Question about an agent with my partial

privatepook

Yes, I'm totally into that..
Registered
Reaction score
Let me try to explain this in a chronological way that makes sense....

- I queried an agent
- The agent didn't respond for several months, so I re-queried them, this time with a new, superior query letter for the same novel
- The agent responded to the second query asking for a partial
- One month went by before I got a rejection letter for the first query, which was four+ months old by then.

This has left me confused, since the agent still has a partial they requested. Should I consider myself officially rejected or assume I will still hear back about the partial?

And yes, I know this is a neurotic question, but this agent is at the top of my list.

Danthia

That's actually a good question. It's possible that they rejected the first query based solely on the query and didn't realize another, better query had come in.

I'd e-mail them, explain the situation and ask. You lose nothing by trying. Worst case, they say it was indeed for the partial, which is exactly where you are now.

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
If it's different agents there's not much you can do now. If the same agent, it's a bit dicey. Hard to give sound advice here, but if it were me I'd probably just let it go and see what happens.