PDA

View Full Version : Are pregnant women sexy?

Atani
03-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Of course, this is a very personal subject and everyone has their own opinion of what constitutes "sexy," but what do you think in general?

Do you (as a man or woman) find pregnant women to be sexually appealing? My husband seriously seems to love my big, swollen, pregnant body and I'm about convinced he really thinks so, even though I'm not feeling the least bit interested in sex right now (at 35 weeks). I'm thrilled he isn't disgusted by my ever increasing mass, but it's just so hard to believe he really gets so stimulated at seeing my big belly... (the breasts I can understand!) :)

CaroGirl
03-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Yes!

Carole
03-04-2009, 10:11 PM
I'll tell you what--some pregnant women look like they are miserable and unhappy and some pregnant women look blissfully thrilled with their lives. I worked with one gal not long ago who went through two pregnancies while at my office and I swear she never looked more beautiful than when she was pregnant. She was one hot mama! Like everything else, I think it depends on the woman. I looked like a butterball both times, and I seriously doubt that there was anything sexy about me. But . . .one day I walked past, err waddled past a couple of men who hooted and hollered like I was some hottie at the beach in a bikini. It was clear that they were appreciative of my appearance and not just making a joke. I guess it depends on the guy's taste as much as it does on the woman. :)

If you want to see a beautiful example of a sexy pregnant woman, watch the movie Waitress. Sure, she was playing a role, but there's hardly anyone out there prettier than the main character with her prego belly. :)

alleycat
03-04-2009, 10:14 PM
I've had this discussion with some friends who were pregnant. The women seem to think they look awful (as though they were overweight or chunky). I don't know whether I would say I find it sexy, but there is something sort of attractive about a pregnant woman. Something very sweet and natural, if that makes any sense. Or maybe it makes a guy feel protective. The only time I don't like seeing a pregnant woman is in that last stage when they look so uncomfortable; no one wants to watch someone almost in pain.

One of the women I worked with recently left since she was almost at nine months. I did find myself looking at her maybe even more than I did before.

Oh, one thing I have learned, never even in jest tell a pregnant woman she waddles. Trust me on this one.

Carole
03-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Oh, I totally waddled. No one had to tell me. LOL!!! I had the duck thing down-pat. I think it's the balance thing. I had to waddle to keep my balance. With both my boys, I had this average sized body and this gigantic belly. I mean, it was really huge. Tape a beachball filled with sand to your belly, and you'll understand the balance issue. :)

James81
03-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Oh god, abso-fucking-lutely!

I love the big old belly (I always wanted to rub it, and my ex would get mad at me). I love the maternity clothes, and there is just an absolute glow of femininity about a pregnant woman that's not there with other women.

Carole
03-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Being pregnant can be liberating for some women. It was for me. I no longer had to worry about having a flat stomach because I wasn't supposed to have one. I loved it when my ex rubbed my belly because it was the one time I felt like it looked exactly as it was supposed to. And the boobs. The boobs were great while they lasted.

Atani
03-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Oh, one thing I have learned, never even in jest tell a pregnant woman she waddles. Trust me on this one.

Ha! that's good advice :) I didn't waddle with my first, but I sure do now. It's not so much balance for me, but this little boy likes to lie low... so it presses on the bottom of the pelvis & those bones ache with every step! But in general, it is very awkward to get around (& up & down) when you've got a nearly full sized newborn in your 'belly.'

Atani
03-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Oh god, abso-fucking-lutely!

I love the big old belly (I always wanted to rub it, and my ex would get mad at me). I love the maternity clothes, and there is just an absolute glow of femininity about a pregnant woman that's not there with other women.

Sweet; you sound just like my husband! :) Glad to have a second opinion!

James81
03-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Sweet; you sound just like my husband! :) Glad to have a second opinion!

Great, now I want to rub a prenant woman's belly.

Any advice on how I can do that without being arrested?

Rarri
03-04-2009, 10:28 PM
I think it depends on the woman really. We just had a playdate with my friend and her wee girl; my friend's around 4 months pregnant now and just looks amazing. On the other hand, despite what my husband said, i never felt sexy when i was pregnant: i was either being sick or sleeping!

Atani
03-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Great, now I want to rub a prenant woman's belly.

Any advice on how I can do that without being arrested?

Depends on where you are. You're not near Austin, Texas are you? (or you can just ask a pregnant woman... ALWAYS ask first though)

CaroGirl
I loved being pregnant and felt quite sexy indeed. Male strangers were never allowed to touch the burgeoning merchandise, however.

James81
Depends on where you are. You're not near Austin, Texas are you?

Sadly no.

*goes off to price how much a plane ticket would be*

:tongue:

Atani
03-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Sadly no.

