PDA

View Full Version : Drunks

Sweetleaf
03-09-2009, 11:02 PM
My hubby got drunk the other night.

Not the usual have-a-few-Friday-night-recover-from-the-week drunk.
He got vomited-in-the-toilet-with-the-lid-down drunk.

I'm sure you can imagine my mood at the sight that greeted me when I got up the next morning.

Now I am the last person on earth who would deride drinking as I am quite a fan of it myself, but sometimes it can cause unfortunate consequences. (I'm not talking about the violent wife-bashing drunks, let's not go there)

Now I'm not sure whether this thread should be about funny and irritating activities of drunks (I could fill a whole thread with my misadventures), how much they annoy the hell out of sober people or hangover cures, but to get you in the mood, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZmDWltBziM

And for the record, my prefered hangover cure is cycling 12kms on an exercise bike and doing 300 stomach crunches. Yes, I'm a freak but it sweats it all out.

regdog
03-09-2009, 11:10 PM
I've spent most of my life at the top of the unpopular list because I have always hated drinking and drunks. I can count on one hand how many times I've drank.

My stupid hurling drunk story would be a relative(who I won't name) got completed blasted on Segrams then ate about 12 Reese PeanutButter Cups. I'm sure you can guess the results. Hurled from one end of the bathroom to the other, crawled into bed and passed out. Guess who got to clean up that unholy, stinking mess.

Kitty Pryde
03-09-2009, 11:13 PM
That video was pleasing. The dumbest thing I ever did while drunk was demonstrate my judo skills on my then-boyfriend, breaking my thumb whilst doing so.

I have a friend with a prosthetic leg who enjoys beer a lot (the two facts are unrelated). When his leg is fully flexed, he can use the metal knee joint of the prosthetic to open beer bottles (I think it's not an intentionally designed feature). It's a great party trick, but the secret is to be sober enough that he doesn't fall over while standing on the other leg trying to open beer.

When my ex-BF was in college, his roommate came home uber-drunk one night, pulled out ex-BF's cabinet drawer (at floor level under the bed) and proceeded to pee all over ex-BF's t-shirts as the poor boy looked on in horror. Apparently thought it was a urinal, was horribly contrite the next morning, and washed all the peed-on clothes without being asked to :P

Sweetleaf
03-09-2009, 11:23 PM
That's funny!

I once disassembled and re-assembled a vacuum cleaner for no apparent reason, but the jury is out as to whether I was sleepwalking or just awake and drunk. I don't remember it, but apparently it was funny.

Sweetleaf
03-09-2009, 11:27 PM
My stupid hurling drunk story would be a relative(who I won't name) got completed blasted on Segrams then ate about 12 Reese PeanutButter Cups. I'm sure you can guess the results. Hurled from one end of the bathroom to the other, crawled into bed and passed out. Guess who got to clean up that unholy, stinking mess.

You should have left it for him! Or made him come back and clean it. I refused to clean up hubby's mess, I left it for when he woke up. I didn't even need to say anything, but he was in one foul mood when he woke up and went to use the toilet. ;)

And I was nice, my best friend would kick her husband out of bed and make him clean it no matter how little sleep he had.

CaroGirl
03-09-2009, 11:34 PM
In uni I twisted all the ligaments in my ankle once falling down the stairs. I didn't feel it until I woke up at 5 am in the worst agony of my life, dying of thirst, alone in bed. My roommate took me to the emergency room and left me there to go to class. I hobbled around on crutches for 2 weeks, and the pain didn't entirely go away for a whole year. It's so easy to be stupid.

regdog
03-09-2009, 11:34 PM
I couldn't leave the mess, my grandparents were visiting and that would have been so wrong for them to walk in on

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-09-2009, 11:37 PM
I got over thinking getting drunk was cool after attending a couple of after-hours business events during which I couldn't partake of the booze and had to watch the drunks get progressively more drunk and less cool as the evening wore on. It was there I saw how painfully un-cool being a public drunk could be and stopped doing it... not to mention it just wasn't worth the morning-after consequences anymore.

