heat Wave" in the bathroom at work, busting the guys over their bet and then demanding she be in on it too). It makes her more rounded/human and I'm loving her way more.

Okay, I am in love

Firstly: Balance. They make Castle necessary and smart without making the cops pants-on-head retarded. Becket is stern without being bitchy (which a lot of authors do to strong female characters) and the show is the right mix of humor and serious.

Secondly: Its not a Procedural clone! God, I'm sick of those. Its nice to see crimes being solved through detection, ya know, like how they used to be.

Thirdly: Castle. Nathan is fucking awesome, and the character actually acts like a writer when he is actually writing. He's prolly the best characterized writer since Stranger Than Fiction, and that's like...really absurdly high praise for me.

Also, I love his Mom and his daughter, they totally are what keep his character human. Well, that and the fact that Nathan Fillian can *act*.

Parametric
10-21-2009, 08:43 PM

This. Castle and Bones are pretty similar shows in some ways, but Castle is way ahead on its depiction of a writer protagonist. The character Bones is socially stunted, culturally illiterate ("I don't know what that means") and unable to understand basic concepts like irony and sarcasm. The character Castle is articulate, observant and emotionally intelligent, goes off on crazy what-if tangents, ties together everything he sees into plausible scenarios, etc.

(I'm also not sure why it's necessary for Bones to be smoking hot, a star anthropologist, an expert martial artist and a mega bestselling writer whose publisher buys her cars.)

Zoombie
10-21-2009, 08:47 PM
I never got into bones.

Misa Buckley
10-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Watched the first few minutes of Monday night's episode (I have to wait since getting hubby addicted, lol) and I loved Kate and the guys tweaking Rick over the body.

The only thing bugging me is that they seemed to have dropped the fallout from his interferring in her mother's case. He still needs to be "on probation" imo. I know he meant well, but that was a very private thing for Kate and I think she's letting him off too easily.

RoseColoredSkies
10-21-2009, 10:49 PM
I loved this week's episode. I don't know if it was intended but there was definitely a Dr. Horrible "death ray" moment. And it appears next week Rick is dressing up as Mal for Halloween which is freaking amazing and I hope Nathan had some say.

And yay for getting the back 9!

caromora
10-22-2009, 12:50 AM
Just started watching Castle on Hulu and am totally in love with it. There are a lot of sneaky little Firefly references in there. :)

Cranky
10-22-2009, 01:00 AM
Watched the first few minutes of Monday night's episode (I have to wait since getting hubby addicted, lol) and I loved Kate and the guys tweaking Rick over the body.

The only thing bugging me is that they seemed to have dropped the fallout from his interferring in her mother's case. He still needs to be "on probation" imo. I know he meant well, but that was a very private thing for Kate and I think she's letting him off too easily.

Watched with the hubby, and we were both wondering if they are going to pick up the thread of her mother's case again or not. I'll be more than a tad aggravated if they don't.

Otherwise, loving season 2! Everyone gets great lines, not just the leads, and it's a genuine pleasure to watch them interact.

Zoombie
10-22-2009, 03:19 AM
No, I don't think they're dropping it. This isn't Lost or anything.

(burn Lost, burrrn)

RoseColoredSkies
10-24-2009, 07:53 AM
So I saw a sneak peek clip for Monday's ep on the ABC website and there is totally a Buffy reference while Rick is walking around as a living, breathing Firefly reference. I can't wait! Now if only they could work in a Dollhouse reference they would have pretty much covered all the shows (minus Angel...but hey I'm sure they could find some tal, dark, foreheaded guy).

Misa Buckley
10-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Oh, is that one this week? Sweetness!

It's so funny to watch the episodes after reading Nathan's Twitter for the past couple of months. The "feed the bird" that Rick and Esposito did utterly cracked me up :D

Elaine Margarett
10-24-2009, 04:20 PM
I caught one of the shows, don't know which one. Sorry, but I just didn't buy the premise of a writer being paired with a police officer and participating in the investigation like he does.

It just didn't ring true to me and I couldn't suspend my critical eye long enough to get into it.
I do see why everyone likes the male lead, but the writing/plotting was too implausible fpr me.

RoseColoredSkies
10-24-2009, 07:11 PM
It's not everyone's cup of tea. My friend Jen loves Nathan but isn't much of a crime show person so..she doesn't watch. Though with the abundance of Whedon references this coming week I think I've convinced her to watch.

Zoombie
10-24-2009, 08:07 PM
I am just so glad its not another procedural and they solve their problems through, you know, DETECTING and using their analytical and confession getting abilities.

RoseColoredSkies
10-27-2009, 07:14 AM
BEST EPISODE of the series! Would have liked Castle to stay in costume the whole time but we got 3 Whedon references so yay. And I loved him being the responsible parent.

Sheryl Nantus
10-27-2009, 05:54 PM
BEST EPISODE of the series! Would have liked Castle to stay in costume the whole time but we got 3 Whedon references so yay. And I loved him being the responsible parent.

so true - one of the reasons why my hubby and I love the show is that the girl is REALISTIC and the problems between dad, grandmother and daughter are REAL. She's got a good relationship with her father and that's rare as hen's teeth these days, when every teenager seems to have superpowers, a Deep Dark Secret or parents who just Don't Understand life.

and darn it... Firefly references!

:D

Alpha Echo
10-27-2009, 06:02 PM
When does it come on? I may have to watch it on the computer b/c I haven't seen any of the second season. But I love this show too! I thought it's pretty unique, and I love the characters. All of them, actually.

RoseColoredSkies
10-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Alpha Echo (Dollhouse fan I presume?): Castle is on Monday nights at 10pm on ABC. I'm not 100% sure but I think most of the second season is up on Hulu. You can also check the ABC website (their page on Castle) and they should have the episodes up as well. Also, pretty sure they have it on itunes too.

I wish he'd stayed dressed as Mal the whole episode. That would have been great.

Alpha Echo
10-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Thanks, Rose! Hulu - that's what I was trying to think of that probably has it. There are a couple shows I have to catch up on actually now that I think about it. Man, I wish I weren't here at work!

Sage
10-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Last night's ep is definitely on Hulu 'cuz I showed the beginning to my roommate this morning.

In fact when I first got on Hulu, it was the one they were featuring.

