Status
Not open for further replies.

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Sean Connery - didn't he do the "Confidence if very sexy, don't you think?" commercial?

I sent Mark McVeigh another query and still didn't get the auto - response...:Huh:

No, you're thinking of Jack Palance....he was pretty hot for an old dude in that commercial if I remember right.

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Okay peeps,

I hate to leave the hot agent, hot actors, convo, but I gotta retirement dinner for one of my fellow English peeps to go to.

Be back afterwhile!!!

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
I have my full out to him:

sm_steinberg_shadow.jpg

MissKris

Is the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristindmiller.com
I'm pretty sure they do because I've seen them post on the agency threads. I posted one recently and the agent herself created an account and posted info about herself. I was like WOW.

Oooh, Steven? *looks around* Did you catch that comparison to Joseph Fiennes? Huh, didja? Pretty nice, huh?

Now, REP MY BOOK!

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
I sent it. She sounds pretty legit. Plus I thought it was cool that she was in on that TN writers thingy...since I live in TN and all. I also figured that she'd still take on queries, but it might be a while until she responded because of the move.

Haven't heard back, though. She's probably like, "Oh, God. There's that chick that posted the thread about me on AW." bahaha

Last edited:

Red.Ink.Rain

Not your kid brother's YA
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristin-briana.livejournal.com
What a small world! That agent guy has three of my friend's blogs linked on his blog. Plus, he reads Ted Dekker--who I love! Well, now I MUST query him!

Ted Dekker is AMAZING. I love the Circle Trilogy. And Blink. Those are my favorites, I think.

Shoot. I'm fangirling again. *sigh* I'm hopeless. :tongue

pixydust

Mother Flippin' Rhymnosorous
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowofthewood.com
Ted Dekker is AMAZING. I love the Circle Trilogy. And Blink. Those are my favorites, I think.

Shoot. I'm fangirling again. *sigh* I'm hopeless. :tongue

Blink is the best book EVER! I love that one! And the Circle Trilogy...I devoured that in a week. What a ride. I'm not as fond of his recent work, though. He lost me after SHOWDOWN. I think the last one of his I read and liked was OBSESSED.

MissKris! I love your avatar! That artist is a friend of mine. We belong to several of the same fantasy art groups.

Umm...I meant that first agent: Alex Field

JamieB

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.jamieblair.blogspot.com
OLD PEOPLE WHERE ARE YOU???? I'M FREAKING OUT! AN AGENT CALLED ME!

He left a VM on my cell, I called and left him a VM and I'm waiting for him to call me back. He said he wants to talk to me about Steam Angel....don't know what that means, but he called....so??? I don't know.

I'm dying here! :eek:

Red.Ink.Rain

Not your kid brother's YA
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristin-briana.livejournal.com
Blink is the best book EVER! I love that one! And the Circle Trilogy...I devoured that in a week. What a ride. I'm not as fond of his recent work, though. He lost me after SHOWDOWN. I think the last one of his I read and liked was OBSESSED.

I agree - his more recent books aren't nearly as cool. I couldn't even finish SINNER.

JamieB - OMG THAT'S AWESOME!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Chan - I'm reading Haunted! And I'm still loving it! (Although, sorry, but you need to change the cafeteria scene - because right now I'm reading Honey as Rosalie and Casey as Alice.)

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
OMG JAMIE THAT'S AWESOME!!!

Ok...just breathe in and out... slowly... aw, screw it! I'd be screaming. LOL

JamieB

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.jamieblair.blogspot.com
UGH...scam. Tried to pitch me on paying an editor. Said I had as many as 20 punctuation and spelling errors in each line and shouldn't send a ms out to anyone in that shape. Funny that NONE of my readers have picked up on that - oh or spell check. (which I don't use on here BTW)
:rant:
I'm going to drink beer now.

Status
Not open for further replies.