Sweetleaf
03-09-2009, 11:53 PM
I must admit, it has been a very long time since I got hammered. I have two babies & didn't drink for about 3 years, and of course now I have to look after them.

Doesn't seem to stop hubby though...

Wayne K
03-10-2009, 12:04 AM
my prefered hangover cure is cycling 12kms on an exercise bike and doing 300 stomach crunches. Yes, I'm a freak but it sweats it all out.
You had me right until here.

Seaclusion
03-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Being a frequent member of the club that is currently being bashed and residing in the state of inebriation, I can say that after reading this thread, without a doubt, I need a drink.

Richard

Sweetleaf
03-10-2009, 01:41 AM
Being a frequent member of the club that is currently being bashed and residing in the state of inebriation, I can say that after reading this thread, without a doubt, I need a drink.

Richard

I've got vodka or bourbon, what's your preference?

Pagey's_Girl
03-10-2009, 01:43 AM
I had a friend in college who quite literally had a Jeckyl-and-Hyde personality. When she got drunk, look out. One Friday evening I was hanging out in the dorm lounge with another friend, partaking of a wine cooler (yep, it was the 80's) when in staggers Ms Hyde, suppoerted by two other friends and bellowing at the top of her lungs "LESH GO DOWNTA FUCKIN CC21! (aka, "Animal House") I WANNA FUCKIN MAAAAAAAN!"

I gave up alcohol for quite some time after that. Turned out being the only sober person at a party wasn't bad. You got to tell everyone what they did the night before. :D

underthecity
03-10-2009, 02:52 AM
I enjoy drinking in moderation, but since the baby came, I've put it on hold.

Before then, however, I did like to get blasted on occasion. And I mean drink to excess, puking, hangover type drunk. Not sure why. I don't do it that often, but I did binge drink more when I was in college.

Last time was New Years Eve. A couple of friends came over and two of us smoked a little something, then he drank some wine, and I over-drank the vodka. By 11 I was so messed up. First time that's ever happened, that is, the combination of the smoke and drink really heightened the buzz. I was seeing double and couldn't lock onto one image. My body felt really weird, like I was uncomfortable in my own skin. Taking antacids helped some, but I still had to make three quick trips to the toilet where everything came back up gradually over the course of the three trips.

My hangover wasn't so bad the next day, but maybe I'm getting too old for that sort of thing. And with a baby in the house, I kind of have to be more responsible.

Angie
03-10-2009, 03:58 AM
The first time I got drunk I fell down the three steps from the porch to the yard and broke my ankle.

The second time, I got so sick that I was afraid I had alcohol poisoning.

Since then, I have not been blind, blasted-drunk. I have a couple now and then, enough to get a light buzz, and then I stop. I don't continue to do things that cause me pain - which is why I also never got hooked on smoking. Sometimes being a wimp is a good thing. ;)

Pagey's_Girl
03-10-2009, 04:21 AM
I think my worst drunk moment was standing in front of the locked door to the dorm, looking at the key in my hand and knowing that somehow, some way, the two objects were connected but not being able to think how...

Silver King
03-10-2009, 06:17 AM
Drunks. Everyone has a story about them.

I drink more than I should, or maybe more than anyone should. And I find it amusing how wasted some people become when consuming relatively small doses of alcohol. They start staggering around, talking bullshit and acting like idiots.

It's shameful to the rest of us who are trying to be responsible drunks!

KTC
03-10-2009, 06:20 AM
my preferred hangover cure is looking down my nose at all the stupid drunks while enjoying my alcohol free triple shot mocha latte.

Haggis
03-10-2009, 06:30 AM
my preferred hangover cure is looking down my nose at all the stupid drunks while enjoying my alcohol free triple shot mocha latte.

Those are extra good with rum in 'em.