*goes off to price how much a plane ticket would be*

:tongue:

:roll:

rhymegirl
03-04-2009, 11:46 PM
When I was having my first baby, I ONLY gained weight in the stomach, nowhere else. So I felt good, had lots of energy.

For my second, pretty much the same thing. I was even playing volleyball when I was about 6 or 7 months pregnant. I had lots of energy.

For my third....wow. I don't know what happened. I think the more times you're pregnant, the bigger you get. At the end I felt like a big huge whale. I remember writing in my journal how unattractive I felt. And I was so sick of maternity clothes.

I think some of it depends on how your partner treats you, if he says things that make you feel good about yourself. That helps a lot.

2old2pb
03-04-2009, 11:49 PM
Hell yes!! I could hardly keep my hands off my wife when she was pregnant.

Cranky
03-05-2009, 12:00 AM
My husband seemed to be more overtly jealous when I was pregnant than he otherwise is...glowering at some random dude when he took me out for dinner one night, for example. He insisted that the man was ogling me. I had my back to them the whole time, so I seriously doubt that, lol. Normally, he doesn't display any jealousy whatsoever, so I guess the answer for him would be, yeah, for sure!

Personally, during the second trimester of all but my last pregnancy (I was really sick with my youngest), I felt awesome. My hair was even thicker than normal and shiny without the help of a flat iron, my skin and nails were fabulous, I had lots of energy, and the girls were a little bigger, lol. I felt sexier, for sure.

Perks
03-05-2009, 12:19 AM
I have to say that I think pregnant women can look cute, healthy, happy, and poofy-haired while they're pregnant, but not sexy.

I had a frank discussion with my husband about this during both pregnancies and we just both had to laugh. The closest I got to 'sexy' was 'ridiculous'. I felt just fine, but I looked like a WeebleWobble with legs. And boobs.

Sex was still fun, but I didn't get the rush of libido that some women do. That was disappointing.

I think it's very neat that some men find pregnancy sexy. Mine didn't. Either way is fine as long as everyone's being kind.

Cranky
03-05-2009, 12:21 AM
I have to say that I think pregnant women can look cute, healthy, happy, and poofy-haired while they're pregnant, but not sexy.

I had a frank discussion with my husband about this during both pregnancies and we just both had to laugh. The closest I got to 'sexy' was 'ridiculous'. I felt just fine, but I looked like a WeebleWobble with legs. And boobs.

Sex was still fun, but I didn't get the rush of libido that some women do. That was disappointing.

I think it's very neat that some men find pregnancy sexy. Mine didn't. Either way is fine as long as everyone's being kind.

That's a bummer. That's the part I considered to be my "bonus" (in addition to the lack of a monthly visitor) during pregnancy. :D

Ken
03-05-2009, 12:28 AM
http://www.aolcdn.com/aolnews_photos/01/07/20080326113909990010

I'd say so ;-)

Don Allen
03-05-2009, 12:29 AM
There is a inner glow almost like a cast of impending fertility that surrounds a pregnant woman and men are very suseptable to its influence. For one thing, and the libbers out here will hate this, but a real man is at his best when a woman is at her most vulnerable. There is a primal sort of sexual aggressiveness towards a pregnant woman in that she is vulnrable, and obviously open to the idea of sex, since her condition proves it. Its a serious turn on...

Perks
03-05-2009, 12:32 AM
and the libbers out here will hate thisThe libbers? What's a libber, Don, eh?

Perks
03-05-2009, 12:34 AM
Oh wait. I think I got it - libbers as in women's lib-ers. I see.

firedrake
03-05-2009, 12:35 AM
I certainly never felt sexy. Hubby thought so although, one day, I was lying on the sofa, belly-up, and he said....... "You look like The Pennines".

Perks
03-05-2009, 12:36 AM
http://www.aolcdn.com/aolnews_photos/01/07/20080326113909990010

See, that's interesting to me. Not sexy. I think she looks amazing and healthy and even gorgeous, but I don't think sex, I think massive science project.

I think perhaps I am a nerd, but pregnancy is fascinating.

Atani
03-05-2009, 12:37 AM
There is a inner glow almost like a cast of impending fertility that surrounds a pregnant woman and men are very suseptable to its influence. For one thing, and the libbers out here will hate this, but a real man is at his best when a woman is at her most vulnerable. There is a primal sort of sexual aggressiveness towards a pregnant woman in that she is vulnrable, and obviously open to the idea of sex, since her condition proves it. Its a serious turn on...

That's an interesting take on it.

Atani
03-05-2009, 12:44 AM
I certainly never felt sexy. Hubby thought so although, one day, I was lying on the sofa, belly-up, and he said....... "You look like The Pennines".

That reminds me of a funny story my mom told me about when she was pregnant with me... My dad told her she looked like the Kool-Aid pitcher character (from TV commercials). Needless to say, that was NOT something she wanted to hear. My dad is not the most sensitive guy...

popbunny
03-05-2009, 12:45 AM
Being a preggo (for the third time now) I think I'm still sexy when I'm pregnant, and so does my husband.

