PDA

View Full Version : Oh wow!

rhymegirl
05-31-2005, 10:16 PM
What kinds of things make you say, "Oh wow!"

E.G. Gammon
05-31-2005, 10:31 PM
When I hit a breakthrough in my writing... I remember a couple months ago, I was working on the complex story of my planned seven novel series and there were some plot holes. I got frustrated and decided to work on some of my other projects. While going through the big box of them, I came across this story I had developed for a limited-run primetime show for teenagers and there was a small parallel with a subplot from my novel series. I took it and weaved it into my novel series' story and it filled every major plot hole I had. It even left room for a character "return" in a later book after I kill them in an early one. By the time I had incorporated the primetime show story into my novel series' story, I had written seven pages, front and back, of plot. It was one of those "Oh Wow!" moments.

William Haskins
05-31-2005, 10:36 PM
every time i look at my calendar and see deadlines poised to smite me like the hand of a vengeful god.

maestrowork
05-31-2005, 10:45 PM
An epiphany about the meaning of life.

Falling madly, head over heel, in love.

Azure Skye
05-31-2005, 10:47 PM
Naked men.

Just sayin'...

aka eraser
05-31-2005, 10:49 PM
When Susan Sarandon said "Of course I'll dump that Tim Robbins guy."

But then I woke up.

maestrowork
05-31-2005, 10:49 PM
Azura, stop looking at my profile picture!

Azure Skye
05-31-2005, 10:57 PM
Azura, stop looking at my profile picture!

What? I didn't but I will now.

You tease. You have clothes on but damn you are one handsome fella.

rhymegirl
05-31-2005, 11:06 PM
Naked men.

Just sayin'...

Well, along these lines....
The two shirtless guys working on the house next to mine.
Must concentrate on writing...

ChunkyC
06-01-2005, 12:52 AM
The first time I saw the mountains in the valley where I've now been living for nearly 20 years.

When my then not-yet-wife said yes.

When my newborn daughter blinked away the crap the doc put in her eyes and looked right at me for the first time.

Liam Jackson
06-01-2005, 12:58 AM
Damn, I'd like to play but I have so few of those moments, and none of them are appropriate to share with refined company.

rhymegirl
06-01-2005, 01:00 AM
Oh go ahead. We're not refined company.

Liam Jackson
06-01-2005, 01:16 AM
<<...not refined company>>>

Compared to my peers (the day job nutcases), ooohhh yes you are.

ChunkyC
06-01-2005, 01:25 AM
C'mon, Liam. I think your book deal qualifies as an OH WOW! moment. That and meeting me. http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/pi_bigsmile.gif

Susie
06-01-2005, 01:26 AM
Hi, all, Kate that's a really good question. I usually say "Oh, wow," when an editor sends me payment for my work without my having to call or write a letter to remind them they owe me money. Also, when a friend does something especially sweet and it was unexpected.

Have a great week.

Hugs, Susie;)

rhymegirl
06-01-2005, 01:45 AM
Okay, I'll try to think of some other "oh wow" moments.

Getting an acceptance from an editor.
Getting an unexpected check in the mail.
Looking at a beautiful nature scene.
Listening to Josh Groban singing.
Listening to Jane Olivor singing.
Finding out I was a finalist in the AW contest.
:)

Liam Jackson
06-01-2005, 01:55 AM
Ya' know all the haggling we did over that deal, CC. Signing the contract was sort of anitclimatic.

As for meeting you, you're right. It's always an "Oh wow" moment when you encounter a long lost member of the Heathen Horde.

maestrowork
06-01-2005, 01:58 AM
Opening a show in front of 2000+ people...
Meeting Loren Maazel for the first time when he conducted us at the PSO...
Completing my first novel...
Seeing my close-up on a 15' screen in a theater...
Parachuting for the first time...
Flying first class to Europe...
Flying/taking off/landing in the cockpit of a small airplane...
Having a conversation with God (or was I high?)