KTC
03-10-2009, 06:31 AM
Those are extra good with rum in 'em.

ooh. i'll try that. Maybe give 'er a triple shot. sounds delish.

Don Allen
03-10-2009, 07:20 AM
Puking is for the novice drunk, not dignified at all. I suggest hubby eat a greasy steak before drinking, coats the stomach. Then stay on topic, don't drink beer and shots, and mixed drinks, they play havoic with your inards. Find a drink and stay with it....

Death Wizard
03-10-2009, 07:39 AM
Getting drunk is like having wild sex. You get all sweaty and worked up. Your eyes bug out. Your tongue lolls. You make funny faces and weird noises. And you pass out afterward. In other words, fun while it lasts. :)

Joe270
03-10-2009, 09:10 AM
And for the record, my prefered hangover cure is cycling 12kms on an exercise bike and doing 300 stomach crunches. Yes, I'm a freak but it sweats it all out.

I used to run three or four miles. It's agony for the first mile, but by the end you feel 100%.

My friends told me a drunk story last night, they're up visiting from Texas with 14 other friends.

They were on a plane flying here and one of them had a whole stack, some two inches thick, of free drink coupons. Needless to say, they were partying hard on the plane. A woman sitting within the group, apparently very wealthy judging by the diamond encrusted Rolex she was wearing, joined in and showed them a purse filled with little bottles of vodka. She got really plastered, badly stumble drunk. Her husband met her after the tram in McCarran airport and he was royally pissed at her condition.

She got on the escalator and just passed out, falling face-first over her roll on, and tumbled ass over teakettle all the way down to the bottom. That trashed her really badly, but she landed on the end strip.

That ripped her jeans off and chewed a hole in her buttocks. She was a bloody pulp.

Now that's a bad drunk.

benbradley
03-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Getting drunk is like having wild sex. You get all sweaty and worked up. Your eyes bug out. Your tongue lolls. You make funny faces and weird noises. And you pass out afterward. In other words, fun while it lasts. :)
But with drinking the hangover only lasts for the next day, as opposed to a couple of decades...

AmandaAcidic
03-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Well this one time, my step sister, our friend Erica, and I were walking home from a party. It was in the middle of nowhere at like four in the morning. I could sort of barely walk, but I decided that I really needed to pee and it couldn't wait. I stumble down into the ditch, pulling my pants down as I went. I went about two steps before I fell flat on my face with my pants around my ankles, and I decided it would be a good place to fall asleep. We had a call someone to come and get us. Oh the rebellions of youth.

Wayne K
03-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Was that you?

Wayne K
03-10-2009, 11:00 AM
alcohol
1543, "fine powder produced by sublimination," from M.L. alcohol "powdered ore of antimony," from Arabic al-kuhul "kohl," the fine metallic powder used to darken the eyelids, from kahala "to stain, paint." The al- is the Arabic definite article, "the." "Powdered cosmetic" was the earliest sense in Eng.; definition broadened 1672 to "any subliminated substance, the pure spirit of anything." Modern sense of "intoxicating ingredient in strong liquor" is first recorded 1753, short for alcohol of wine, which was extended to "the intoxicating element in fermented liquors." In organic chemistry, the word was extended 1850 to the class of compounds of the same type as this. Alcoholism "disease of alcohol addiction" is from 1852; alcoholic "one who is addicted to drinking in excess" is from 1891. Alcoholics Anonymous founded 1935 in Akron, Ohio, U.S. Alky is first recorded 1844 as a slang shortening of "alcoholic liquor;" 1960 in the sense of "a drunkard."

From the origin of the word: Darkness.

Joe270
03-10-2009, 12:18 PM
It was in the middle of nowhere at like four in the morning. I could sort of barely walk, but I decided that I really needed to pee and it couldn't wait.

