Are pregnant women sexy?

Atani

Registered
Reaction score
In the backwoods, literally...the tiny country tow
Of course, this is a very personal subject and everyone has their own opinion of what constitutes "sexy," but what do you think in general?

Do you (as a man or woman) find pregnant women to be sexually appealing? My husband seriously seems to love my big, swollen, pregnant body and I'm about convinced he really thinks so, even though I'm not feeling the least bit interested in sex right now (at 35 weeks). I'm thrilled he isn't disgusted by my ever increasing mass, but it's just so hard to believe he really gets so stimulated at seeing my big belly... (the breasts I can understand!) :)

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I'll tell you what--some pregnant women look like they are miserable and unhappy and some pregnant women look blissfully thrilled with their lives. I worked with one gal not long ago who went through two pregnancies while at my office and I swear she never looked more beautiful than when she was pregnant. She was one hot mama! Like everything else, I think it depends on the woman. I looked like a butterball both times, and I seriously doubt that there was anything sexy about me. But . . .one day I walked past, err waddled past a couple of men who hooted and hollered like I was some hottie at the beach in a bikini. It was clear that they were appreciative of my appearance and not just making a joke. I guess it depends on the guy's taste as much as it does on the woman. :)

If you want to see a beautiful example of a sexy pregnant woman, watch the movie Waitress. Sure, she was playing a role, but there's hardly anyone out there prettier than the main character with her prego belly. :)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've had this discussion with some friends who were pregnant. The women seem to think they look awful (as though they were overweight or chunky). I don't know whether I would say I find it sexy, but there is something sort of attractive about a pregnant woman. Something very sweet and natural, if that makes any sense. Or maybe it makes a guy feel protective. The only time I don't like seeing a pregnant woman is in that last stage when they look so uncomfortable; no one wants to watch someone almost in pain.

One of the women I worked with recently left since she was almost at nine months. I did find myself looking at her maybe even more than I did before.

Oh, one thing I have learned, never even in jest tell a pregnant woman she waddles. Trust me on this one.

Last edited:

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I totally waddled. No one had to tell me. LOL!!! I had the duck thing down-pat. I think it's the balance thing. I had to waddle to keep my balance. With both my boys, I had this average sized body and this gigantic belly. I mean, it was really huge. Tape a beachball filled with sand to your belly, and you'll understand the balance issue. :)

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Oh god, abso-fucking-lutely!

I love the big old belly (I always wanted to rub it, and my ex would get mad at me). I love the maternity clothes, and there is just an absolute glow of femininity about a pregnant woman that's not there with other women.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Being pregnant can be liberating for some women. It was for me. I no longer had to worry about having a flat stomach because I wasn't supposed to have one. I loved it when my ex rubbed my belly because it was the one time I felt like it looked exactly as it was supposed to. And the boobs. The boobs were great while they lasted.

Atani

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, one thing I have learned, never even in jest tell a pregnant woman she waddles. Trust me on this one.

Ha! that's good advice :) I didn't waddle with my first, but I sure do now. It's not so much balance for me, but this little boy likes to lie low... so it presses on the bottom of the pelvis & those bones ache with every step! But in general, it is very awkward to get around (& up & down) when you've got a nearly full sized newborn in your 'belly.'

Atani

Registered
Reaction score
Oh god, abso-fucking-lutely!

I love the big old belly (I always wanted to rub it, and my ex would get mad at me). I love the maternity clothes, and there is just an absolute glow of femininity about a pregnant woman that's not there with other women.

Sweet; you sound just like my husband! :) Glad to have a second opinion!

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Sweet; you sound just like my husband! :) Glad to have a second opinion!

Great, now I want to rub a prenant woman's belly.

Any advice on how I can do that without being arrested?

Rarri

Registered
Reaction score
I think it depends on the woman really. We just had a playdate with my friend and her wee girl; my friend's around 4 months pregnant now and just looks amazing. On the other hand, despite what my husband said, i never felt sexy when i was pregnant: i was either being sick or sleeping!

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I loved being pregnant and felt quite sexy indeed. Male strangers were never allowed to touch the burgeoning merchandise, however.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Depends on where you are. You're not near Austin, Texas are you?

Sadly no.

*goes off to price how much a plane ticket would be*

:tongue:

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I was having my first baby, I ONLY gained weight in the stomach, nowhere else. So I felt good, had lots of energy.

For my second, pretty much the same thing. I was even playing volleyball when I was about 6 or 7 months pregnant. I had lots of energy.

For my third....wow. I don't know what happened. I think the more times you're pregnant, the bigger you get. At the end I felt like a big huge whale. I remember writing in my journal how unattractive I felt. And I was so sick of maternity clothes.

I think some of it depends on how your partner treats you, if he says things that make you feel good about yourself. That helps a lot.

2old2pb

This Is Serious Mum!
Registered
Reaction score
Hell yes!! I could hardly keep my hands off my wife when she was pregnant.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My husband seemed to be more overtly jealous when I was pregnant than he otherwise is...glowering at some random dude when he took me out for dinner one night, for example. He insisted that the man was ogling me. I had my back to them the whole time, so I seriously doubt that, lol. Normally, he doesn't display any jealousy whatsoever, so I guess the answer for him would be, yeah, for sure!

Personally, during the second trimester of all but my last pregnancy (I was really sick with my youngest), I felt awesome. My hair was even thicker than normal and shiny without the help of a flat iron, my skin and nails were fabulous, I had lots of energy, and the girls were a little bigger, lol. I felt sexier, for sure.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I have to say that I think pregnant women can look cute, healthy, happy, and poofy-haired while they're pregnant, but not sexy.

I had a frank discussion with my husband about this during both pregnancies and we just both had to laugh. The closest I got to 'sexy' was 'ridiculous'. I felt just fine, but I looked like a WeebleWobble with legs. And boobs.

Sex was still fun, but I didn't get the rush of libido that some women do. That was disappointing.

I think it's very neat that some men find pregnancy sexy. Mine didn't. Either way is fine as long as everyone's being kind.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have to say that I think pregnant women can look cute, healthy, happy, and poofy-haired while they're pregnant, but not sexy.

I had a frank discussion with my husband about this during both pregnancies and we just both had to laugh. The closest I got to 'sexy' was 'ridiculous'. I felt just fine, but I looked like a WeebleWobble with legs. And boobs.

Sex was still fun, but I didn't get the rush of libido that some women do. That was disappointing.

I think it's very neat that some men find pregnancy sexy. Mine didn't. Either way is fine as long as everyone's being kind.

That's a bummer. That's the part I considered to be my "bonus" (in addition to the lack of a monthly visitor) during pregnancy. :D

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score

I'd say so ;-)

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
There is a inner glow almost like a cast of impending fertility that surrounds a pregnant woman and men are very suseptable to its influence. For one thing, and the libbers out here will hate this, but a real man is at his best when a woman is at her most vulnerable. There is a primal sort of sexual aggressiveness towards a pregnant woman in that she is vulnrable, and obviously open to the idea of sex, since her condition proves it. Its a serious turn on...

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I certainly never felt sexy. Hubby thought so although, one day, I was lying on the sofa, belly-up, and he said....... "You look like The Pennines".