ChaosTitan
10-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Thank God for Hulu. I missed the first 15 minutes of the ep last night. The "space cowboy" bit was priceless! :D

Parametric
10-27-2009, 08:44 PM
The opening sequence is beautiful. "Didn't you wear that, like, five years ago?" "But I like it." So did we. :LilLove:

Sage
10-27-2009, 08:52 PM
I was counting back, and wasn't Serenity out in 2005? 2004 seems too early for me to be a Browncoat and wait what seemed like a long time for the movie (I moved in 2004 and began watching the DVDs with my roomie that year, didn't become a fan until after a convention in May though). Maybe it was 5 years for Nathan, though, filming-wise.

som1luvsmi
10-27-2009, 08:52 PM
omg!!!

Totally agree about last night's episode. We actually rewound the first few minutes just to see Malc again!

I love Nathan Fillion so much!

BEST EPISODE EVAH!!!!!:D

RoseColoredSkies
10-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Actually, Firefly was on the air in 2002 and Serenity came out in 2005. So it's possible he could have actually been Mal in 2004.

Zoombie
10-28-2009, 12:40 AM
I'm actually watching this episode right now, and speaking as someone who's seen how crime shows handle alternative life styles, I was actually kinda nervous. Cause bad writing and ignorant writing can make a show like this kinda hard to watch.

But thusfar, Castle has been handling this kind of stuff better than <bleck> NCIS. God, their episode about gamers just made me want to throw up.

Leah J. Utas
10-28-2009, 11:28 PM
Ah, a few moments with Captain Mal. Brilliant. Nice bit of "Firefly" music, too. I hope I didn't just imagine that.

Misa Buckley
10-28-2009, 11:37 PM
Loved the Space Cowboy bit.

RoseColoredSkies
11-03-2009, 10:14 PM
If you look real close when he comes out of the room, gun out, the catilizer from "out of Gas" is sitting on the shelf. He apparently stole it (silly Nathan).

But I wanted to say that last night's episode was really good. And I just love Nathan as a Dad. I was teling a friend I bet he'd make a great dad in real life (and make beautiful babies with Morena (Inara) but that's just me being a Mal/Inara shipper).

caromora
11-04-2009, 01:18 AM
Last night's episode WAS really good--very powerful, with some great acting from Nathan especially. This is quickly becoming my favorite show on TV.

Parametric
11-04-2009, 01:29 AM
When I commented that I called the villain in this week's Castle episode in advance, my brother pointed out that nearly every single Castle episode this season has had the same villain.

SPOILERS UP TO AND INCLUDING TODAY'S EPISODE!

It seems like whenever there's a couple in the show, one of them (usually the husband) is guilty.
This week's episode - the husband of the producer couple did it.
Model episode - victim's husband did it.
Comic book episode - husband's second wife did it.
Baby switching episode - doctor husband did it.
Strangers on a train episode - the husbands in both couples did it.I no longer feel quite so smart for spotting the villain early on. :tongue

RoseColoredSkies
01-29-2010, 04:37 AM
Just wanted to report that Castle has been given an additional 2 ep order for this season, bringing the episode total to 24. How awesome!

Parametric
01-29-2010, 04:47 AM
Yes! :D This show is so much fun.

RoseColoredSkies
01-29-2010, 04:50 AM
Though I'm surprised Nathan hasn't tweeted about it! He's usually on top of this stuff.

Kitty Pryde
01-29-2010, 07:52 AM
Woohoo! I had thought this week's episode (most eligible bachelor) was the season finale. And I was all like NOOOOOOOO!

vfury
01-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Yay! More episodes can only be a good thing!

RoseColoredSkies
01-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Hopefully it also means a season 3 pick up.

jruby
01-30-2010, 09:09 PM
According to E! Online (http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b161697_abc_boss_talks_comedy_pickups.html?sid=twi tterfeed_kristin&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_kristin), Castle getting a third season looks good - which I'm so happy about, I love that show!

RoseColoredSkies
01-30-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm sure that as long as Castle's number stay consistent (or you know....go up) we'll be garuanteed a third season. Plus they're rumored to launch another Nikki Heat book in September.

To be honest though, I read Heat Wave and wasn't all that impressed with it.

jruby
02-02-2010, 07:06 AM
To be honest though, I read Heat Wave and wasn't all that impressed with it.

I was so excited for that book, because I thought it was such a clever gimmick and it just sounded like some good ol' fun. I've just started it and I'm not impressed, either, so far. I take it it doesn't get better as it goes?

Kitty Pryde
02-02-2010, 08:21 AM
I really enjoyed reading Heat Wave. I thought it was well written, and it works on two levels (on one level it's basically fanfic of the show, with the names of the characters changed, and on another level it's got all of Rick Castle's own conceits about the characters that are based on him and Beckett added in, which is funny). It's not profound or anything, but it is good fun.

Snapz
02-04-2010, 03:50 AM
I've nearly finished season 1 and have to say that I'm really enjoying Castle. Nathan Fillion is awesome as Castle, and the supporting cast is great. And the chemistry between Beckett and Castle is pretty awesome too...

Only problem with the show is its formula is getting rather repetitive. Like the twists and stuff...

But the comedy is smart and witty which = WIN!

This has become one of my fav TV Shows as of late, and I hope there's another season.

maxmordon
02-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Last night AXN premiered Castle for Latin America, so I decided to watch it and I am totally wanting more now.

It mixes two of my favorite things: detective shows and being a writer!

RoseColoredSkies
02-04-2010, 11:18 PM
That's exactly the reason I love the show too (well and Nathan Fillion's gorgeousness).

Welcome to the Castle fam!

maxmordon
02-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Thanks!

Speaking of Nathan Fillion, I always felt Fox Latin America to be the Bizarro Universe Fox since they showed Firefly in complete order for almost two years (since it was one of their most watched shows) and the same thing with Wonderfalls and Titus while they don't broadcast Family Guy nor American Dad. Just a funny tidbit I believe you will appreciate.

jruby
02-07-2010, 07:26 AM
I really enjoyed reading Heat Wave. I thought it was well written, and it works on two levels (on one level it's basically fanfic of the show, with the names of the characters changed, and on another level it's got all of Rick Castle's own conceits about the characters that are based on him and Beckett added in, which is funny). It's not profound or anything, but it is good fun.