Yeah, I know that drill. Not too long after my wife and I met, her and her college roommate did the same thing, with me as the 'lookout'. Hey, I couldn't help myself. Once their drawers were down around their ankles, I yell out:

"A CAR IS COMING!!!!!!!"

Man, it was pee everywhere. The fountains at the Bellagio are a pale comparison.

I don't know why the hell my wife married me.

Atlantis
03-10-2009, 12:50 PM
I got drunk for the first time last weekend. I went out a date with a guy I met online and he bought me this man-sized beer in a pub. Ha ha. I'd never had beer before, so I accepted it politely. I don't drink much. About halfway through the drink it was like BOOM---I felt the booze hit my head and suddenly everything was all high sailing on the seven seas. It wasn't until I got home that I started acting like a drunk. My date drove me home from the pub. He stopped out the front of my house and kissed me. After I got inside I spent about twenty minutes face down on my parent's bed laughing hysterically because I couldn't believe he'd kissed me. My parents didn't know wheter to be amused or concerned. That's the drunkest I've ever been. I could not stop laughing. I'm a very happy drunk.

Wayne K
03-10-2009, 03:18 PM
I got drunk for the first time last weekend. I went out a date with a guy I met online and he bought me this man-sized beer in a pub. Ha ha. I'd never had beer before, so I accepted it politely. I don't drink much. About halfway through the drink it was like BOOM---I felt the booze hit my head and suddenly everything was all high sailing on the seven seas. It wasn't until I got home that I started acting like a drunk. My date drove me home from the pub. He stopped out the front of my house and kissed me. After I got inside I spent about twenty minutes face down on my parent's bed laughing hysterically because I couldn't believe he'd kissed me. My parents didn't know wheter to be amused or concerned. That's the drunkest I've ever been. I could not stop laughing. I'm a very happy drunk.
After all that I usually have breakfast and start my day.

AmandaAcidic
03-10-2009, 03:21 PM
It takes me the whole day to recover from a night of drinking. Never used to. But I've chilled out in my old age. Haha

NeuroFizz
03-10-2009, 04:53 PM
a thief in the thicket
of mindwoods
steals the very essence
of memory's blessing,
with no proof other
than 80

Translation: many moons ago, got drunk. Had a one-nighter with a striking lass. Couldn't remember anything about it. Might as well have used my hand. Still pissed because she was really stiking, and the memory could still be serving me well. The 80 proof thief in the thicket.

Wayne K
03-10-2009, 05:44 PM
a thief in the thicket
of mindwoods
steals the very essence
of memory's blessing,
with no proof other
than 80

Translation: many moons ago, got drunk. Had a one-nighter with a striking lass. Couldn't remember anything about it. Might as well have used my hand. Still pissed because she was really stiking, and the memory could still be serving me well. The 80 proof thief in the thicket.
Was that you?

Death Wizard
03-11-2009, 06:21 AM
But with drinking the hangover only lasts for the next day, as opposed to a couple of decades...

Ha!

SouthernFriedJulie
03-11-2009, 07:15 AM
I've been begged to tell this story ever time I get drunk, which isn't very often anymore. I try to stay with a little buzzed. Can't drink too much anyway, I have what is fondly known as 'Asian flush'. My cheeks go all red and hot with even one drink. Something genetic about not having a proper enzyme. Papaya enzyme seems to help it, found that out by accident...

Back in 2000 I was living in GA. In a little suburb outside of Atlanta, the house I lived in was on a dark road not far from the gas station I had picked up a job. Maybe half a mile walk between the two. One night I'd been drinking hard. (From June 99 to Nov '00 I spent quite a bit of time plastered). Ran out of smokes and walked to the gas station for more. After a bit of chat with my very amused boss, I headed back home.

Now, right smack in the mid-point of my walk there is a funeral parlor. Even sober those places squick me out. Slap assed drunk? They terrify me to no end. All I could think with my clouded little brain was-"omg they are gonna get me omg they are gonna get me omg". Walking by I sped up and--

The double doors burst open, the snazzily dressed corpses pour out straight at me, then get into their cars and drive away.