James81
03-05-2009, 12:53 AM

And, this may sound weird for a guy to say, but it's even more of a turn on when you know the baby is yours. The idea of getting a girl pregnant is kind of a turn on to me (although I don't see me doing it any more than at MOST two more times and hopefully that will be with someone that I can't imagine not being in my life).

Perhaps the idea behind that is that on a psychological level it assures us that there is nothing wrong with out "seed" thus stroking the ole' ego.

At the end of the day, though, I just think pregancy adds a HUGE dose of femininity to a woman. Not just in the fact that she's pregnant, but with the way it sort of makes her come alive. It's almost like this is what her body was meant for (on a purely evolutionary level of course). Plus the maternity clothes have a certain feminine air about them too.

Ken
03-05-2009, 01:02 AM
...when women are pregnant their chests, also, swell.
(Not to say that essentially matters. All sizes are sexy :-)

Atani
03-05-2009, 01:15 AM
(Not to say that essentially matters. All sizes are sexy :-)

Yeah... those mammary glands fill up with milk...

Don Allen
03-05-2009, 01:26 AM
SORRY PERKS.... You know i spend most of my time in PC&E Yes, correct Women Libbers, not that there's anything wrong with them...

Perks
Yeah... those mammary glands fill up with milk...Lol! Very sexy. That's terrible funny. And unless you've grown up accustomed to great big bosoms, suddenly having a set is super bizarre.

Don Allen
And, this may sound weird for a guy to say, but it's even more of a turn on when you know the baby is yours. The idea of getting a girl pregnant is kind of a turn on to me (although I don't see me doing it any more than at MOST two more times and hopefully that will be with someone that I can't imagine not being in my life).

Perhaps the idea behind that is that on a psychological level it assures us that there is nothing wrong with out "seed" thus stroking the ole' ego.

At the end of the day, though, I just think pregancy adds a HUGE dose of femininity to a woman. Not just in the fact that she's pregnant, but with the way it sort of makes her come alive. It's almost like this is what her body was meant for (on a purely evolutionary level of course). Plus the maternity clothes have a certain feminine air about them too.

YOU,,,,,,,WOULD BE CORRECT......

Perks
03-05-2009, 01:29 AM
Women Libbers, not that there's anything wrong with them...My guess is there's just as much wrong with them as is likely to be found (percentage-wise) in the general population of real, live, normal people. They probably even get ingrown toenails and the hiccups.

Cranky
03-05-2009, 01:29 AM
Lol! Very sexy. That's terrible funny. And unless you've grown up accustomed to great big bosoms, suddenly having a set is super bizarre.

It made me cry when I saw I could fit into a D cup. And not happy tears, either. I was glad when I stopped nursing and they went back to their "normal" size. I felt like boobs on a stick until they did.

Perks
03-05-2009, 01:30 AM
It made me cry when I saw I could fit into a D cup. And not happy tears, either. I was glad when I stopped nursing and they went back to their "normal" size. I felt like boobs on a stick until they did.But you were sexy and I'm sure that made up for any discomfort or awkwardness you felt.

Cranky
03-05-2009, 01:31 AM
But you were sexy and I'm sure that made up for any discomfort or awkwardness you felt.

LOL, not really. But that was towards the end, so I felt like a bloated whale instead of a sexpot.

Shadow_Ferret
Not the way I understand the definition of the word sexy.

Atani
It made me cry when I saw I could fit into a D cup. And not happy tears, either. I was glad when I stopped nursing and they went back to their "normal" size. I felt like boobs on a stick until they did.

Unfortunately, when they return to "normal" size... they lose the firmness of youth, or at least mine did. I felt like I had empty sacks instead of breasts! Maybe that doesn't happen to other women though :(

Don Allen
03-05-2009, 01:33 AM

You have know idea how "Hot" that sounds.....lol chow chow guys....

James81
03-05-2009, 01:34 AM
Unfortunately, when they return to "normal" size... they lose the firmness of youth, or at least mine did. I felt like I had empty sacks instead of breasts! Maybe that doesn't happen to other women though :(

Are there any exercises or what not that can firm up a breast?

Cranky
03-05-2009, 01:36 AM

You can build up the pectoral muscles, but when the tissue is gone, there's nothing you can do except replace it some way or other (silicone, collagen, etc.), or give the girls a lift.

Though I will say that a well-fitting bra does help minimize the issue, at least for me.

Shadow_Ferret

Far as I know, breasts don't have muscles. The muscle is underneath.

Cranky
You have know idea how "Hot" that sounds.....lol chow chow guys....

Oh dear. :roll:

NeuroFizz
03-05-2009, 01:42 AM
What's all this talk of women's livers?