Good to know. I'll give the book a second shot then, and see if I like it better when I'm further in.

MaryMumsy
02-09-2010, 09:13 AM
After watching tonight's episode, does any one remember what the story on Castle's dad is? If you don't want to post spoilers, PM me.

MM

RoseColoredSkies
02-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Basically, Martha (Castle's mom) doesn't remember who she slept with that got her pregnant. That's really about it, so she raised him on her own (with the help of other actresses on the sets of her various roles).

Parametric
02-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Actually, I got the impression that Martha does know who it was, but never got his name. I'm pretty sure that's what Castle said - he told the story of the girl that he met and fell in love with in a single night, but then by morning she'd gone and he couldn't find her because he didn't know her surname? And he drew a parallel between his mystery girl and his mother's mystery man.

TC Beacham
03-08-2010, 09:59 PM
New episode tonight! :)

RoseColoredSkies
03-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Finally! Though I checked my TV Guide and it's not a new episode next week. How lame is that? Though we got 24 eps this season they're probably trying to spread it out a bit.

K. Taylor
03-31-2010, 01:49 AM
"Have you heard? CASTLE has a third season pick up! Cheers to you all for making it happen," Nathan Fillion tweeted (http://twitter.com/nathanfillion) after learning the good news. And costar Jon Huertas echoed (http://twitter.com/Jon_Huertas) the sentiments, writing, "Full 22 eps! Congrats to fellow cast and crew..."

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b174159_long_sos_castle_renewed_third_season.html# ixzz0jhcj6dfz

vfury
03-31-2010, 01:51 AM
I just saw Nathan's tweet. YAY!

RoseColoredSkies
03-31-2010, 01:57 AM
Gotta love it! So happy for Nathan & Co. I can't believe it had 14.5 million viewers last night. That's amazing. That's like NCIS: LA territory!

Leah J. Utas
03-31-2010, 02:10 AM
Yay! I love the show.

Smileycat
03-31-2010, 02:18 AM
Well, I only saw this show a couple of times, but I have to say I admire Nathan Fillion's acting quite a bit, ever since Buffy. He also seems to be a nice guy (Bonnie Hunt Show).

Plus, he's a handsome man.

dragonjax
09-28-2010, 07:40 AM
Bump!

Okay, who's watching CASTLE season 3? I'm loving it...and I'm also positive that Stana Katic is pregnant. Proof, you ask?

1. The peasant/loose blouses. Beckett never wore anything like this in previous seasons.

2. The stilettos. Seriously, now. Stilettos? I'm positive this is to draw more attention to her legs...and away from her torso.

Yes, I know. I have too much time on my hands. Or a weird fascination with pregnant actresses and how the shows handle the pregnancies. Maybe I'm wrong. But I think in the weeks to come, we'll be seeing lots more coffee pots/bags/other things that Beckett will carry. Bets on whether a storyline will force her at a desk job?

Grrarrgh
09-29-2010, 05:49 AM
I just watched this week's episode and I think you're right, dragonjax. There's almost no way she's not pregnant. All of the big blouses and sweaters are definitely a giveaway, and I swear I saw her resting her arms on her stomach a few times. There was also one shot of her standing in a doorway and it was very clear. I checked around the internet, and I saw a lot of other people making the same comments, but it wasn't confirmed anywhere, so if she is pregnant, I don't think she's announced it yet.

She's still completely gorgeous, though. If she is pregnant, she's obviously one of those women who only gains weight in the abdominal area, because you can't tell anywhere else.

dragonjax
09-29-2010, 07:06 AM
She's still completely gorgeous, though. If she is pregnant, she's obviously one of those women who only gains weight in the abdominal area, because you can't tell anywhere else.

Agreed!

Penguin
09-29-2010, 07:16 AM
Last week, the second I saw Stana, I said to my sister, "She is so pregnant!" I did google searches to confirm but found nothing. Then, last night, I saw her rest her hand on her stomach and saw the bump. In the next scene, she wore a little see-through shirt and I saw her stomach.

I knew something was up because of the loose blouses. So glad I'm not the only one who's crazy :D.

I love Castle.

AlishaS
09-29-2010, 09:15 AM
I am super addicted to Castle. Now of course I have a soft spot for NF because he's from Alberta, Canada (though I do cringe a little at the fact he's an Edmontonian lol) I started watching it here and there last season and then found myself watching the entire first and second season online because I needed to catch up for last weeks premier.

Leah J. Utas
09-29-2010, 05:16 PM
I was pretty sure after seeing the loose blouse. I'll wait for confirmation, though. But assuming we're right it'll be interesting watching how it's hidden. Or if it's hidden.

RoseColoredSkies
09-29-2010, 05:54 PM
She could have also just gained some weight between seasons. It happens. I'll wait for confirmation before assuming.

As for the show, I'm waiting for Victor Webster's appearance as Beckett's new biker boyfriend. I'm sorry but he doesn't look like a biker at all! He looks like a Cupid (sorry but I first got to know him on season 8 of Charmed).

dragonjax
09-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Then, last night, I saw her rest her hand on her stomach and saw the bump.

I didn't see the bump per se, but the resting her hand on the top of her belly is such a pregnant-woman tell! (Speaking from experience, anyway. I always did that when I was pregnant, even before I was super big.)

Assuming we're right...I'm really looking forward to seeing whether they incorporate the pregnancy into the storyline (a la SILK STALKINGS -- remember that show?) or just try to mask it (a la SEX IN THE CITY and countless others).

Zoombie
09-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Wheeeeeeeeeeeee, new Castle episooooodes!

I love mysteries! Mostly in sci-fi format (i mean, really, most Doctor Who episodes really are just mysteries with a sci-fi whatsit in the center of it) but I also love Castle because it is not a procedural show, which always struck me as taking a single part of a huge, involved process and then making it seem like the whole process.

TO HULU!

AlishaS
09-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Curious if anyone has picked up Heat Wave and Naked Heat the books by Richard Castle (ghostwritten) They are in stores apparently. I've heard they are a great read. I'm mostly intrigued by the idea of having the books ghost-written and released.

