PDA

View Full Version : Good grief, Charlie Brown, Yahoo mail is getting ridiculously slow...

James81
03-05-2009, 08:15 PM
...or is it just me? I've tried to get into my inbox all morning and I am simply too impatient to wait more than 30 seconds for the link to load.

I've been noticing this a lot lately. And it's on more than just one computer/internet connection, so I know it's not necessarily on my end.

Anybody else noticing this?

alleycat
03-05-2009, 08:21 PM
I checked my Yahoo! account about half-an-hour ago. I had no problem getting to it, nor did I notice it was slow.

I'll run a test and see how long it takes to get to my account and log in.

ETA: It took me less than ten second to get to Yahoo and log in (and most of that was typing in my username and password).

There could still be a problem at Yahoo. I'm sure they use rooms full of servers. You might be hitting one that has a problem.

The wonderful world of computers . . .

Clair Dickson
03-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Oh... some people sign OUT? What an interesting concept. ;-)

My yahoo mail seems to be moving just fine this morning, with the exception of when I zip over to that window while two other windows are loading from a slow server.

Using Firefox with AdBlocker definitely sped up me email. =) At least I don't have to wait for stupid ads to load.

bsolah
03-06-2009, 02:25 AM
Use gmail. It's way better.

sassandgroove
03-06-2009, 02:30 AM
mine is fine.

i've had my yahoo email for so long I don't want to change becuase there'd be a lot of people to alert. plus, I have yahoo email beta and it is awesome. I don't know when it is just going to be plain yahoo email. Mr. Groove has regular yahoo email and it seems so clunky to me now.

could adware be messing with it? (just posting outloud....)

clockwork
03-06-2009, 02:44 AM
I'm forced to use Yahoo! for my day-job and I loathe it. Mine prioritises loading ads before emails, insists on trying to force my horoscope upon me, update me on stocks I don't own and tell me whether or not it's raining outside. Getting into the inbox requires far too many clicks, some of which have to be repeated because it chooses to ignore certain clicks, seemingly at whim.

I use Gmail for everything else and thank the lord Zeus for it every day.

Samantha's_Song
03-06-2009, 03:27 AM
I could always send you an invite for googlemail, if you would like one, James :)

sassandgroove
03-06-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm forced to use Yahoo! for my day-job and I loathe it. Mine prioritises loading ads before emails, insists on trying to force my horoscope upon me, update me on stocks I don't own and tell me whether or not it's raining outside. Getting into the inbox requires far too many clicks, some of which have to be repeated because it chooses to ignore certain clicks, seemingly at whim.

I use Gmail for everything else and thank the lord Zeus for it every day.I don't get any of that. Why do you have to use Yahoo for work? Just curious.

you could just type www.mail.yahoo.com (http://www.mail.yahoo.com) and bypass the main page.

Bayou Bill
03-06-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm not sure, but the problem might be with IE instead of Yahoo. With Firerox, Yahoo mail seems fine. With IE it takes forever. Don't know if that's limited to my 'puter or not.

By the by, I like Yahoo mail for its spam recognition. I use that addy whenever I have to post a link that can be picked up by spammers.

Bayou Bill :cool:

James81
03-06-2009, 08:17 PM
:roll: @ title change

I almost put that in there myself, actually. :D

clockwork
03-06-2009, 08:43 PM
I don't get any of that. Why do you have to use Yahoo for work? Just curious.

you could just type www.mail.yahoo.com (http://www.mail.yahoo.com) and bypass the main page.

Yeah, but even with that (at least for me, anyway) I get taken to a front page with news headlines, the weather and columns of ads. Not the *actual* inbox which is what you get with gmail (also, no ads or anything except your emails.) Sure, it's only one extra click but... why? And for me it's just slow. I think I prefer the classic layout to the new one but that requires a lot of going back and forth. I wish it weren't slow, I used to use and love Yahoo but I think once they started linking it in with everything else, I just got turned off. VMMV, naturally.

Oh, and I have to use it because the employees all work from home and it's how the company coordinates them. I think they like it for the groups and messenger as well.