It took a few minutes for me to realize that they were living, even after they drove off. (Ok, so I was already stumble running my ass home by then.) I have no idea what those people thought when they saw an obviously terrified woman go tripping and weaving as fast as possible away from them after that 'deer in headlights' moment.

My one friend who was my then room mate still teases me about the way I answered him when he asked me what the hell was wrong.

"Dead people see me!"

NeuroFizz
03-11-2009, 08:11 AM
Alcohol dehydrogenase is the enzyme, and it is used to break down alcohols. It comes in different forms, and those of European descent tend to have a highly active form compared to those of Asian descent, some of whom have a form that is extremely low in activity. Low activity = slow breakdown of ethyl alcohol (and other alcohols).

This is something to keep in mind if we ever want to write a character into our stories who has a problem "handling" alcohol. Or, if we want a taste of humor, think of the fun we could have writing the stereotypical fraternity keg party if all of the frat or sorority members had the relatively inactive form of alcohol dehydrogenase. These kinds of quirky human traits can put little interesting wrinkles in our stories. [See, I injected some writerly stuff into this here drunk thread. Tequila shots on me.]

Joe270
03-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Yea! Free shots!

Can I have a Kamikaze instead? I'll puke on you if I drink a tequila shot. I sorta over-did it with the Jose Cuervo once, ya see.

SouthernFriedJulie
03-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Alcohol dehydrogenase is the enzyme, and it is used to break down alcohols. It comes in different forms, and those of European descent tend to have a highly active form compared to those of Asian descent, some of whom have a form that is extremely low in activity. Low activity = slow breakdown of ethyl alcohol (and other alcohols).

This is something to keep in mind if we ever want to write a character into our stories who has a problem "handling" alcohol. Or, if we want a taste of humor, think of the fun we could have writing the stereotypical fraternity keg party if all of the frat or sorority members had the relatively inactive form of alcohol dehydrogenase. These kinds of quirky human traits can put little interesting wrinkles in our stories. [See, I injected some writerly stuff into this here drunk thread. Tequila shots on me.]

Yep, that! For years I thought it was some allergic reaction.

KTC
03-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Was that you?

Was I pointing at you and laughing, while being cafeful not to burn my tongue on my latte? Yes? Then yes.

thethinker42
03-11-2009, 03:04 PM
The ONE time I let myself actually get stupid drunk was a few months after I turned 21. I got cornered up in a club by a guy twice my age (which was ironic, since I'd recently broken up with a guy twice my age) who was trying to take me home. I was actually JUST coherent enough to realize how INcoherent I was, and distinctly remember telling him "I can't go home with you, because I'm too drunk to make a smart decision". Seriously. All the while I'm looking around for my bouncer/designated driver/brother, because the dude wouldn't let me out of the booth. When the guy told me, in the same breath that he said (again) that he wanted to sleep with me, that I looked like his 15 year old daughter, I pretended I was about to throw up on him and he finally let me out. (I was only half-pretending at that point) Found my brother afterward, and the guy thought twice about approaching me again.

Bro and I went home (still lived with our folks). Here's the conversation the next morning:

Me: Where the HELL were you, anyway?
Him: I was up at the bar (which sits above the booths) watching you and laughing.
Me: You're an asshole.
Him: Hey, I couldn't drink, so I had to have SOME entertainment.
Me: *thinks for a second* You wouldn't have actually let me LEAVE with him, would you?
Him: Oh GOD no.
Me: *smiling at how caring and protective my big bro is*
Him: There's no way in hell I was going to explain to Mom why I came home with your car but without you.
Me: You're an asshole.

I never, ever let myself get that drunk again.