(you see... it doesn't take a lot for me to go 'oh wow')

Gehanna
06-01-2005, 02:47 AM
Nature, except for when the Tornado came and then it made me say, "Oh &%@#!"

rhymegirl
06-01-2005, 03:31 AM
Oh here's another one.

When I found a light-up Saber Spoon in the box of Frosted Flakes.

nickyswriting
06-01-2005, 04:04 AM
Oh here's another one.

When I found a light-up Saber Spoon in the box of Frosted Flakes.

Hey, we just received two of those....2 kids, must have 2 of everything or all hell breaks loose!

:box:

My "wow" moments:

-When I found out I was pregnant and when they were born
-When I first laid eyes on my man, Steven

There are plenty more....thinking of positive things is hard for me, ya know.

:idea:

maestrowork
06-01-2005, 04:14 AM

Oh yeah, when I look in the mirror.

And then I get sober. It's like "oh s***."

mommie4a
06-01-2005, 04:33 AM
Meeting Loren Maazel for the first time when he conducted us at the PSO...

Ok - not hijacking this thread - just showing that I read it - Ray - my uncle is now married to Maazel's second wife (and mother of his two kids - one of whom just left The Paris Review and was published in the Yale Review this month or last month)

rhymegirl
06-01-2005, 04:34 AM
My "wow" moments:

-When I found out I was pregnant and when they were born

There are plenty more....thinking of positive things is hard for me, ya know.

:idea:

I think you're doing fine.:)

rhymegirl
06-01-2005, 04:39 AM
Jill, where's your wow moment?

mommie4a
06-01-2005, 04:40 AM
Umm - Thursday at 11am when I e-mail the draft of this piece I'm writing? :o

Let me think...

mommie4a
06-01-2005, 04:44 AM
ok - for real -

1. When my husband and kids unveiled an archery target aloft a pile of hay in our backyard and gave me a bow and arrow for my 39th birthday. (I taught archery for many years but stopped in my 20s)

2. When my husband held my hands and said, "You look beautiful" about an hour before our wedding (no one ever calls me beautiful - I'm always cute or pretty - just a minor thing)

3. When my five year old told me that he didn't like how his p*n*s went "up" and he wanted it to go "down" (he was 3 1/2 when he said that)

I could think of more - and for that, I say "oh wow" - to live this long and have that many moments I can describe that way. Pretty "oh wow" - you know?

rhymegirl
06-01-2005, 04:55 AM
Yes. Very nice "oh wow" moments, Jill.

Wouldn't this make a nice book idea?

mommie4a
06-01-2005, 04:56 AM
You're always thinking, Kate! Yes, it would.

Chacounne
06-01-2005, 05:02 AM
The moment that made me go "Oh Wow!" inside, in the most profound way, was when my Dad, who was a newpaper/advertising writer for most of his working life, looked at me about a month before he died and said that he wanted me to promise that I would work on my book every day. It was so completely amazing to me that he had the faith that I was good enough to write a book.

Wiping her cheek,
Chac

maestrowork
06-01-2005, 05:05 AM
Ok - not hijacking this thread - just showing that I read it - Ray - my uncle is now married to Maazel's second wife (and mother of his two kids - one of whom just left The Paris Review and was published in the Yale Review this month or last month)

Talk about a small world!

rhymegirl
06-01-2005, 05:09 AM
The moment that made me go "Oh Wow!" inside, in the most profound way, was when my Dad, who was a newpaper/advertising writer for most of his working life, looked at me about a month before he died and said that he wanted me to promise that I would work on my book every day. It was so completely amazing to me that he had the faith that I was good enough to write a book.

Wiping her cheek,
Chac

I think this is the best one so far. I'm wiping my cheek now.

maestrowork
06-01-2005, 05:12 AM
(I taught archery for many years but stopped in my 20s)

Note to self: never piss Jill off...

