• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Searching for Beta Readers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenNV

Registered
Reaction score
Seeking a beta reader or two for my completed novel. I have been going through the tiresome task of queries and rejections but I refuse to give up. I am looking for some readers to provide their opinions on the novel and help me to fine tune it before starting another batch of queries in a few months.

The novel is a fiction work - I can provide further detail upon request.

I am also more than willing to read your work as well. I enjoy a good fiction novel and I try to be extremely encouraging.

Let's help each other! :)

Hildreth J. Little

Registered
Reaction score
Let's trade! I'll read your novel, if you will read mine! If you're interested, please say so and we'll go from there. HJL

Last edited:

Hildreth J. Little

Registered
Reaction score
I have one complete novel (90,000 words) in the literary style with a strong female as the main character. It has been edited for grammar, punctuation, fragments, etc.
I read all genres except erotic, extreme fantasy/science fiction and so-called 'adult stories' using cursing in place of dialog.
My favorite American authors are Steinbeck, Welty, Joyce, King. At the moment, I am reading anything by Phillipa Gregory. I also read PD James, P. Cornwell, Nevada Barr, Elmer Kelton and Larry McMurtry, among others.
I have a MS in psychology and I am a lifetime certified Texas teacher.
I'm hoping that a beta reader can tell me the strengths and weaknesses in my story.
Maybe we can help each other through this maze? HJL

JenNV

Registered
Reaction score
My novel is completed aside from final touch ups and minor edits. It is roughly 98,000 words. It is an action/adventure novel with comedic intervention and an underlying sense of forbidden love. I believe it has a sense of fantasy but not to any sort of extreme. I am a college student working to perfect this novel (the first in a four book series) and get it published. I am seeking fine tuning and honest critiquing. I am hoping to send out my second round of queries by the end of May. I could provide you with my opinion of your strengths and weaknesses in your novel to the best of my ability.

Hildreth J. Little

Registered
Reaction score
Why don't you contact me so we can set up, and agree upon, a critique form before we exchange the first chapter or two of our novels? HJL

Last edited:

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
Sorry for yelling, but: DO NOT POST AN E-MAIL ADDRESS! You are asking for mega-spam when you put an address in an open post. There are a million automated "spambots" out hunting for them. E-mail addies should be exchanged only in PMs.

Hildreth J. Little

Registered
Reaction score
Okie Dokie and Alrighty then. I'm a better auditory learner than I am a visual learner. Besides, I'm marginally computer illerate, I don't 'lurk' the internet and strange initals don't get past my basic ABC mentality. What does 'LOL' mean? Where are the Private Messages located on Absolute Write and how does one access that service?

dwellerofthedeep

Electric Alien Fish Machine
Registered
Reaction score
Lol = Laugh out loud.

Private Messages can be sent by clicking on the desired recipient's name next to a one of their posts and selecting the private message option.

Status
Not open for further replies.