PDA

View Full Version : A few words of appreciation

MaybeThisTime
03-07-2009, 02:18 AM
Although I had lurked here on and off for a while, I only registered recently. Since then, I've been visiting AW daily, especially the SYW, Roundtable, and Writing Exercises areas.

First, I'm awe-struck by the generosity of the established writers on this board. The suggestions, advice, and crit offered here are incredibly helpful -- and all done for free by folks who just want to help other writers be better writers. Talk about a supportive environment! I look forward to the time when work of mine can be shared.

Second, I have been helped more than I can say by reading the posted WIP and query excerpts of AW writers. Not just because it helps my understanding of technical points, but because it reinforces my experience that writing well is hard work. :D It's not "just me"! Many are struggling, and kudos to all of us for our persistence.

Thanks to all who help make AW such a welcoming, helpful place.

I love you guys :Hug2:

Puma
03-07-2009, 03:17 AM
Thank you Maybethistime - that was very nice of you to put your feelings in writing.

I noticed you mentioned SYW more than once. Please don't hesitate to hop in and make comments on posted pieces - it always helps to get different perspectives. You might see something that was missed. And critting is actually one of the best ways to learn and improve your (or our) writing. Once you see mistakes someone else is making, it's so much easier to see the same mistakes in your own work.

And - welcome to AW. Hope to see you around on the boards. Puma

Sirion
03-07-2009, 03:31 AM
AW is awesome, isn't it? ^.^

smoothseas
03-07-2009, 03:41 AM
AW is awesome, isn't it? ^.^

Awesome, indeed! An active community of kindred spirits. So glad to be a participant here. Thanks to the greybeards and also the newbies who make this such a happenin' place.

Bubastes
03-07-2009, 03:56 AM
It's great to see your kind words. AW is a fantastic community. I'm always amazed at the generosity of people here. The part I appreciate the most is the straight talk, especially from more experienced writers. My writing has improved so much since I joined.

And if you ever need writers to commiserate with, AW has those too. Welcome!

Cathy C
03-07-2009, 04:50 AM
We all started at the bottom at one point. It's been AW who helped us get where we are. We just try to give back. :)

You're welcome!

CACTUSWENDY
03-07-2009, 05:02 AM
So very true. This is a treasure and the folks, for the most part, are really super with their view points and information. I really love this place.

(Don't forget that you too can help keep this place here by spinning by the paypal site and donate a little to ease the load.)

Susie
03-07-2009, 06:45 AM
That is really nice, Maybe, and love your username. It is a wonderful place and a real virtual home here. Glad you're enjoying.

CarnalPIE
03-07-2009, 06:51 PM
As another relatively new person to the board (who incidentally loathes the horrid internet term "newbie") I feel the exact same way about this board. This entire message board, and everyone I've run across so far, is freaking AWESOME. Way to run a business, guys!

padnar
03-08-2009, 09:14 AM
For my part I love the research department .
Being in india it is difficult to write about the
court in USA ,their lifestyle , the hotels and other
matters. people here are very helpful and i would
like to thank them. I found no post there so I am thanking
here.
padma

aka eraser
03-09-2009, 08:16 AM
Appreciation is always appreciated. AW has advanced many a career. It's good to see those who've received, give back.

Yasaibatake
03-09-2009, 08:54 AM
I mostly lurk around the boards, but I agree - AW rocks! The community here is second to none. I have often said, "A friend told me..." when discussing things I've read here because that's exactly how I've always been treated, despite my newbie/lurker status. You all have helped me so much already; when I do manage to reach my goals, it will be because of AW. Thank you!