Castle

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Anyone watch the premiere?

Okay, for the record, I guffawed over the threat of him having to return his advance for not producing a manuscript yet. And three weeks for him to turn in a new bestseller? Hahahahahahaha! God, I love television.

It was silly. But it was enjoyable. Most of that was because Nathan F looked like he was having a blast.

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
I loved it. :)

I told my husband that I want a launch party like Castle. Of course, I'm not a bestseller, and bestsellers do have fun launch parties, for real.

But I really, really enjoyed it. Nathan is terrific, and I think he makes the show. I loved that he wasn't portrayed as a "stupid" writer, but one that could actually give the cops a run for their money. (The back-and-forth scenes where he was coming up with the same ideas as the detectives, for example.)

I think Castle is a "real character," a charmer with some "soft bad buy" to him that will make this really fun to watch.

And I found the writers' poker game a TOTAL hoot. I was like, holy moly, that really IS Stephen Cannell at his poker game, and James Patterson, too. I didn't know who the woman was, though. I understand that there will be weekly writer guest stars. How cool is THAT? <G>

Susan G.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Too bad it's a midseason filler. DVR them while you can! ;)

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
I loved it. :)

I told my husband that I want a launch party like Castle. Of course, I'm not a bestseller, and bestsellers do have fun launch parties, for real.

you just want all the handsome guys walking up, ripping their shirts open and demanding an autograph.

;)

I'm wondering where you get the bullet-proof vest with WRITER on it, myself.

be useful for those days out at Starbuck's, doncha know...

:D

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I hate cop shows. A lot. But I recorded it because of Fillion, and I'll check it out later today.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I loved this show. With so many new cop shows premiering this fall, I was glad to see one that isn't a procedural and that has a very light tone. A good mix of drama and humor. And yes, I think Nathan was having too much fun with this role.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
A lot better than I expected it to be, although my expectations were really low. Probably not something I'll tune into every week, but I'm not angry I wasted my time--the writing twist kept it afloat for me. Also, yeah, Fillion is made of awesome sauce.

I'm glad he wasn't the know-it-all writer and they were the should-have-known-better cops, but it skimmed really close to that line.

Leah J. Utas

Protecting Teddy with all my might.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got a kick out of it. I'm a Fillion fan.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Fillion makes almost everything he's a part of better, and I'm really glad to see him breaking into more and more TV shows and movies and so on.

So, yeah, go Nathan!

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
If this takes off, though, it means an extra scheduling conflict dampening my dreams of a Dr. Horrible reunion ...

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
I really enjoyed it. I love Fillion, and he was absolutely delightful to watch. I loved the scenes with his mom and his daughter, which were fantastic.

I was worried that the female cop lead would be annoying and whiny, because they typically are, when it comes to Wunza shows (wunza tough crime writer, wunza dedicated lady cop, blah blah blah). Fortunately, she was intelligent and not a harpy, so bonus points for that.

Captain Tight Pants, take me away.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
I really enjoyed this. The reviews are pretty bad, but I am glad I don't usually listen to the review. It is a cop lite show (I love procedural drama's like CSI, Law and Order, NYPD Blue), but this was a nice change from all of that. The female cop (already forgot her name) was good, but Fillion was excellent. I love watching him in anything, I think he is a very underestimated actor. He can be silly, smart, serious, and downright scary (anyone who saw him in Buffy will know what I am talking about). He is the type of guy I would love to get a beer with, he just seems like so much fun. So many actors take acting so seriously, but he has fun with it, no matter what the project. And that comes through on screen.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I enjoyed it and hope it will pick up steam as the show goes on :)

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Caught it by accident the other night and stayed up WAY past my bedtime to see what Nathan's doing nowadays.

I have to admit that I'm rather delighted that it's taking a different tactic on the standard cop show. Nathan's having entirely too much fun (if that's possible) and I like the way that the answer wasn't as obvious to me as many of the cop shows are.

Hope it does well enough that it stays on for a while--or at least gets released on DVD.

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
OMG - He was the scary "preacher" guy from Buffy?? AAGGGGHHH! I'd blocked that from my memory.

That was some scary stuff.

Susan G.

TheRealFnShow

Registered
Reaction score
Website
therealfnshow.blogspot.com
Yeah, I LOVED Fillion as Caleb. Despite him poking Xander's eye out..

Anyhoo.

I watched, as I'm sure more than a few did, mainly because of Fillion (and a little bit of me liking some cop shows). I enjoyed it, some genuinely funny moments, and actually a fairly interesting twist on usual Cop shows.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I LOVED Fillion as Caleb. Despite him poking Xander's eye out..

Anyhoo.

I watched, as I'm sure more than a few did, mainly because of Fillion (and a little bit of me liking some cop shows). I enjoyed it, some genuinely funny moments, and actually a fairly interesting twist on usual Cop shows.

When I first realized Fillion was Caleb, I was shocked. I had never seen him play a character like that. I actually had a nightmare about him after the "poking Xander's eye out" ep (eye stuff really creeps me out). But he was excellent as a villian. Course, I love him in this show more, because I like when he puts on the charm. I bet that man could charm his way out of anything.

trickywoo

Registered
Reaction score
I just watched the first three episodes online last night. I liked it - witty dialogue, snappy pace, nice twists, and all neatly resolved in one hour.

I DID laugh at the glamorous book launch party. Since that's what a writer's life is like.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No bump for the fall? I just watched 2.02 online and enjoyed it. The main plot arc wasn't anything new but it was cute and well played.

If only we could all have it so good with the book releases and offers ;)

DavidZahir

Malkavian Primogen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
undeadwhispers.yuku.com
The book, funnily enough, is real. You can get it at either Borders or Barnes & Noble. Yesterday Fillon was at a book-signing. I know because I was there.