Kitty Pryde
09-29-2010, 10:42 PM
I read Heat Wave. Waiting on Naked Heat at the library. I have to say I enjoyed it a lot. It's nothing too profound, but it's a fun read. It works on two layers--one layer is the story itself, sort of a slightly altered version of Castle and Beckett (Rook and Nikki Heat) which is almost like fanfic. Then the second layer is that the book is supposed to be written BY Castle as his fantasy version of the Castle/Beckett relationship. So when they hook up, it's like ooo they hooked up! But it's also funny because it's Castle's version of how he wishes events would go, and a lot of self-aggrandizement. If that makes sense.

Zoombie
09-29-2010, 11:36 PM
That sounds awesome, actually.

Penguin
09-30-2010, 12:02 AM
I read Heat Wave. Waiting on Naked Heat at the library. I have to say I enjoyed it a lot. It's nothing too profound, but it's a fun read. It works on two layers--one layer is the story itself, sort of a slightly altered version of Castle and Beckett (Rook and Nikki Heat) which is almost like fanfic. Then the second layer is that the book is supposed to be written BY Castle as his fantasy version of the Castle/Beckett relationship. So when they hook up, it's like ooo they hooked up! But it's also funny because it's Castle's version of how he wishes events would go, and a lot of self-aggrandizement. If that makes sense.

I really want to read them, but my library put out an order for Heat Wave back in June and hasn't received the copies yet. Naked Heat was ordered in July. I'm not sure if it's worth buying them.

AlishaS
09-30-2010, 12:18 AM
That does sound interesting! I think I might have to take a trip to the bookstore...

RoseColoredSkies
09-30-2010, 04:59 PM
This just posted on Ask Ausiello:

Question: Is Stana Katic pregnant? Don’t get me wrong, she is as stunning as ever; her wardrobe choices on Castle, on the other hand, are suspicious. — Peter
Ausiello: She is not pregnant. In related news, the puffy blouse Katic was wearing in Monday’s episode released the following statement exclusively to Ask Ausiello: “My bad.”

Just thought I'd clear up the questions. Carry on.

Parametric
09-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Stana Katic may well be the most stunningly beautiful woman in the world. Mmmmm.

Misa Buckley
09-30-2010, 05:32 PM
According to the producer, they have a new wardrobe person who is "experimenting" with Beckett's look.

I think what's happening is that since Demming (and Castle walking out with his ex) that Beckett wants to be more feminine. Maybe to compete with Gina, maybe not. The looser clothes also suggest she's mellowing a little and no longer needs to be so prim and proper and in control.

It's like Alexis' clothes are much more grown up this season, charting her shift into adulthood. It's visual character development ;)

dragonjax
09-30-2010, 06:18 PM
According to the producer, they have a new wardrobe person who is "experimenting" with Beckett's look.

That's cool. But she really should lose the stilettos, because that's just crazy. Or she should keep a pair of sneakers with her at all times, in case she needs to walk around or, God forbid, run.

Zoombie
09-30-2010, 09:06 PM
I'd love to see a day where we see a movie character in a shoe with velcro. Because, frankly, velcro shoes are the best kind ever. They're easier to take on and off, they stay together better, and bad guys can't tie the strings together to trip you up.

dragonjax
10-05-2010, 07:11 AM
Two things:

1. I don't care what's being reported: If Stana Katic is not pregnant, she's faking it really, really well.

2. Why did Beckett get a lobotomy before this episode? That's the only explanation why she was so...mindless. Since when does Castle determine when interrogations are done? Or take such an active role in interrogations? Why was it Castle who kept asking the pertinent questions, and Beckett throwing him "Hmmm" looks? Maybe running in high heels is messing with her blood flow.

Or maybe it's all the hormones from the pregnancy. ;)

Really hated tonight's episode.

Next week...steampunk? Really? My.

Penguin
10-05-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm really confused now. I was so sure Stana is pregnant. Now all of the sudden her stomach is flat and she's chasing criminals? Maybe this episode was shot beforehand?

robeiae
10-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Stana Katic may well be the most stunningly beautiful woman in the world. Mmmmm.
Yeah. Poor Nathan, having to go from Morena Baccarin to Katic as a love interest. My heart bleeds for him...

veinglory
10-05-2010, 08:52 PM
This episode did suck, and the next one doesn't look too promising either.

dragonjax
10-05-2010, 11:07 PM
This episode did suck, and the next one doesn't look too promising either.

I hope this won't be a downward spiral leading toward November sweeps. Come on, Castle! Better episodes, please!

aruna
10-10-2010, 10:27 AM
I've watched 2 random episodes here in the UK -- I didn't read this thread because of spoilers. Can someone explain to s newbie the premise -- why is a novelist called to crime scenes? Is he something else besides a writer?

dragonjax
10-11-2010, 05:05 AM
I've watched 2 random episodes here in the UK -- I didn't read this thread because of spoilers. Can someone explain to s newbie the premise -- why is a novelist called to crime scenes? Is he something else besides a writer?

Stolen from Wikipedia:

Castle follows Nathan Fillion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Fillion) as Richard Castle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Castle), a famous mystery novelist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_%28fiction%29) who has killed off his main character in his book series and has writer's block (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Writer%27s_block). He is called in to help the NYPD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NYPD) solve a copy-cat murder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copycat_crimes) based on one of his novels. Stana Katic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stana_Katic) co-stars as Detective Kate Beckett (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Beckett). Castle, who becomes interested in Beckett as a potential character for a new book series, uses his connections at the mayor's office and receives permission to continue accompanying Beckett while investigating cases. Castle decides to use Beckett as the model for the main character of his next book series starring "Nikki Heat". Beckett, an avid reader of Castle's books, initially disapproves of having Castle shadow her on her cases, but later warms up and recognizes Castle as a useful resource in solving crimes. Castle is a blend of drama, comedy, and romantic tension.

aruna
10-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Duh! Google is really my friend. Thanks for doing my work for me!

DavidZahir
10-12-2010, 02:30 AM
The episode tonight is about STEAMPUNK!!!!

dragonjax
10-12-2010, 04:28 AM
Yep. I'm guessing this counts as the Halloween episode.

Sheryl Nantus
10-12-2010, 04:44 AM
Is he something else besides a writer?

Ruggedly handsome?