2. When my husband held my hands and said, "You look beautiful" about an (no one ever calls me beautiful - I'm always cute or pretty - just a minor thing)

But you are beautiful.
(but I get what you're saying... I was always "cute" and I kind of hated that... rabbits are cute, not a guy...)

I could think of more - and for that, I say "oh wow" - to live this long and have that many moments I can describe that way. Pretty "oh wow" - you know?

Amen.

Elincoln
06-01-2005, 05:21 AM
"Oh wow" moments...

When I was able to hold my daughter in my arms for the first time (about 36 hours after I had given birth).

When I won my first award for my writing (about 11th grade).

When I saw the glaciers in Alaska (actually everything in Alaska made me say "oh wow".)

Seeing the wild rabbits nap in my front lawn in the morning.

Seeing any bird of prey in the sky, especially falcons.

And finally doing a Kata in my Karate class right and feeling it at the same time.

mommie4a
06-01-2005, 05:29 AM
Very cool moments, everyone!

On the birthing thing - my oh wow came just 60 seconds after my first child was born when I realized that, even if the doctors had told me that I'd be in labor nearly 23 hours, lose control of every bodily function (and I mean lose - control - over- everything) and not be able to hold my child because of my condition after he was delivered by vacuum extraction, I still would have gone through every blessed moment exactly the same way if it meant having that amazing baby.

rhymegirl
06-01-2005, 05:38 AM
Wow, I left out the childbirth experiences. They were very "oh wow". But they are on a whole different plane of "oh wow" though, I think.

I really only started this thread because of those two shirtless guys working on the house next door......

Renee
06-01-2005, 05:40 AM
Did someone say naked men? Wow! HAhaaaaaa!

Things that make me say wow include:

When something really, really good happens. Wow!

Equally when something really, really bad happens. Oh wow!

When I look at the clock and think it's already 2 a.m.. *S*h*i*t*, wow, it's 2 am!

And there are other wow-like moments, but they shouldn't be exposed here......

MarkEsq
06-01-2005, 06:22 AM
The first time my wife looked at me and said: "I've been naughty, spank me."
The one time I saw an African rock python as thick as my thigh.
Every time I write a page of dialogue and reread it, thinking "Wow, I wrote that."
The second time my wife looked at me and said: "I've been naughty...."

rhymegirl
06-01-2005, 06:31 AM
Have you been spending time at Ray's House of Love?

brokenfingers
06-01-2005, 06:39 AM
The first time my wife looked at me and said: "I've been naughty, spank me."

I believe I've just had an "Oh Wow" moment...

BradyH1861
06-01-2005, 06:42 AM
I can't think of anything that has made me say "Oh wow!"

I can, however, think of plenty of things that have made me say

"Oh S$@T!"

Brady H.

Chacounne
06-01-2005, 06:56 AM
I think this is the best one so far. I'm wiping my cheek now.

That's so sweet, thanks. Your right about childbirth being on a whole different plane. Sigh, I wish. Unfortunately, God had other plans for me, so my writing will be my physical legacy in the world.

Waxing philosophical,
Chac

rhymegirl
06-01-2005, 07:12 AM
Writing is a wonderful legacy.

I picked a really nice quote to go under my high school yearbook picture. I'm sorry I don't know WHO said this, but it's:

"The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it."

As writers, isn't it great to think that our words will live on after we're gone.

rhymegirl
06-01-2005, 07:28 AM
I can't think of anything that has made me say "Oh wow!"

I can, however, think of plenty of things that have made me say

"Oh S$@T!"

Brady H.

Brady, you can start that thread tomorrow. I'm sure everybody has some good ones for that!

Unique
06-01-2005, 03:30 PM
'Oh, Wow!', when I saw Brokenfinger's profile photo.
Right after I caught my breath.......

sgtsdaughter
06-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Really good sex (Yea, we all know my mind is in the gutter. Then again I research strange things, and that alone probally does not help).

Finishing a chapter.