Kitty Pryde
03-11-2009, 07:37 PM

Yes. This. Freshman year at college I lived in Okada house, the school's Asian-American culture themed dorm. I'm white, but 75% of the students living there were Asian or Asian-American (the school does this intentionally, there's also a African-American themed dorm and a Latino-American themed dorm--they are pretty cool places to live), so I was able to enjoy this spectacle numerous times. My two favorites:

My sweet precious neighbor staggering belligerent and red-faced down the hall clutching a half-empty Smirnoff Ice (that booze that tastes like soda). She stopped in the resident advisor's doorway to rant incoherently. The RA expressed his concern for her and asked if she wanted to sit down or have a drink of water. She snarled at him incoherently. He asked her really nicely how much she had had to drink that night. She waved her half-empty bottle at him, shouted "NOT EVEN ONE, DAMMIT!" walked into the wall, and staggered away.

My friend Miko, who is Japanese, telling me over lunch about his crazy exploits of the night before. He said he got really really really drunk on tequila shots and then our other friend Matt had to carry him home from the party. I asked how many he had, and he told me he lost count after four shots. At this point Matt interjected himself into the conversation to tell us that, no, this poor kid only drank HALF A SHOT and then became incoherent and unable to walk.

NeuroFizz
03-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Yea! Free shots!

Can I have a Kamikaze instead? I'll puke on you if I drink a tequila shot. I sorta over-did it with the Jose Cuervo once, ya see.
Cuervo was the problem, Joe. Get some good stuff, like Herradura. Or, you could go all out and get a good Anejo tequila (for sipping only).

I made a large pitcher of killer "blue" Kamikazes at our last neighborhood Holiday (Xmas time) party. There was too much green and red stuff...

KTC
03-11-2009, 07:45 PM
You guys are all amateurs. I haven't gotten drunk in years and years (perhaps decades?) but when I did, I sometimes awoke in different countries. I came to in Maine once...in a rather horrible restaurant. I was eating pierogis. There were some caves nearby with tours or some such. Next thing I knew, I was in New Hampshire...in the backseat of a car driving rather fast through this crazy high/low hilly region.

SirOtter
03-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Being primarily of Scottish and Irish descent, I have a ridiculous capacity for the consumption of liquorous spirits, I recover quickly and only experience any discomfort the next morning if I fail to drink a large glass of water before passing out, or get less than four hours of sleep. Sleep deprivation does me more harm in the morning than booze. I have to drink hard and fast to get much more than a buzz, and even then it's gone in a couple of hours. I'd need to be independently wealthy to afford being an alcoholic.

I have maintained the buzz a couple of times long enough to do silly things. Once I was on the john, contemplating with a jaundiced eye the roll of toilet paper. My wife had loaded it on the roller, apparently, since the flap hung in the back. I hate that. I'm strictly a front flap kind of guy. I disengaged it from the holder, extracted the spool from inside the roll, but instead of turning the roll around, I turned the spool around and rehung it. When I realized what I'd done, I damn near fell of the can laughing. Well, it was funny at the time.

Once in the Shenendoah Valley in Virginia, I over-indulged in wine and tried to explain baseball to an Englishman. He was very sympathetic and genuinely trying to understand the game I love above all others, but it was futile. The infield fly rule makes no sense when you're sober, much less when you're 'faced. Oddly enough, I experienced an epiphany regarding the intricacies of the balk rule, but my alcohol-induced insight evaporated along with the ethanol in my brain.

Sweetleaf
03-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Once in the Shenendoah Valley in Virginia, I over-indulged in wine and tried to explain baseball to an Englishman. He was very sympathetic and genuinely trying to understand the game I love above all others, but it was futile. The infield fly rule makes no sense when you're sober, much less when you're 'faced. Oddly enough, I experienced an epiphany regarding the intricacies of the balk rule, but my alcohol-induced insight evaporated along with the ethanol in my brain.