*ducks*

:tongue

dragonjax
10-12-2010, 04:52 AM
Ruggedly handsome?

*ducks*

:ROFL:

veinglory
10-12-2010, 04:55 AM
They do also say in the intro that he gets away with this because he is a good friend of the Mayor...

JohnnyGottaKeyboard
10-12-2010, 05:10 AM
Nathan Fillion is many things (one of my favorite actors being a thing), but under no circumstances would I describe him as ruggedly handsome. I always thought that was supposed to be sarcasm. I have many examples of ruggedly handsome. Nathan is comfortably handsome...

robeiae
10-12-2010, 05:13 AM
Ruggedly handsome?

*ducks*

:ROFL:He really is, isn't he?

Reminds me of someone I know...

dragonjax
10-12-2010, 07:14 AM
I'm gonna say it again: Pregnant.

I should start keeping track of how many things Beckett holds conveniently near her abdomen each episode. It would make a neat drinking game. Beckett's coat is draped over her arm! One shot! Beckett is holding a clipboard! Two shots! Beckett's blousy/tailored shirt with convenient ruffles is not covered! No shots! A police barricade covers where a bump would be! Five shots!

(My God, of all the things I'm picking to obsess over, why this?)

BeatrixKiddo
10-12-2010, 07:28 AM
I check out Castle occasionally, mostly because I was such a huge Firefly fan and Nathan Fillion is quite easy on the eyes.

I don't care for the actress who plays his partner though. She's too stiff with her lines and her body language. I can't seem to warm up to her. I like the idea behind the show though. Something a little more unique among the usual crime shows these days.

They pull shows so quickly now, barely giving them time to grow an audience before being canceled.

GeorgeK
10-12-2010, 06:48 PM
The episode tonight is about STEAMPUNK!!!!

..., and really horrid research regarding flintlocks.

Sheryl Nantus
10-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Nathan Fillion is many things (one of my favorite actors being a thing), but under no circumstances would I describe him as ruggedly handsome. I always thought that was supposed to be sarcasm. I have many examples of ruggedly handsome. Nathan is comfortably handsome...

handsome enough for me...

:e2thud:

and loved the steampunk arm brace!

almost as good as the cover on me own book...

;)

Kitty Pryde
10-13-2010, 08:02 PM
The steampunk stuff was awesome. Only, why did they have to start whining at the end about how they only did stupid stuff because they were losery dorks trying to impress a girl? They are awesome steampunk dandies hanging around an awesome steampunk club full of hot ladies! Why do they have to be losers just because they are smart with nerdy tendencies? Sigh!

The Grump
10-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Whatever. I liked the steampunk episode better than the first.

I've always thought Katic's stiffness was part of the characterization in contrast with smart-but-doofus Castle [who I think is nice looking in an Irish sort of way *shrug*].

JohnnyGottaKeyboard
10-14-2010, 02:19 AM
The steampunk stuff was awesome. Only, why did they have to start whining at the end about how they only did stupid stuff because they were losery dorks trying to impress a girl? They are awesome steampunk dandies hanging around an awesome steampunk club full of hot ladies! Why do they have to be losers just because they are smart with nerdy tendencies? Sigh!

I like the subtle misogyny of the way all the women at the steampunk club couldn’t possible have been interested in the men. Because the women weren’t there of their own free will? Were they all paid escorts, hired to populate the club?

BeatrixKiddo
10-16-2010, 08:20 AM
Shoot, I missed a steampunk themed episode?

Thank god for DSL. I am so there!

K. Taylor
11-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Stana was at the AMA's tonight looking wow: http://www.eonline.com/photos/gallery.jsp?galleryUUID=2646#101813

K. Taylor
01-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Two new Jan. eps, then next week is a repeat of the Triple Killer. I've had to catch up online cuz my ABC station is hit and miss since the 1st.

It was announced yesterday that Castle already has renewal for next season.

RoseColoredSkies
01-11-2011, 04:47 PM
I thought last night's episode was really fun. And I think in 2 weeks we get a new episode relating to Beckett's mother's murder.

Cyia
01-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Yeah. Poor Nathan, having to go from Morena Baccarin to Katic as a love interest. My heart bleeds for him...

With all the inside bits they've snuck into the show from Firefly, I'd love to see an episode where the crew from Firefly showed up as people in a case. They'd be the "real world" equivalents of the people they played on FF and he'd keep looking at them like he thought he knew them from somewhere.

I know most people would consider that a "jump the shark" moment, but the groundwork of giving FF fans a nudge-wink is already there and I think it would be one of those blatant sweeps-week kind of set-ups that could work with a decent writer.

Morena Baccarin could play a high end hooker.
Jewel Staite could play a mechanic.
Sean Maher could be a surgeon.
Ron Glass a priest or minister or monk
Adam Baldwin a guy who runs a shooting range
Alan Tudyk a pilot
Summer Glau the not quite stable genius / person being chased
And Gina Torres would have to be an old friend of Castle's that he'd do anything to help.

RoseColoredSkies
01-13-2011, 05:11 PM
It would be great but Summer's busy with The Cape and Morena is busy with V. I suppose they could try and work it somehow, though. Personally I think it'd be hilarious to get James Marsters on Castle. or even David Boreanaz (of course asusmin he could get away from Bones filming for long enough). And we already had a semi-Buffy reunion when Marc Blucas was on the show. And I didn't even punch my TV while he was on screen!

K. Taylor
01-13-2011, 07:16 PM
James is on Nathan's list of people to get on the show.

"I have a list of people I want to see on Castle. Hang on, I'll pull that up..." [Editor's note: Nathan did in fact pull out his iPhone and proceed to read off the following.] "Alright, here we go. People to have on Castle: Kevin Sorbo, Sarah Paulson, Lyndsy Fonseca, James Marsters, Bo Derek, William Shat, Kyle MacLachlan, he's on my list, Michael Hitchcock, James Denton, Mircea Monroe, Alexis Denisof, Alan Tudyk, Ron Glass, I have the whole cast of Firefly here, Dylan Baker, Jaclyn Smith...these are just some of the people. The list grows longer all the time."
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b198567_nathan_fillions_love_letter_almost_all.htm l#ixzz0yQl5qQux

Zoombie
01-13-2011, 09:33 PM
With all the inside bits they've snuck into the show from Firefly, I'd love to see an episode where the crew from Firefly showed up as people in a case. They'd be the "real world" equivalents of the people they played on FF and he'd keep looking at them like he thought he knew them from somewhere.

