Reaction score
LOL And that is a stunning MC.

kaitlin008

Seeing newness all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kaitlinward.blogspot.com
Chanelle, are you pressing the thing that says "cached" under the google result, or just pressing the link normally? You have to press "cached" or it won't work ;)

Or maybe your internet's just hateful haha.

Indus

Chocolate Milk mmm.
Registered
Reaction score
So it showed you the deals they've made for the writer's they represent?
Did you like what you read? :)

Chanelley

Registered
Reaction score
Haha - I wasn't pressing cached. Feels silly now.

wandergirl

~kirsten hubbard
Registered
Reaction score
Back from errands -- I'm glad you guys figured it out! haha
I don't know why PM doesn't fix their settings, but for now... good for us.

MISSKRIS IS AN AMAZING BETA!!

So are Kaitlin, whatevergoesnow and Genius by Birth Slacker by Choice Indus

Red, sometimes you can click "Similar Pages" and you'll have a couple options.

Indus

Chocolate Milk mmm.
Registered
Reaction score
LOL you guys....I'm trying to write this really emotional, powerful scene for my MC. I've been working at it for like two hours so I stopped and went back to read.

It's hideous lol I think I just wrote something that could have rivaled an episode of All My Children or something. It is seriously so overly dramatic and absolutely lame lol.
/sigh just had to get that out of my system
ok. Back to the drawing board lol

kaitlin008

Seeing newness all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kaitlinward.blogspot.com
LOL you guys....I'm trying to write this really emotional, powerful scene for my MC. I've been working at it for like two hours so I stopped and went back to read.

It's hideous lol I think I just wrote something that could have rivaled an episode of All My Children or something. It is seriously so overly dramatic and absolutely lame lol.
/sigh just had to get that out of my system
ok. Back to the drawing board lol
I bet it's not as bad as you think!

Emotion makes me so uncomfortable (both in life and writing haha) so I always need to take at least a day off from writing after if I try to write a really super emotional scene.

But also, you are your own worst critic ;)

MissKris

Is the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristindmiller.com
Lol, Indus. Just reading what you wrote made me giggle. I've done that so many times. In a day or two you will probably like the scene again!

Thanks for the endorsement, Wandergirl!!! In big, red letters even. Wow! :D

Chanelley

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think it is. Maybe it means they haven't been taking on new clients? Or maybe the year before they sold three book deals, so they're helping clients with the rest of their series? Meh, I don't know lol.

wandergirl

~kirsten hubbard
Registered
Reaction score
Is it a definite red flag if an agent hasn't sold a book for over a year? I know they're legit, it's just been a while it looks like...

From what I've heard, many deals go unreported. Some agents don't report any at all. So there's probably no reason to worry.

Kris: I woulda made it blink, but I don't know how.

Enna

back for more
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michelleschusterman.com
Man, every time I wake up there's pages to read...

Okay, teens sleeping with older men/women? I'm sorry, but when I think of teens I think "students." I started teaching public school (hs and ms) right out of college. I was 23, my oldest students were 18. And no. No no no.

My district (sadly) had a problem with teachers sleeping with students. It happened several times in the four years I taught there. My students, no matter how cool and mature, were my students. And I still keep in touch with many of them- in fact, one is betaing my book!- but I still think of them as my students.

I question the motives of an older man or woman showing that kinds of interest in a teenager. And I really hope I don't sound like I'm bagging on teens, because some of my former students are the most intelligent, open-minded, aware people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Maybe it can work out sometimes...but to me there's definitely something skeevy about it. (Love that word!)

Aaand, on to some exciting news (well, exciting for me, anyway!)...I got my first writing gig!! I'm the intern editorial assistant for http://matadorgoods.com/! I get to help look for travel gear and BOOKS to review (heck yes!), edit articles, and write my own- and I get paid! Paid to write and talk about books and travel? Um...okay!

THANKS TO WANDERGIRL FOR SENDING ME OVER THERE!!!! :) :) :)

Red.Ink.Rain

Not your kid brother's YA
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristin-briana.livejournal.com
As far as men dating younger women goes, my 25-year-old friend married a girl who was nineteen. So I don't think age difference is a problem, it's just the issue of whether or not they're in a student/teacher kind of relationship, or whether the teen is a minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.