Help! I have a house full of 13 year olds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
My daughter is turning 13 tomorrow so I am letting her have a slumber party tonight. One of the things we are going to do later is to go out in the woods, find some sticks for roasting marshmallows and have a campfire.

What I need your help with is to make me a hit not only with my daughter but with my daughter's friends to. I figure you can't have a campfire without telling some really cool spookie stories....right? The problem is, I don't know any cool spookie stories. Can you help me out by telling me some of your favorites?

Remember, this is for a bunch of 13 year old girls. I don't want to scare any of them so bad that I get sued by their parents! :D

Thanks in Advance,
Gehanna

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Urban legends are always good around a campfire...The one about the psycho-killer with the hook instead of a hand, and the couple out in the woods parking hears a screeek, screeeek and gets spooked and so the boy starts the car and goes roaring away--and when they get home, the hook is hanging from the door, where the psych was trying to get in...

Although, now that I think about it--door handles are recessed now. So the logic doesn't really hold up, in this brave new world of ours.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I am trying to think of one myself and here's my idea so far. I'll wait for the right time and then I'll start off with:

"Did I ever tell any of you about the troll who lives in the woods back there?" I'll point toward the wooded area of my property and then I'll say, "I'm not sure what kind of creature it really is. I've never seen anything like it before but it's big and ...

Help me finish this will ya? I need a description of the troll like creature.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
hmmm--maybe something scarier than a troll? A mutant bear or a freakishly big cougar? That'll get everyone all jumpy, creating fabulous opportunities to jump out of the dark and go "BOO!"

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah that would be good. My 8 year old son is here and he'd be perfect for doing the jumping out part! I'll have him and my husband go out the front door, come around the back and wait at the corner of the house. *grin*

Fractured_Chaos

Distra-- Ooh! Shiny!
Registered
Reaction score
And this just brought back some deliciously scary memories....

When one of my younger cousins turned 13, she had a slumber party at an adult cousin's house. The older one lived right up the street from me. Well, my husband (at the time), and I planned this out with the adults in advance.

They were all sitting in the dark living room, with nothing more than a camping lantern for light, and telling scary stories. Well, we listened, and at just the right moment, when my oldest cousin finished telling about a psychopath escaping a local mental institution, my husband started banging on the side of the trailer (yes folks, we wuz trailer trash at the time!). It was an older one, with metal sides.....niiiiiiiice *EG*

The girls started screaming, and I came charging in, with fake blood all over my face, and blathering about a nutcase attacking me as I was coming up the road, and more banging, and more screaming, and I think one of them wet her pants.

And then it got all quiet. You could only hear the whimpering of a few girls.

Then my husband came in, and flipped on the lights (Why none of the girls thought of that, I don't know *looks innocent*).

Needless to say, we did let them know it was a prank.

Apparently those girls were talking about it for weeks after, and wanted to know if we'd do other slumber parties! :ROFL:

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
LOL that sounds like a good time! It started raining here so we can't do the campfire thing but the dark living room idea you gave me just now is still an option. :)

sgtsdaughter

Nearing the end of an era
Registered
Reaction score
stuck between Wonder Woman and Lady Columbia
In college I made my roomate pee her pants (and we've known each other for far far too long) . . .

So we were sitting up on a Friday the 13th watching scary movies (and drinking cherry vodka and coke--hey it was cheap). Drunk, and a little with the jeevies, we finally crawled to our beds and passed out. Well, what she didn't know is that earlier that day I planned a prank. In our crappy college apt the bathroom was between our bedrooms, and we shared the vent--you could hear EVERYTHING! So I had taped me saying her name real soft, slow, and freaky over and over again, and I hid the player in the vent. I also had that thing timed. So using the restroom, I turned the player on, crawled into bed, and waited. I called out her name, she yelled that I wasn't fooling her, so I innocently went in her room to "ask" what was wrong. Then the tape kicked in.

She screamed so loud that the baseball team, from down below, all came clammering in to see what the heck was up. I still laugh, she still punches me, and I still know that she wet the bed.

Now, there is one to play on folks.

A.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent!! lol

Sometimes I get too lazy to wash the mascara off my eyes before I go to bed at night and when I wake up in the morning it is all smeared around my eyes. It is NOT an attractive sight to say the least. One morning I woke and I must have had a wild night sleeping because I was hideous looking. My hair was pushed up on one side and ratty looking on the other. My eyes were all smeared with mascara and I had this look on my face as if I had been dead a few days.

I stumbled my way into the bathroom where my husband was taking a shower. I pulled back the shower curtain to look in on him and he had his eyes closed with suds running down his face as he washed his hair. He didn't know I was in the bathroom so I quietly stepped into the shower and began to stare at him with the been dead a few days look I had going.

He leaned his head back into the water to rinse his hair and wash the suds off his face....I am laughing so hard right now I am crying because the memory is too funny...anyway, after he rinsed the suds off he wiped the water away from his eyes and opened them to see my hideous sight standing there staring at him....hahaha...I never heard a man scream like that before...LMAO!!

You know how your body suddenly jerks when you get the you know what scared out of you? He did that and it caused him to lose his footing in the tub and slide backwards! I had to reach out and grab him to keep him from busting his bum a good one!! ... I was laughing so hard at him I couldn't help it.

He was highly upset with me. I've never been lectured like that before in my life. My momma never even lectured me like that before but still it was pretty darn funny to see a soaking wet, naked man scream like a little girl.

neener neener I wish I had a cam going for that one.

Gehanna

BradyH1861

Hold Fast.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
civilwaraddict.com
A house full of thirteen year olds! That sounds like hell. I had a house full of three year olds on Sunday (my son's birthday). I will say a prayer for your sanity!

Brady H.

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tell the "true" story of the poor, beleaguered writer mom who wigged out during her daughter's slumber party and...
Axe_anim.gif

Last edited:

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ghenna, how long before he talked to you in a "normal" tone?
Oh, jeeze. My sides hurt. You need to find a paying home for that story, come Halloween.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
After I came back from the dead, meaning after I cleaned up and made myself look presentable, I went to him and threw my arms around him and began to apologize. He forgave me and he enjoys laughing about the memory with me now.

I never did get the chance to tell any good spookie stories last night. All the girls secluded themselves in my daughter's room and did their own thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.