Status
Not open for further replies.

Enna

back for more
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michelleschusterman.com
C'mere, MissKris, I'm givin you a big ol' hug.

:e2arms:

Once again, I miss the action. Stupid time zone.

Jamie, I'm really sorry about the gallstones. My mother and sister both went through that. I hope you feel better soon!

My weight loss tip: tuberculosis. A few months of fevers, sweats, and vomiting did it for me this winter- my jeans don't fit anymore.

Starbucks ice cream...that's just a beautiful combination.

So yesterday I wrote a ton: I blogged about a music festival I played at this weekend on my website and a different one on my travel blog, I wrote three reviews for Matador, and I wrote an article for EduBook on making English the official language of the U.S.

How much did I work on my fiction WIPs?

So I still feel like a failure of a writer. :( Suck!

MissKris

Is the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristindmiller.com
Hope you didn't take offense. I was trying to remember if is was you who wanted the convo change the other day, that's all.

Yes, I was writing about the difficulties of the male pov...but no one wanted to comment! hahah, just kidding!! Thanks for noticing!!

I guess I just got comfy with you guys and resorted back to my teen days of sitting around and oogling guys!!!

Hey June, no worries. I'm 100% unoffendable. Totally. Unless you're making cracks at my batting, then we'll have problems. I've just been seeing a few new and interesting folks attempt to join the thread and not come back. Good luck with your male POV. I wrote a MG with male POV and it went really well, but that age is different than YA. Easier, I think.

Enna, thanks for the hugs! Let's see, what can I send your way . . .? :e2moon: Oh, oops! wrong one. Here you go, lol.:e2flowers And hey, you DID write a ton yesterday - good work! That WIP will be there waiting for you when you're done with the other interesting things you're working on (English as official language - now that's a hot-button topic).

Congrats on the requests today everyone!

Tuberculosis and gallstones, both on my fad-diet list. C'mon, gimme something proven to work, like cabbage soup. Either way, Red, I hope everything goes well with your surgery and that your recovery is quick and easy!

paranormalchick

Book Worm & YA writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
youngadultbookworm.blogspot.com
Jamie... Good Luck girl (speaking as a nurse...it's a fairly common procedure so I know you'll do great. Most thing I hear people complain about in post-op is that is hurts to breath...but when I hear them they are still really doped up :) So no worries it will probably feel that way because the area they're working in)

June...I have to say I love reading YA from Male POV, they are a definite breath of fresh air to the normal YA MC....try reading When it Happens by Susane Colasanti and Two -Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt. Both of those books I read a couple weeks ago and they have both Male and Female MC's (each chapter is a different MC) and I loved those because I felt like I got into both characters heads

Rebecca...Geeze girl you're a busy bee :) Keep pounding away. Congrats on the request!

Fairy...You're kids are darling :)

Red...Make sure if you switch avatars...get a hot twi pic LMAO that would be awesome :)

ummmmm I think that covers it....there was a lot of posts it's amazing how busy it is here when you miss a day LOL

Enna

back for more
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michelleschusterman.com
MissKris: :e2shower:

Nononono, sorry, I meant....

:Thumbs:

I second the congrats to everyone on all the requests. I need to get off my butt and start sending out queries. You guys are all awesome, good luck!!!!

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
June...I have to say I love reading YA from Male POV, they are a definite breath of fresh air to the normal YA MC....try reading When it Happens by Susane Colasanti and Two -Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt. Both of those books I read a couple weeks ago and they have both Male and Female MC's (each chapter is a different MC) and I loved those because I felt like I got into both characters heads

Thanks for the suggestions, Para. I'll definetly check those out.

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
Morning, Fairy!! Morning everyone!

I just sent the package off to that agent. Eep! I'm excited. :D *ahem* But not THAT excited because I can't get my hopes up. LOL

JamieB

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.jamieblair.blogspot.com
Morning!

Does anyone have response time experience for querying Mark McVeigh, AKA Mr. Tattoo? How long did he have your query before responding June?

Mine was the end of April and I haven't heard anything. I don't know if he's a non responder if not interested....maybe I'll send off another to be sure.

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
Jamie - That's what I'm wondering. I sent mine the 8th and June sent hers the 9th. She's heard back, but I haven't. :( Maybe he's a no responder. :Shrug:

fairy86

Loose on the internet!
Registered
Reaction score
I sent off four new queries this morning. It's so addictive.

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
LOL You go, Fairy! If I wasn't out of people to email, I'd probably send more too. hahaha

Juneluv12

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Morning!

Does anyone have response time experience for querying Mark McVeigh, AKA Mr. Tattoo? How long did he have your query before responding June?

Mine was the end of April and I haven't heard anything. I don't know if he's a non responder if not interested....maybe I'll send off another to be sure.

I emailed him on May 9th, and then he requested it on May 30th. I think his auto response says 4 weeks, and I was beginning to think, "Oh well, what the heck!"

Juneluv12

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
I sent off four new queries this morning. It's so addictive.

"Hi, my name is Krista, and I'm a query addict!"
"Hi Krista!"

Yeah, I've gotta mail off my Road to Damascus manuscript today, so I thought, "What the heck, why don't I send in a few mailed queries while I'm at it!!!"

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
My problem is that I keep a list of who's rejected, who has the MS in hand, the no responders, etc., but I don't have the agency listed. I almost queried someone the other day at an agency that already has an outstanding query. Oops. LOL

Chanelley

Registered
Reaction score
I've been slacking on querying. But I'm going to start back up again now. Just sent three out this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.