3/6/09 - Word from Festus

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
I pm-ed Festus yesterday since he hasn't been around for a while. Got a response this morning. He says he's been passing colds and stomach flu around with his family. Hopes to be back with us in western soon.

Seems like there've been darn few cowpokes wandering out this way recently. I've been wondering who all's still around and writing or interested in tales of the old west. If you are - why don't you say howdy in this thread (and you can say hi to Festus too.) Puma

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Howdy, Festus! Hope all are well very, very soon!

I'm working on a tale starting in 1866 and going to whenever the MCs tell me they're done. The Newton, KS, gunfight figures prominently in their lives - fascinating incident in US history.

And thanks, Puma, for the update.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I don't write westerns, but would it hurt you terribly much if I popped in just to say hi to Festus?

Because I'm doing it anyways.
Likewise! Festus, we (well, I anyway, and I presume misslissy too) still miss you in the Sunday Night Flash Fiction Challenge and hope to see you back soon! I'll be lookin' for that cowboy hat avatar! :)

Glyn

Registered
Reaction score
Post removed

Last edited:

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Glyn - Looks like you're a newcomer to AW - welcome aboard. I wasn't sure why your posted a piece of writing in this thread. There is a western Share Your Work forum up the main AW page - enter through Share Your Work which is password protected but with easy access for AW members. The password protection keeps posts there from being found by Google (first rights issues among others). Anyway, you ought to ask one of the moderators to move your post to SYW - especially if you'd like comments on it. Mod names are listed on the right side of the page across from where it says western. Send one a personal message (PM) and they'll move it for you. Puma

Glyn

Registered
Reaction score
S'ok, Puma. I've removed it. I was just introducing myself, western-style. Thanks for the welcome.

Glyn

CDaniel

Writing for the brand
Registered
Reaction score
Hey there, I'm still a bit new here but it dosen't hurt say howdy Festus.

Dan