How do you submit a MS with an AKA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamrockgreen

A day on the skeet range helps the frustration
Registered
Reaction score
I have always wanted to write under another name, because I think all my last names (maiden and married) are harsh sounding and are constantly misspelled.

How do you make a submission and let them know you want to be published under another name?

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
On the first page of your ms, the cover page/title page, up in the top left corner, you put your real name, address, phone number and email addy. (Do NOT put your SS number on there. I have seen some older ref materials that say that, but I don't put my SS number on anything until I HAVE to.)

Then, you scroll down to the middle of the page, and you do this:

TITLE
A Superromance Novel (Or: A Blaze Novel. Or just: A Romance Novel)
by
Pen Name

That's it. That's all you need to do in the initial stages. If they buy it, then you can further clarify if it's needed.

Susan G.

Shamrockgreen

A day on the skeet range helps the frustration
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Susan. I have always wanted to use my grandmother's first name and my father's first name to make a pen name. It sounds very soft. Unlike the harsh sounds of my last name, most people have to ask for pronouncation of it. LOL It is okay and I don't mind but something a little easier on the tongue I felt would be better for people to remember.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
If they buy it, then you can further clarify if it's needed.

...good advice; this included.
My real name was once printed on a published piece, even though I'd supplied a pen name. So if you get an offer, do make mention of the pen name to be sure. Oversights can happen.

JrFFKacy

Rookie Firefighter
Registered
Reaction score
On the first page of your ms, the cover page/title page, up in the top left corner, you put your real name, address, phone number and email addy. (Do NOT put your SS number on there. I have seen some older ref materials that say that, but I don't put my SS number on anything until I HAVE to.)

Then, you scroll down to the middle of the page, and you do this:

TITLE
A Superromance Novel (Or: A Blaze Novel. Or just: A Romance Novel)
by
Pen Name

That's it. That's all you need to do in the initial stages. If they buy it, then you can further clarify if it's needed.

Susan G.

Good to know. I too would like to write under a pen name. Kacy isn't my real name, but it kinda has a nice ring to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.