I know most people would consider that a "jump the shark" moment, but the groundwork of giving FF fans a nudge-wink is already there and I think it would be one of those blatant sweeps-week kind of set-ups that could work with a decent writer.

Alan Tudyk a pilot
And Gina Torres would have to be an old friend of Castle's that he'd do anything to help.

YOU ARE A GENIUS!

I would pay ONE GAZILLION DOLLARS to see this episode!

Thump
01-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Seconded! X-D

I want to see a Firefly episode of Castle!

Stormhawk
01-14-2011, 12:40 AM
Closest thing there's been to a Firefly reunion (other than...one of the Halo games, I think) is when Summer Glau appeared on Chuck, where Adam Baldwin is a regular. Obligatory "crew" reference was made, and was awesome. ^_^

dragonjax
01-14-2011, 05:07 AM
And we already had a semi-Buffy reunion when Marc Blucas was on the show. And I didn't even punch my TV while he was on screen!

:Jaw:
How did I miss that??? I saw the ep, but completely missed that was Marc Blucas. Dang it!

dragonjax
01-14-2011, 05:08 AM
YOU ARE A GENIUS!

I would pay ONE GAZILLION DOLLARS to see this episode!

[QUOTE=Seconded! X-D[/QUOTE]

Thirded!!!

vfury
01-14-2011, 05:11 AM

Alan Tudyk a pilot

This would be amazing! I really think they could pull it off.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard
01-14-2011, 05:26 AM
With all the inside bits they've snuck into the show from Firefly, I'd love to see an episode where the crew from Firefly showed up as people in a case.

Alan Tudyk a pilot
We should totally start a Facebook campaign! Hey it got Betty White and Cookie Monster on SNL!

dragonjax
01-14-2011, 09:48 PM
We should totally start a Facebook campaign! Hey it got Betty White and Cookie Monster on SNL!

This. Totally!

JohnnyGottaKeyboard
01-16-2011, 05:11 AM
Totally!I do believe she's having a poke at me.:e2tongue:

dragonjax
01-16-2011, 06:35 PM
I do believe she's having a poke at me.:e2tongue:

Never! I share your enthusiasm.

(Totally!) :scared:

K. Taylor
01-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Loved the ep tonight. And that kiss!

Next ep is Feb. 7th (#14).

dragonjax
01-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Agreed -- last night's episode was terrific! (And I'm finally over the "no, she has to be pregnant" thing.)

Penguin
01-26-2011, 01:44 AM
Loved the ep tonight. And that kiss!

Next ep is Feb. 7th (#14).

Agreed -- last night's episode was terrific! (And I'm finally over the "no, she has to be pregnant" thing.)

Best episode EVER! :D

Parametric
01-26-2011, 01:50 AM
What a fantastic episode. Usually with Castle you know you're getting light entertainment, something fun and watchable that will leave you with a smile. This was a really powerful piece of drama. And still left me with a smile. :D

Thump
01-26-2011, 02:48 AM
ROFLMAO! I loved Castle's expression after the kiss when Beckett had her back turned!

He can be such a girl!

And Ryan and Esposito were so awesome! They should get their own spinoff someday!

Kitty Pryde
01-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Yeah, that episode was thrilling. Hilarious that they pointed out that fictional cops always have a plucky sidekick and always investigate the case after their boss tells them "you're off the case!"

Parametric
02-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Wow. Again. :e2thud:

K. Taylor
02-23-2011, 06:39 AM
Yeah, good Part 1 of 2.

dragonjax
02-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Agreed. Terrific first part.

Did you hear that Castle has gotten early renewal for a fourth season? Rah!

Sheryl Nantus
02-23-2011, 07:59 PM
I haz mad love for the Castle writing team.

And the front page of this week's TV Guide?

*faints*

Max Vaehling
02-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Also, second-best Serenity joke so far in the series.

dragonjax
02-24-2011, 03:58 AM
Also, second-best Serenity joke so far in the series.

That was definitely a smile-worthy moment. You're right that last Halloween's space cowboy costume/"Didn't you wear that six years ago?" inside joke was better.

But man, I love, love, love the Castle writers.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard
02-24-2011, 05:54 AM
I think Mr. F misses Firefly more than any of us.

Max Vaehling
02-24-2011, 03:43 PM
Not sure if that's possible.

PAH13
03-02-2011, 07:49 AM
No comments on last night's conclusion episode yet?

I thought it was great. Didn't think it was possible, but I think I fell for Nathan Fillion even more after last night's performance. He is so amazing. I love that the episode was filled with so much tension and emotion, but they still found the right moments to put in that Castle comedy.

caromora
03-03-2011, 07:06 PM
I have to admit, I was kind of disappointed that they went the "blame the soldiers" route with the story. They handled it pretty tactfully, and I liked Castle's empathy. But man, I know a few military people who felt really sucker-punched by it. There are enough actual terrorist groups out there--not just Muslim ones--that the writers could have used. Or any number of other villains/scenarios.

I did love all of the Castle/Beckett moments. And Adrian Pasdar is always amazing. He gave his character so much texture and depth in the few scenes he had. There aren't many actors who could make a character who's kind of a dick so sympathetic. Someone needs to give him his own show. :)

The episode was filled with some great character moments.

Max Vaehling
03-03-2011, 08:21 PM
They chose the villains who had the most interesting story to tell.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard
03-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Someone needs to give him his own show. :)Preferably one wherein he doesn't learn to fly.

Satori1977
03-05-2011, 08:16 PM
I had stopped watching this show this season (for a few reasons unrelated to the show), but finally got caught up on all the episodes. Loving this season, best one so far. I too really like the Firefly jokes.

The two parter was great, the emotion and tension between Beckett and Castle is one of the main reasons I watch the show. I have never seen two tv characters more meant for each other than the two of them. But as much as I want them to get together, part of me doesn't. I would hate for the Moonlighting effect, and the show to be ruined.