And about the only way to firm up breasts is to tighten up Cooper's ligaments which get stretched with age, but even more so when breasts do their jobs and lactate. Cooper's droop is an accurate moniker.

Cranky
03-05-2009, 01:43 AM
What's all this talk of women's livers?

And about the only way to firm up breasts is to tighten up Cooper's ligaments which get stretched with age, but even more so when breasts do their jobs and lactate. Cooper's droop is an accurate moniker.

So, that's what gets a tune up when you get a breast lift? Cooper's ligaments? Huh. Interesting little factoid. :)

Perks
03-05-2009, 01:43 AM
Are there any exercises or what not that can firm up a breast?Are there any exercises that can turn skin into something other than skin?

In a word, no.

Atani
03-05-2009, 01:49 AM
Sorry boys, milk-filled breasts are big, but be careful! They can surprise you when the woman is stimulated... that may not be so sexy!!!

James81
03-05-2009, 01:52 AM
Are there any exercises that can turn skin into something other than skin?

In a word, no.

Sadly, I know nothing about breasts other than they look great and make for a great snack.

Perks
03-05-2009, 01:53 AM
Sadly, I know nothing about breasts other than they look great and make for a great snack.You are seriously weird in your phraseology.

And elsewhere I'd guess.

scarletpeaches
03-05-2009, 01:57 AM
Well I'm just gonna kill myself now because I'll never have that uber-feminine glow of a pregnant brood mare after mah big ol' strong caveman splurted his baby-gravy up my fairy cave and did his job right, keeping me barefoot and pregnant.

At least I'll die with pert breasts.

James81
03-05-2009, 02:01 AM
barefoot and pregnant.

I always thought the whole barefoot and pregnant thing was awesome.

You are seriously weird in your phraseology.

And elsewhere I'd guess.

I'm just a weird person in general.

scarletpeaches
03-05-2009, 02:03 AM
Well I guess I'll just have to find a man who doesn't find pregnant women sexy, because I never will be. I hope.

34b since you ask, and they can't hide a pencil.

rhymegirl
03-05-2009, 02:08 AM

Well, yes, that's true. I forgot about that part.

Okay, then I did gain weight somewhere besides the tummy.

Feiss
03-05-2009, 02:10 AM
Well I'm just gonna kill myself now because I'll never have that uber-feminine glow of a pregnant brood mare after mah big ol' strong caveman splurted his baby-gravy up my fairy cave and did his job right, keeping me barefoot and pregnant.

You. Are. Awesome.

Earthiness scares me b'c I'm a big ole prude. On some level, when I see a pregnant lady I sense her sensuality, but then I'm like, "she must be so in touch with her body, and womanly", and then i feel slightly sad b'c I am all edges and concrete.

Feiss
03-05-2009, 02:12 AM
I always thought the whole barefoot and pregnant thing was awesome.

I feel the same way about Pegging.

scarletpeaches
03-05-2009, 02:13 AM
Being pregnant has nothing to do with being in touch with your sexuality. It's a game of chance, not skill.

By that I mean, it doesn't take any nipple-tassling, lap-dancing, furniture-breaking magicks on the woman's part for a tadpole to get through.

I find people who are comfortable in their own skin to be sexy. Usually you can tell in the first instant of meeting them. Confident without being cocky, handsome or beautiful in the sense of looking after themselves, not too shy, not too in your face.

THAT'S sexy to me, not a blatant show of "I've been fucked and got knocked up."

ANYONE can get pregnant. Not everyone can have that aura of pure sex.

firedrake
03-05-2009, 02:17 AM

Lucky cow.

Atani
03-05-2009, 02:25 AM

Not unless you die young. Breast tissue deteriorates with age... hence the many jokes about breasts sagging to your knees as an old woman.

Anyway, I do agree that sexiness is indeed an individual thing and not in any way determined by fertility. The guys here seem to find pregnancy sexy due to a masculine feeling of 'success' of their little swimmers or something of the sort. But generally, this is about wondering how pregnant women are seen in the eyes of both men and women. Of course women are just as sexy if they never get pregnant, that's not the issue.

Feiss
03-05-2009, 02:25 AM
Being pregnant has nothing to do with being in touch with your sexuality. It's a game of chance, not skill.

By that I mean, it doesn't take any nipple-tassling, lap-dancing, furniture-breaking magicks on the woman's part for a tadpole to get through.

I find people who are comfortable in their own skin to be sexy. Usually you can tell in the first instant of meeting them. Confident without being cocky, handsome or beautiful in the sense of looking after themselves, not too shy, not too in your face.

I'm the awkwardest awkward ever. Sometimes my arm will shoot out and slap people of its own volition, and my buck teeth will whistle when I breathe.

