PDA

View Full Version : The TGIF thread

Susie
03-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Roses are red
Violets are blue.
So glad it's Friday,
Whohoo! Whohoo!

This calls for :Cake:! :D Whatcha gonna do this weekend? Please discuss.

LadyVonFright
03-06-2009, 07:24 PM
tonight im hanging out with my friend angus, we are gonna play video games....eat take out....and do whatever else the night brings on :D

smoothseas
03-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Suze's glad it's Friday
and I am, too...

Greenwolf103
03-06-2009, 08:27 PM
YAY FOR FRIDAY! :hooray:

Today we're having a B-day party for my doggie, who turned 14 yesterday (OMG!!!) and we're celebrating today because yesterday was just NOT a good day for a party. But today is his party day!

Also, going to a Dr. Seuss festival at my daughter's school today. Yay for getting more books at the Scholastic book fair!

As for the weekend?? Lessee...

*Clean out bedroom closet.

*Write.

*Shampoo carpet.

*Write.

*Watch movies.

*Write.

Yep, we're good. :D

Atani
03-06-2009, 08:54 PM
I wish Friday was a good day for me... but it's not so fantastic. I usually get to have my 'office' to myself, but today my boss's boyfriend showed up to "work" and I have to appear busy at all times (luckily he can't see my computer though).

Also, My husband works tonight, so I'm at home alone with our almost 2 year old daughter. I love my little girl, but she's getting to that difficult stage (well, she's well into it), and it's not exactly relaxing to keep her without help (especially since I'm 35/36 weeks pregnant). Oh well.

Greenwolf103
03-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Hugs, Atani. I know how hard it can be at that stage. I'll be sending good vibes.

I'll be alone tonight with two kids but at least the baby will be asleep before 9. *knocks on wood*

Ken
03-06-2009, 09:21 PM
...only temped two days in an office this week, so doesn't seem like much of a TGIF; but thanks for the good wishes. Extending them to everybody else too :-)

DaddyCat
03-06-2009, 10:08 PM
I normally dedicate weekends to chores and reading, but I need to catch up on some writing too.

CaroGirl
03-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Tonight I'll veg on the couch with the family and watch the Survivor episode we DVR'd from this week. Tomorrow I'll spend the day cleaning the house and cooking because my bro's family (plus my niece's boyfriend) is coming for dinner. On Sunday we usually ski, but the weather's supposed to be crappy, so I might just get a chance to do very little and maybe get in some writing. If not, I'll be skiing as per usual.

Sweetleaf
03-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Well Friday's been and gone here now, but I did the usual pathetic, desperate attempts to keep my house looking respectable until the sprogs (aged 1 & 2) went to bed. Then got drunk with hubby (well he got drunk - he's got a lovely clean up job to do in our bathroom when he wakes up) & watched The Golden Compass on TV.

Same old, same old...

Tink
03-06-2009, 11:34 PM
I plan on spring cleaning....
...that may not be what I actually do but that is what I am planning on doing.

Wayne K
03-07-2009, 01:39 AM
Is it friday already?

Tink
03-07-2009, 02:14 AM
Yes, tis Friday.

It is FRIDAY!!!!

FRIDAY, FRIDAY!!!!!!

Friday is here...

here. Now. Today.

I luv Fridays.

:)

Kitty Pryde
03-07-2009, 02:29 AM
On Sunday we usually ski, but the weather's supposed to be crappy, so I might just get a chance to do very little and maybe get in some writing. If not, I'll be skiing as per usual.

Yays! I'm skiing tomorrow, teaching lessons at the adaptive ski school. This day cannot be over soon enough. If "Everybody's working for the weekend" comes on the radio, I'm running out of the office screaming. I swear upon the really giant navel orange I have on my desk.

I'm a happy girl because we are taking my friend J. and his friend up to ski for the day (and keeping fingers crossed that it won't rain). I have all these free lift tickets and I practically have to ORDER people to come up and ski with me. So far only 6 of the 12 tickets are spoken for! Anybody in socal wanna go skiing with me? :D

Siddow
03-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Tonight I'm staring at a Hello Kitty band-aid on my left index finger and wondering if I should really just go get stitches.

Or if i should apply a second band-aid, take a perc, and pour a shot.

Hmm...

writerterri
03-07-2009, 05:54 AM
Yay! I don't have to wake up tomorrow at 7am (half awake) and make breakfast and lunches for the three then pile everyone into the car and drive 5 blocks because my kids are cold. Wa! (we live in So Cal)

Snooze till 10am Saturday!

writerterri
03-07-2009, 05:57 AM
Tonight I'm staring at a Hello Kitty band-aid on my left index finger and wondering if I should really just go get stitches.

Or if i should apply a second band-aid, take a perc, and pour a shot.

Hmm...

Pour a shot. Hold a lime between your teeth, pinch together the cut and apply Super Glue. Drink shot.

How do you feel now?

Greenwolf103
03-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Yay! I don't have to wake up tomorrow at 7am (half awake) and make breakfast and lunches for the three then pile everyone into the car and drive 5 blocks because my kids are cold. Wa! (we live in So Cal)

Snooze till 10am Saturday!

Amen to that. Saturdays are the ONE DAY we get to sleep in! I am NOT happy if the alarm clock goes off on a Saturday morning. Unless someone else needs it to do so.

Siddow
03-08-2009, 01:45 AM
Pour a shot. Hold a lime between your teeth, pinch together the cut and apply Super Glue. Drink shot.

How do you feel now?

Better. Two stitches to close the wound, and "I've heard that works!" from the nurse when I told her of your advice. :)

cooeedownunder
03-08-2009, 02:13 AM
Sunday here, have a great Saturday night guys. :)

Wayne K
03-08-2009, 03:38 AM
Sunday here, have a great Saturday night guys. :)
So if I visited you folks down under, I could leave on sunday morning and be home in time for the weekend. Cool.

cooeedownunder
03-08-2009, 04:13 AM
So if I visited you folks down under, I could leave on sunday morning and be home in time for the weekend. Cool.

Yep, but if you are in the states you would lose a day coming here, and gain a day going home (or possibly its the otherway - I think I must need another coffee) and you would need to fly in total for about 28 hours, clear customs both ends, possibly another few hours lost.