I liked the whole storyline of the two-parter. The American disillusioned by the war. It happens. Maybe not to this extreme usually, but it does happen. The part at the end, with Castle pulling all the wires, was a little silly, but he made it work.

Max Vaehling
03-06-2011, 04:34 PM
I liked that bit. It's not like he could make it worse at that point, so doing something, no matter how silly, isn't that silly. The fact that it actually worked was just payoff for a nice way of solving this.

Actually, I prefer this to the one where a phone call to a bomb expert suddenly makes Castle good at defusing bombs, or the last-second malfunction, or the expert showing up out of nowhere. That would have been too deus ex machina for me.

I've had my beef with another scene, from the first part: So Castle and Beckett find the bomb, and the villains open fire. But... they're shooting at a frickin' atomic bomb! I mean, sure they're ready to lay down their lives and all that crap terrorists believe, but they hadn't finished their frame job yet, so ... not a good moment. Also, anyway, you don't shoot at an atomic bomb! You just don't!

Parametric
03-06-2011, 05:20 PM
And Adrian Pasdar is always amazing. He gave his character so much texture and depth in the few scenes he had. There aren't many actors who could make a character who's kind of a dick so sympathetic. Someone needs to give him his own show. :)

They did! It was called Profit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profit_%28TV_series%29), and it was awesome.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard
03-06-2011, 05:46 PM
They did! It was called Profit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profit_%28TV_series%29), and it was awesome.All I remember about that show was he slept in a box and was naked a lot!

Parametric
03-06-2011, 06:24 PM
All I remember about that show was he slept in a box and was naked a lot!

I swear, there were excellent reasons why Adrian Pasdar went to sleep naked in a cardboard box at the end of every episode. :tongue His character (a sociopath) was kept in a cardboard box as a child with only a TV for company, and he still sleeps that way. Apparently they based that off the backstory of a real-life serial killer.

The evil voiceovers were even sexier than the nakedness. Mmm. :tongue

JohnnyGottaKeyboard
03-06-2011, 07:05 PM
The evil voiceovers were even sexier than the nakedness. Mmm. :tongueHe does have one of the sexier voices around...

Man, have we co-opted this Castle thread or what?

Parametric
03-06-2011, 07:08 PM
He does have one of the sexier voices around...

Man, have we co-opted this Castle thread or what?

Cardboard box nakedness with evil voiceover! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca8B9lUxicU) My life is complete!

And yes, yes we have. :D

Satori1977
03-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Never heard of that show. Sounds like it would have been more suited for HBO or Showtime. Probably would have lasted longer.

Kitty Pryde
03-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Oh man, that was a highly enjoyable episode. Soap opera plot, shipper mockery, devious writers, Jane Seymour, Corbin Bernsen, David Eigenberg, Tina Majorino! I was well impressed. Best quality Castle craziness (and no, I did not mind that it even more predictable than usual :D )

JohnnyGottaKeyboard
03-24-2011, 11:15 AM
They really seemed to pull out all the guest star stops for that one.

dragonjax
03-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Stupid DVR didn't record it. Have to go to Hulu tonight...

threebluestars
04-12-2011, 10:07 AM
The poker scene was awesome tonight - a nice tribute to Cannell, and then a frigging awesome line by Michael Connolly to Castle's newbie writer on his first book high:

"You know what I did after I wrote my first book? I shut my mouth and wrote 23 more."

LOL. Love this show! (I only discovered it a few months ago, and I was spazzing that no one had told me it was a show about a writer).

dragonjax
04-12-2011, 07:33 PM
I actually really disliked the last two episodes -- but the poker game in last night's show was pretty good.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard
04-13-2011, 08:05 AM
I actually just now finished last night's episode. I didn't dislike it per se (not as much as last week's). I enjoyed the fact that they weren't afraid to let Dick look petty--tho of course his pettiness all worked out in the end.

Is it the fact that I'm a gay man that the whole "Do you think its weird to have a guy muse?" was totally lost on me? I mean, I've had male and female muses. The line struck me as slightly misogynistic: only men create art, women can but inspire it.

dragonjax
05-17-2011, 07:07 AM
OMG, season finale!!!!!

:Jaw:

RoseColoredSkies
05-17-2011, 07:54 AM
That was intense!!!!! They better have one hell of a good season 4 opener after this!

AlishaS
05-17-2011, 08:54 AM
I hate season finales and cliffhangers. But I am damn glad Castle finally manned up and told Beckett how he feels, granted it may not have been the best time.
Also sad to see a cast member go, but, sadly... I knew it. As soon as the "third" was brought up, I thought, wouldn't that be a hell of a twist.

K. Taylor
05-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Thank goodness we get another season, or I'd be pissed right now!

Kitty Pryde
05-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Yeah, that was crazy dark for Castle! They didnt let Fillion make his Lovable Rogue Smirk a single time. The guys crying and getting in a fist fight outside the bar was very intense i thought. Like whoa.

Grrarrgh
05-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Amazing. One of the best season finales I've seen in a long time. Definitely re-watching it.

CarrieAnn
06-11-2011, 01:29 AM
Amazing. One of the best season finales I've seen in a long time. Definitely re-watching it.

Agreed! :D

Racey
02-11-2012, 06:40 AM
I love this show! I have seen episodes partly season 2, partly season 3..and loved it so I just brought the season 1,2&3 boxset. Half way through season 2 and completely addicted. So glad there is a thread about this show. It is so funny, I love the chemistry between Beckett and Castle ;)

JQTrotter
03-25-2012, 05:39 AM
Was I the only one that thought in the episode with the CIA the ending to the second episode was so stupid? She turned out to be a Russian sleeper spy really? Really? That came out of nowhere. Nowhere. Then the talk of Castle's daddy?

God. That was so stupid. I would have liked it better if the chick was just a dirty agent. No reference to Russia. That was so, so stupid. And now we're supposed to believe that Castle's dad is some CIA spy?

They have so much on Beckett's mom's murder already do they really need to add in that tidbit of info? It's not needed.

I liked the shows first seasons but now it's trying too hard to be... I don't even know what.

K. Taylor
05-08-2012, 10:15 AM
Castle and Beckett are finally together.

And the mystery friend of the old captain is in big trouble. Tahmoh Penikett plays our latest representative of the plot that got Kate's mom killed.