James81
03-05-2009, 02:26 AM

1. Not just anyone can get pregnant.

2. You're a woman, of course your gauge of sexiness is going to be based more on personality traits as opposed to physical beauty.

Feiss
03-05-2009, 02:28 AM
1. Not just anyone can get pregnant.

2. You're a woman, of course your gauge of sexiness is going to be based more on personality traits as opposed to physical beauty.

Oh no you DIDN'T! Where's my strap-on?

scarletpeaches
03-05-2009, 02:29 AM
Wow.

Just...wow.

I really can't believe people like you exist.

Listen, dude, *I* say what my gauge of sexiness is based on, not you, and believe you me, physical beauty DOES come into it far more than you seem to think.

Jesus.

James81
03-05-2009, 02:29 AM
The guys here seem to find pregnancy sexy due to a masculine feeling of 'success' of their little swimmers or something of the sort.

Heh, well I certainly wasn't speaking for all guys when I said that. And it is just one small reason.

There's a myriad of reasons why pregnant women are sexy. The reasons I've listed (such as "success of the swimmers") are more my attempts at looking at the psychology behind WHY I felt that way.

it's not like on any conscious level I'm like "Damn, I knocked her up. I feel good about myself now and that makes her more attractive to me." But on the subconscious level, that's probably one of the reasons.

On the conscious level, my reasons for finding it sexy are simply because of the glow that pregnant women have, the femininity the surrounds it, and the way they dress.

Perks
03-05-2009, 02:30 AM
Well, not to worry, SP and Feiss, apparently I accidentally missed my sexiest twenty months without realizing. Darn the luck.

Atani
03-05-2009, 02:31 AM
Heh, well I certainly wasn't speaking for all guys when I said that. And it is just one small reason.

There's a myriad of reasons why pregnant women are sexy. The reasons I've listed (such as "success of the swimmers") are more my attempts at looking at the psychology behind WHY I felt that way.

it's not like on any conscious level I'm like "Damn, I knocked her up. I feel good about myself now and that makes her more attractive to me." But on the subconscious level, that's probably one of the reasons.

On the conscious level, my reasons for finding it sexy are simply because of the glow that pregnant women have, the femininity the surrounds it, and the way they dress.

Sorry to generalize :) I respect your feelings, and I'm glad to know that you genuinely find pregnant women appealing whatever the reasons are.

scarletpeaches
03-05-2009, 02:31 AM
Well, not to worry, SP and Feiss, apparently I accidentally missed my sexiest twenty months without realizing. Darn the luck.

Me and her will donate one boob each to save your spaniels' ears and we'll be an unholy trinity of one-pert-boobed women.

Feiss
03-05-2009, 02:32 AM
yes, women judge by personality, and men judge by looks. I guess that's why there's a manprawn thread that's alive and well and no ladyprawn thread.

Perks
03-05-2009, 02:33 AM
Me and her will donate one boob each to save your spaniels' ears and we'll be an unholy trinity of one-pert-boobed women.You're psychotic, but generous. We'll see if Feiss is up for it.

scarletpeaches
03-05-2009, 02:34 AM
Course she is. She's the one holding the knife.

Feiss
Me and her will donate one boob each to save your spaniels' ears and we'll be an unholy trinity of one-pert-boobed women.

Look, just cause i have three doesn't mean you can donate one w/o my consent, even though I do so love it when you do things w/o my consent. Dirty Wench.

James81
Wow.

Just...wow.

I really can't believe people like you exist.

Listen, dude, *I* say what my gauge of sexiness is based on, not you, and believe you me, physical beauty DOES come into it far more than you seem to think.

Jesus.

Meh. Whatever.

It's not my opinion. There is psychology that backs up what I am saying. And that psychology suggests:

1. That men are far more visual than women, and hence are attracted MORESO (key word there...not ALL, but moreso) on looks than personality, evne though personality DOES come into play. An example: Paris Hilton is a physcially beautiful woman, but because I think of her as an absolute horror of a human being, I am not attracted to her.

2. That women are attracted to men based more on personality traits (such as confidence..a word that YOU used). Looks do play a factor into it, but not nearly as much as for men. An example is the one where you see a couple and you are like "Wow, how the hell did HE end up with HER?"

I wasn't trying to tell you ANYTHING about your attraction to men. You did that yourself and your post was pretty much confirmation of what I said. *shrugs*

Red-Green
03-05-2009, 02:36 AM
I have never been pregnant, but once in my single days I went to a Halloween party as...a pregnant Girl Scout. I don't know, it seemed funny at the time. The weird thing, this guy was hitting on me all night, flirting, asking if I had boyfriend. Got my number. Called and asked me out. When he picked me up for the date, he was stunned and disappointed that I wasn't really pregnant.

Some men definitely find pregnant women attractive. He did not ask me out again.