You should have got him to explain cricket to you. :D

Mela
03-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Puking is for the novice drunk, not dignified at all. I suggest hubby eat a greasy steak before drinking, coats the stomach. Then stay on topic, don't drink beer and shots, and mixed drinks, they play havoic with your inards. Find a drink and stay with it....

yes, definitely eat something fatty beforehand.
I have a drink or two every night when I get home from work - helps take the edge off. But slamming drunk? Haven't done that in years and years ... I'm uncomfortable with that. It's really no fun, not being able to walk or talk or walk or talk.

2old2pb
03-12-2009, 12:56 AM
I guess I'm lucky that I didn't kill myself but I basically outgrew drinking before I was driving. There was a bar within about two miles that served me when I was 15 until it burned down. I guess the Hell’s Angels that hung out at The B-52 pissed someone off, lol.

When I look back at my drunken years, 15-25, I pretty much have nothing in common with that person. Good riddance.

SirOtter
03-12-2009, 01:24 AM
You should have got him to explain cricket to you. :D

I once had a Jamaican who worked for me in a restaurant try to explain cricket, when I was cold-stone sober. My head like to exploded. I'll stick with baseball. :D

lakotagirl
03-12-2009, 01:25 AM
Rocky was a Maine Coon Cat who loved to curl up in the bathroom sink. He fit just perfect.

Hubby used to get pissed cuz he'd brush his teeth in the morning and always ended up with cat fur on his toothbrush and in his mouth. He'd yell at Rocky, but Rocky just twitched his tail and ignored him.

One night we partied too hard. We'd just rolled into bed when I felt hubby roll back out and make a run for the bathroom.

He didn't quite make it to the toilet. He hurled in the sink. All over Rocky.

When I got up to make sure everything was OK, poor Rocky was in the hall trying to clean himself. I took him to the basement and gave him a bath.

He never slept in the sink again.

James81
03-12-2009, 01:27 AM
vomited-in-the-toilet-with-the-lid-down drunk.

:roll:

I've never been that far gone. I've only thrown up from drinking once, and that was from Vodka--which I'll never drink again, even at the threat of ridiculous amounts of torture.

archerjoe
03-12-2009, 02:13 AM
A friend of a friend was telling us how he got silly and annoying when he drank beer but when he drank vodka he's deeply ashamed of the things he did. He didn't elaborate and I didn't ask :Wha:

Sweetleaf
03-12-2009, 03:52 AM
I've been begged to tell this story ever time I get drunk, which isn't very often anymore. I try to stay with a little buzzed. Can't drink too much anyway, I have what is fondly known as 'Asian flush'. My cheeks go all red and hot with even one drink. Something genetic about not having a proper enzyme. Papaya enzyme seems to help it, found that out by accident...

Back in 2000 I was living in GA. In a little suburb outside of Atlanta, the house I lived in was on a dark road not far from the gas station I had picked up a job. Maybe half a mile walk between the two. One night I'd been drinking hard. (From June 99 to Nov '00 I spent quite a bit of time plastered). Ran out of smokes and walked to the gas station for more. After a bit of chat with my very amused boss, I headed back home.

Now, right smack in the mid-point of my walk there is a funeral parlor. Even sober those places squick me out. Slap assed drunk? They terrify me to no end. All I could think with my clouded little brain was-"omg they are gonna get me omg they are gonna get me omg". Walking by I sped up and--

The double doors burst open, the snazzily dressed corpses pour out straight at me, then get into their cars and drive away.

It took a few minutes for me to realize that they were living, even after they drove off. (Ok, so I was already stumble running my ass home by then.) I have no idea what those people thought when they saw an obviously terrified woman go tripping and weaving as fast as possible away from them after that 'deer in headlights' moment.

My one friend who was my then room mate still teases me about the way I answered him when he asked me what the hell was wrong.

"Dead people see me!"

I used to freak out over my friends daughter's cabbage patch kid. It was a bath one, and had gone all mouldy on the inside and it looked dead. They used to move it so every time I went to the bathroom it was edging closer and closer to the toilet. I hate that doll.