Freewriting Web Site

EdCarroll

Registered
Reaction score
I recently found a little site called One Word. It presents a new word each day and provides a sixty-second timer for freewriting.

Sometimes I will read all afternoon about writing in books, magazines or on the web; anything to avoid actually writing. But this site only requires one minute of writing (just enough to jump-start my pen).

I enjoy it so much that I have made it my default Start Page.

Ed

"Write something every day. It doesn't mater what you write, it matters that you write."

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ed, that was fun. Thanks for the link. I probably won't use it everyday, but it is interesting and like I said fun. I'll bookmark the page.

Nita

NaomiRE

Registered
Reaction score
thats good....i was impressed by what i managed to churn out within 60secs...gave me a confidence boost as well as a fantastic excuse to procrastinate! thanks for that one!

screenwriter

Registered
Reaction score
One word rules ... I've been going there for about a week or so now and when I remembered this morning that I forgot to go to it yesterday (the one word changes everyday), I went to the site right away and found that it was still yesterdays word. Whew hoo! So I got to do two words today.

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not bad...

I didn't post, but at least I've managed to get the ol' brain cells working again.

A nice pick-me-up. :)

~Nancy

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I stickied this thread because people seem to find this link a useful prod to the ole brain cells. It would be great if people would be willing to post what they wrote in that minute, along with the word they got...

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Interesting. I usually spend more time thinking than writing, so this was a nice little challenge.

Word: Unfold

What I Wrote:

The sun rises, the wind whispers, and the day opens like a delicate flower's petal, unfolding to bask in the the

Yeah, it's not great, but I'm not used to writing off the top of my head. I think I'll have to do this more often, I'm sure I'll learn a lot about my writing habits this way. :)

~DragonHeart~

rowriter

Bibliophile
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rlcdawriter.blogspot.com
:Clap:
Very cool, thanks so much, Ed! it's a great tool that I'll be using a lot from now on. It's also extremely fun to read through what other people have posted!

I find more and more cool stuff every day I come to this forum! :Hail:

Here's my post, with the word APPARENT:
it was apparent that sally had done nothing but sit and listen to her husband, rankling on and on about his beastly little ties and his ragged shoes. she was tired of listening. she was going to yell at him. she swore it. she swore she would do it tomorrow. it wasn't the right time now; he was so pathetic with his clothes, she couldn't bear to stop him in the middle of it. so she would wait until...

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
A minute passes so quickly! Not a bad way to get my writing juices flowing, thanks for the link.

today's word:
BLANK
I stared at the blank page for just a few seconds before my fingers got busy on the keyboard. Seeing the timer ticking down to zero stressed me out, but I continued with determination.