Feiss
03-05-2009, 02:39 AM
2. That women are attracted to men based more on personality traits (such as confidence..a word that YOU used). Looks do play a factor into it, but not nearly as much as for men. An example is the one where you see a couple and you are like "Wow, how the hell did HE end up with HER?"

Sir, you pointed out SP personally in your post as someone who'd be attracted to men for their personality instead of looks, because she's a woman.

So obviously, you aren't considering the nuances, you're saying, this test tells me this is true for SOME women, so it must be true for ALL WOMEN.

Feiss
03-05-2009, 02:40 AM
I have never been pregnant, but once in my single days I went to a Halloween party as...a pregnant Girl Scout. I don't know, it seemed funny at the time. The weird thing, this guy was hitting on me all night, flirting, asking if I had boyfriend. Got my number. Called and asked me out. When he picked me up for the date, he was stunned and disappointed that I wasn't really pregnant.

Some men definitely find pregnant women attractive. He did not ask me out again.

That is...sick and awesome all at the same time, in so many ways.

rhymegirl
03-05-2009, 02:41 AM
Oh whoa.

I don't think any woman here is saying, "Being pregnant made me sexy."
If a woman happens to feel sexy when she's pregnant, or her husband finds her sexy, so be it.

It doesn't mean non-pregnant women aren't sexy. Is this turning into some kind of competition?

Atani
03-05-2009, 02:42 AM

That's kind of creepy... not because he thought a pregnant woman was sexy...but because you were dressed as a pregnant GIRL SCOUT! Ewww, makes him seem, well, perverted.

Atani
03-05-2009, 02:45 AM
Oh whoa.

I don't think any woman here is saying, "Being pregnant made me sexy."
If a woman happens to feel sexy when she's pregnant, or her husband finds her sexy, so be it.

It doesn't mean non-pregnant women aren't sexy. Is this turning into some kind of competition?

Yeah, I don't think this was ever intended to be a comparison as to whether pregnant or nonpregnant women are sexier. I was looking for opinions strictly about how pregnant women are viewed in terms of their sexual appeal.

I certainly felt much sexier when I was in top notch physical shape kicking the guys asses in my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu school. But my husband is just as, if not more, attracted to me now.

James81
So obviously, you aren't considering the nuances, you're saying, this test tells me this is true for SOME women, so it must be true for ALL WOMEN.

No, I base my opinions on psychology and (more importantly) on my own personal experience with women.

And nothing I say is all-encompassing. If you are one of the women who are not like that, then good for you. Most women, however, are like that.

And stop treating it as if what I said was such a negative thing. You all should be proud of yourselves. You are attracted based on more than skin and flesh. That's a compliment.

2old2pb
That reminds me of a funny story my mom told me about when she was pregnant with me... My dad told her she looked like the Kool-Aid pitcher character (from TV commercials). Needless to say, that was NOT something she wanted to hear. My dad is not the most sensitive guy...

Maybe he was like, "Oh yeah, Kool-Aid here bringin' a smile..."????

Feiss
03-05-2009, 02:54 AM
And nothing I say is all-encompassing. If you are one of the women who are not like that, then good for you. Most women, however, are like that.

OK, but you just said:

Which is pretty all-encompassing.

and you do it again here:

And stop treating it as if what I said was such a negative thing. You all should be proud of yourselves. You are attracted based on more than skin and flesh. That's a compliment.

Personally, I judge sexiness based on the cuddlability of a man's bum.

scarletpeaches
03-05-2009, 02:55 AM
Except if he loses control of his bowels, of course.

Shadow_Ferret
03-05-2009, 02:56 AM
Thead appears to be getting out of hand.

scarletpeaches
03-05-2009, 02:57 AM
That happened a few pages back, Fuzzface.

The aforementioned bowelpost was me trying to use humour to...well, god knows what.

Probably best I back out now.

Feiss
Thead appears to be getting out of hand.

As things tend to when SP and Feiss unite. It's like the power rangers forming a megazord, or Rita Repulsa making her monsters giant.

James81
OK, but you just said:

Which is pretty all-encompassing.

and you do it again here:

Personally, I judge sexiness based on the cuddlability of a man's bum.

Sexiness and attraction are two different things.

Paris Hilton is sexy, to me, but she's hideously unattractive.

Perks
03-05-2009, 02:58 AM
The good news is, that before the thread got locked, we did determine that it's not drastically hideous to be pregnant.

And I think that's happy.

James81
03-05-2009, 02:59 AM
As things tend to when SP and Feiss unite. It's like the power rangers forming a megazord, or Rita Repulsa making her monsters giant.

And I'm like the incredible hulk, just chewing through the thread, destroying everything in sight, and growling a lot.

So yeah, let's make a pact on this night of nights. We do not all three enter the same thread again for the fear that if we do, we might destroy the space time continuum.