Leah J. Utas
05-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Poorly done episode, sad to say. Please see white text for reasons.

The split between Esposito and Ryan didn't feel right and neither did Ryan's going to the boss. The dialogue was weak, the interplay was missing, and the motivation simply did not come through.

Beckett hanging off the side of a building did not work. Instead of worrying for her I yelled at her to put her other hand back on the edge.

My thoughts. YMMV.

BarbaraSheridan
05-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Totally agree with Leah.

I think it was that switching gears from the fun of the past two episodes to the drama that was the problem.

But there was enough unsettled and interesting to make me want to see "what happens next" in the Fall.

robeiae
05-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Personally, I've grown weary of the cliffhangers in the show.

dragonjax
05-09-2012, 07:26 AM
But there's a code. Whenever the main characters refer to each other by their first names, it's rilly sirious. You don't even need to see the emoting in the actors' eyes; once you hear those first names, you just know that there will be Much Angsting.

Although, I was quite pleased to see Helo from Battlestar Galactica on the show. Hmm -- first we had Sam from BSG as Beckett's pillow partner, now we have Helo try to kill her. Who's next? Maybe Apollo will fly in to...hmm...surprise her as her long lost twin brother?

Heh. I'd actually enjoy the heck out of that...

JohnnyGottaKeyboard
05-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Maybe Apollo will fly in to...hmm...surprise her as her long lost twin brother?Grr, but I loathe Jamie Bamber's American accent.

And the whole ledge thing went on way too long. Yes, we all held our breath wondering if Beckett might fall to her death...Er, um, maybe I took that opportunity to refresh my beverage.

The split between Esposito and Ryan didn't feel right and neither did Ryan's going to the boss. The dialogue was weak, the interplay was missing, and the motivation simply did not come through.
I was really really REALLY hoping Ryan was going to end up being dirty. But didn't expect it, thus sparing myself the disappointment.

dragonjax
05-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Grr, but I loathe Jamie Bamber's American accent.

Okay -- Beckett's long-lost twin brother WHO WAS RAISED IN ENGLAND. Yes! This can work, people!!! (And Castle would eat it up.)

Sheryl Nantus
05-09-2012, 04:41 PM
(And Castle would eat it up.)

heh, heh...

not going there.

nope.

okay, maybe a little.

;)

dragonjax
05-09-2012, 06:07 PM
heh, heh...

not going there.

nope.

okay, maybe a little.

;)

Sheryl!!! :ROFL:

veinglory
05-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Honestly, I got the the point when Castle revealed what he had been hiding, realized I no longer gave damn, and went to bed.

Manuel Royal
05-09-2012, 10:06 PM
I always feel like Castle is a dumbed-down version of a better show. When it works, I like the interplay of the main characters. I've even come to like the formula they've established: three red herrings, then circle back to the first person they talked to about the murder. Nathan Fillion is a natural as an endearing jackass.

The worst thing about the show is the overarching story involving Beckett's mother's killing. These endless conspiracy plotlines are always stupid.

Castle and Beckett declaring their love, then presumably working off years of sexual tension in a haze of unhinged sexual abandon and sweaty, frantic humping, makes the show less interesting.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard
05-10-2012, 12:03 AM
I always feel like Castle is a dumbed-down version of a better show.Great summation. I seldom watch for the mystery and/or procedural. You either gotta buy Fillion's schtick or pass.

Grand conspiracies seldom work. They require intricate plotting for one thing, and that is hard enough on a smart show. (And anyone who watched the second series of Whitechapel knows that even a smart show can run askew in the labyrinth of an overblown conspiracy.) Intricacies have never been this show's strong suit.

MaryMumsy
05-10-2012, 06:54 AM
I like Martha and Alexis and Javier. I always thought Ryan was kind of smarmy, and it didn't surprise me he would weasel to the Captain.

It will be interesting to see what happens next season. I just hope they don't catch the 'Moonlighting' curse.

MM

dragonjax
05-17-2016, 07:05 AM
I made it through the series finale, even though I stopped liking the show seasons ago. And I have to say that the series finale was a lesson in what not to do as a writer, down to having a tacked on ending that was so clearly tacked on that the writers didn't even bother to explain how it possibly could have happened.

Haunted_October
05-17-2016, 08:22 AM
I stopped watching two seasons ago. But watched the series finale to see how it wrapped up, and... Just terrible :( They really must've thought they were going to get a season nine. The writers said they had two endings- the one where there's a season nine and Stana exits, and the finale we got, where they lived HEA.

I'm disappointed but not surprised *sigh*

Parametric
05-17-2016, 01:43 PM
Even though that was not good, I'm at least relieved it ended happily ever after. It could have been worse!

RichardGarfinkle
05-17-2016, 02:55 PM
Even though that was not good, I'm at least relieved it ended happily ever after. It could have been worse!

I agree. It's the first time I've been grateful that a series I liked was cancelled.

The most annoying thing was that it really wasn't a Castle episode. No mystery, no synergy of policework and wacky mystery writing, no romance, just an action spy show episode.

Filigree
05-18-2016, 07:31 AM
That was a bizarre, disjointed letdown. I used to like the writing on this show...even this season had some good stuff. Although I totes figured LokSat was Vikram.

Now I'm actually glad I've stolen Castle's character for a smutty romance novel sequel.

Max Vaehling
05-18-2016, 01:27 PM
Two disjointed letdowns, actually. The final scene was completely random and unearned and I had to head-canon it into a dying fantasy to make it even connect. But the scene before that when the real villain jums out of a closet felt disjointed. It would have worked as a season cliffhanger (by Castle's standards it would have been a great season cliffhanger) but as a finale beat it didn't connect at all.

But the main problem is that the episode didn't feel like a finale at all. Yes, they wrapped up the main storyline, but that one has lost its appeal several seasons ago and has only been kept alive artificially since. (For me, the biog arc lost its foting when they caught the seantor because they suddenly remembered something the captain had said a year before. That's lousy. lazy mystery writing.) But there was no sense of urgency to it, no no series of events that made it unavoidable, just another one of those episodes where they suddenly remember they still have a big bad to catch. The episode itself, or the first 35 minutes of it, was pretty good, though. If only the final reveal had been woven into the overall fabric of it instead of tacked on.