Atani
03-05-2009, 03:00 AM
The good news is, that before the thread got locked, we did determine that it's not drastically hideous to be pregnant.

That's very good news. I can go home and feel that my husband is truly being honest when he says I'm sexy. And speaking of that, it's time to get off work, (yeah, I've worked REAL hard this afternoon!), so bye bye til tomorrow y'all!!! :)

scarletpeaches
03-05-2009, 03:00 AM

I also hope my lack of fecundity doesn't wipe out any chance I have of pulling in the future.

Yay me, I used 'fecundity' in a post. I wonder if I could slip a 'gravid' in there too?

Okay okay, I'm going. Lori just signed in to MSN so I have trouble to cause over there.

Feiss
03-05-2009, 03:01 AM
And I'm like the incredible hulk, just chewing through the thread, destroying everything in sight, and growling a lot.

So yeah, let's make a pact on this night of nights. We do not all three enter the same thread again for the fear that if we do, we might destroy the space time continuum.

lol, ok, but you leave first.

Feiss
03-05-2009, 03:04 AM
That's very good news. I can go home and feel that my husband is truly being honest when he says I'm sexy. And speaking of that, it's time to get off work, (yeah, I've worked REAL hard this afternoon!), so bye bye til tomorrow y'all!!! :)

And I can dream of a day where I might not feel quite as awkward and misplaced as i always have.

Clair Dickson
Ah yes, another thread about personal preference where some generalizations are made based on experience and some people get all upset because they don't fit the generalizations.

There's noting wrong with being part of a generalization and nothing wrong with not being part of it.

And I don't think pregnant women are sexy... I don't get turned on by women in general, so perhaps I'm not the best judge. (Though I am looking forward to being pregnant and getting some boobs. Just for a little while.) I do think that a woman who takes care of herself looks great. Same with guys. I hate slumpy looking slobs... (And I admit, I hate the "belly" shirts that are popular with pregnant women. To me, it looks like they can't afford clothes that fit. But that's personal opinion, and I'm not about to attack anyone who doesn't agree with my world view.)

James81
lol, ok, but you leave first.

Ouch.

*awkward silence*

Feiss
03-05-2009, 03:07 AM
Ah yes, another thread about personal preference where some generalizations are made based on experience and some people get all upset because they don't fit the generalizations.

There's noting wrong with being part of a generalization and nothing wrong with not being part of it.

Some people might feel like there's something wrong with being part of a generalization or not being part of a generalization!

You're generalizing or maybe not generalizing, and I demand you stop it!

>_<

Feiss
03-05-2009, 03:08 AM
Ouch.

*awkward silence*

*honks*

don't be awkward, let's be friends.

James81
03-05-2009, 03:10 AM
*honks*

don't be awkward, let's be friends.

*fidgets nervously*

Feiss
03-05-2009, 03:13 AM
*fidgets nervously*

*pulls out a few strands of hair and burns them*

jennifer75
03-05-2009, 03:15 AM
I'll tell you what--some pregnant women look like they are miserable and unhappy and some pregnant women look blissfully thrilled with their lives.

Amen.

Feiss
03-05-2009, 03:38 AM
*pulls out a few strands of hair and burns them*

I don't know where that came from.
oh wait, I do, it came from I'm insane.

James81
03-05-2009, 03:54 AM
*takes the ashes and uses it to flavor his coffee*

Oh look, I'm insane too.

Feiss
03-05-2009, 03:56 AM
*takes the ashes and uses it to flavor his coffee*

Oh look, I'm insane too.

My hair is made of pregnant women. You're drinking the very thing you find sexy.

freeeeeak

James81
03-05-2009, 03:58 AM
My hair is made of pregnant women. You're drinking the very thing you find sexy.

freeeeeak

I only wish there was a way to gel it up so that I could smear it all over my body.

Feiss
03-05-2009, 04:07 AM
I only wish there was a way to gel it up so that I could smear it all over my body.

LOL. You win this one, sir.

2old2pb
03-05-2009, 04:16 AM

You could mix it with Dep.

Feiss
03-05-2009, 04:21 AM
You could mix it with Dep.

mmm....pregnant hair mixed w/ johnny depp.

hey, wait, if hair is pregnant, does it mean it has lice?

CACTUSWENDY
03-05-2009, 04:35 AM
The only times I don't think a woman looks very sexy is when she is trying to look sexy...wearing super revealling clothes and such.

The fruitfullness of a woman that takes care of herself while pg is usually pretty nice. Clean hair, fresh skin, clean clothes, and that glow that comes from being pg has a very nice look. Usually the last month is the killer on looks. lol. Some women can pull that off well also.

I never felt better then when I was pg. Loved it and I guess it showed.

WittyWordsmith
03-05-2009, 04:42 AM
I've always thought that a healthy pregnant woman was gorgeous. Now, when a woman is so large you can't tell that she's at all pregnant, that's different, that's not healthy in my eyes. And I am not talking about a woman that feels so large she doesn't think she looks pregnant, I'm talking about being so huge BEFORE being pregnant so much that the belly doesn't change in 9 months... I only say this because I know a few people in this category; end of rant on that tho.

So yes, pregnancy is beautiful to me, but I don't know about SEXy. My husband is one who thinks there's nothing sexier on earth than a pregnant woman, which makes me excited to one day be pregnant. A joke from before we were dating was that our friends were going to buy him a Prego Workout video in lieu of porn, haha. I do understand the feelings behind the attraction, I just don't share them to the same degree.

robeiae
03-05-2009, 05:43 AM
There is a inner glow almost like a cast of impending fertility that surrounds a pregnant woman...
Sweat.

Silver King
03-05-2009, 07:42 AM
I'm surprised we haven't heard from any women in this thread who felt overtly sensual during pregnancy. I understand usually the opposite is true, but from my limited experience, I know of at least one woman who was insatiable during that time, who couldn't get enough no matter how far along she was, all the way up to hours before deliveries.

Her condition never heightened or lowered my desire for her in any way; but it did seem strange, and it still does, how responsive she became during her pregnancies (four of them).

I'm not complaining. I loved her all up just the same. :)

cray
03-05-2009, 07:46 AM
hormones.

Cranky
03-05-2009, 08:17 AM
I'm surprised we haven't heard from any women in this thread who felt overtly sensual during pregnancy. I understand usually the opposite is true, but from my limited experience, I know of at least one woman who was insatiable during that time, who couldn't get enough no matter how far along she was, all the way up to hours before deliveries.

Her condition never heightened or lowered my desire for her in any way; but it did seem strange, and it still does, how responsive she became during her pregnancies (four of them).

I'm not complaining. I loved her all up just the same. :)

You weren't reading very closely then, Dino. *wink*

Silver King
03-05-2009, 08:22 AM
hormones.
That must be it. I wish I could find a way to crystallize those and smoke them with her before we go to bed these days...

One of the coolest things I remember is how that dark line (I forget what it's called) runs up the belly as if to mark the body in half. I'd follow that line with my lips, murmuring as I went along, speaking to my children from behind a hot wall of flesh and liquid, certain that they'd recognize me when they fought their way out to this realm.

And they did, every time. They knew me, or my voice anyway, which was very cool and helped us to establish a connection straight away.

Cranky
03-05-2009, 08:59 AM
It's called Linea Negra...that line you're talking about. :)

Stlight
03-05-2009, 09:23 AM
I remember being at a party when everyone was asking a woman how she was, going okay etc? I figured out she was preg, but thought maybe 3 months. Turned out she was still a size 6, flat stomach 8 months a runner. Only ran 3 miles a day instead of 5 while preg, walked the other two.

She had two kids. They seemed fine.

sindy9001
03-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Hello Atani !
I think you are very lucky, your husband love you very much, I think pregnant women don't look sexy, but your husband said that to you, so I think your husband love you very much. Best wishes for you!http://photo-collection.co.cc/img/3177/a08b1010ygij/grin.gif

cooeedownunder
03-05-2009, 10:02 AM
I think pregnant women are sexy, and despite putting on two stone when I was pregnant I felt good, and closer to my partner, something that only continued to deepen years after. I think it is a mental thing, but there is some type of liberation that first time when you finally don't have to pretend you don't have sex.

Aristocrazy
03-05-2009, 10:05 AM
pregnant women are pregnant. That much is sure.

cooeedownunder
03-05-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm surprised we haven't heard from any women in this thread who felt overtly sensual during pregnancy.:)

I don't know if it was hightened, but most certainly, the fear I once held of pregnancy was gone, and the level of our imtimacy never lowered and continued up until the night before our daughter was born.

Phoebe H
03-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Do you (as a man or woman) find pregnant women to be sexually appealing?

Yes. Extremely.

Even moreso if I had something to do with the pregnancy.

Phoebe H
03-05-2009, 10:46 AM

Sadly, not true.

Shamrockgreen
03-05-2009, 11:22 AM
I would have to say yes....my husband loved it when I was all aglow swollen up with his 10 pound babies. He would even watch me sleep and would get amazed I did not wake up with all the rolling the boys did....

Of course I have an exceptional husband and I never felt sexy when I was pregnant, but he thought I was, so I was....and it was great. :-)

Sex was interesting...and it never did make that late baby arrive on time.

We have 3 boys, they are all football player size now, somehow they did not quit growing.....or eating for that matter. :-)

Wayne K
03-05-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm going to piss you girls off by saying no. The reason is that the story of my birth is a horror story with a good ending. When I see a pregnant woman I'm overwhelmed by the beauty of it, but sex is and sensuality are the furthest thing from my mind.