Sunrises (I'm still in awe that I outlived the medical predicition that said I wouldn't get to see them anymore--long story.)

Letters saying we like your project so much here's some money to help you write it.

Walking past a group of my students and hearing them talk about the lecture and how much they liked it.

When my friends have babies.

A good song.

When I play more than three chords on my guitar (in a row) and they sound good. (I'm not the guitarists . . .sax girl, now that's a yes).

That Deep Throat is Mark Felt.

And a few others.

rhymegirl
06-01-2005, 03:54 PM
'Oh, Wow!', when I saw Brokenfingers profile photo.

ooh, nice photo.

Is that harrassment?

Unique
06-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Maybe. I hope he doesn't sue me. All I have to offer are dust bunnies and and cat hairs.

Pat~
06-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Things that make me go wow...

my husband
waiting to go down the aisle at my wedding
the birth of my children
conversation with God
my first glimpse of the mts.
sunrise over the ocean or from an airplane
the Bible
a beautiful ice skating performance (doing or watching)
some favorite authors (CS Lewis, Gary Thomas, old dead poets/saints)
my own writing sometimes, (aaghh!, that sounds so vain...)
getting an acceptance in the mail/email
the Sistine Chapel
the ruins at Ephesus (Turkey)
speaking before a crowd of 2000+ natives in Africa
expert piano playing
watching my son debug a computer

(I say wow alot :) )

maestrowork
06-01-2005, 05:26 PM

But he has a brokenpecker... I mean finger. ;)

(hate it when another goodlooking guy draws all the attention. dman!)

Unique
06-01-2005, 05:30 PM
Aw, Ray, don't be jealous. I think you're a doll. But your photo was in your avatar. I wasn't expecting a photo at all when I clicked that link. By his writing, I 'pictured' him in my mind much differently. .............

rhymegirl
06-01-2005, 05:30 PM
He doesn't get ALL the attention.

Unique
06-01-2005, 05:32 PM
Absolutely correct, Rhymegirl.....< insert wicked leer here...>

maestrowork
06-01-2005, 05:35 PM
From now on, Brokenfinger is barred from the House of Love.

j/k, Biil.

rhymegirl
06-01-2005, 05:36 PM
From now on, Brokenfinger is barred from the House of Love.

j/k, Biil.

No fair. You get all those women. We want equal time.

maestrowork
06-01-2005, 05:41 PM
No back rub for you for a day, Kate. ;)

rhymegirl
06-01-2005, 05:48 PM
oh sh*t.

Unique
06-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Sorry, Kate...I didn't mean to stir up trouble. Ray, be fair....I'm the one you should 'kick out of the house....'

MarkEsq
06-01-2005, 05:54 PM
I'm trying to put my pic in my avatar (won't let me at ALL) or my profile (tells me pic is too big). I'm no competition for the Maestro-man (or AM I?!) but if someone could advise as to how I do that... I've tried resizing the pic but it doesn't seem to help. Stupid me, no doubt.

maestrowork
06-01-2005, 05:54 PM
Nah... I like women in my house. You are a girl, right?

rhymegirl
06-01-2005, 05:55 PM
You have to have 50 posts first.

maestrowork
06-01-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm trying to put my pic in my avatar (won't let me at ALL) or my profile (tells me pic is too big). I'm no competition for the Maestro-man (or AM I?!) but if someone could advise as to how I do that... I've tried resizing the pic but it doesn't seem to help. Stupid me, no doubt.

sorry, can't help you. now, go away.

Unique
06-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Nah... I like women in my house. You are a girl, right?

Well, I was the last time I looked....but mentally......I think I'm more feline than anything......Meow, baby >wink<

rhymegirl
06-01-2005, 06:02 PM
Don't tell him to go away.

Mark, I know you have to have 50 posts before you can have a custom avatar, such as your photo.

I'm not sure about the profile pic. It does have to be a certain size. Maybe go under the FAQ section to find out more.

maestrowork
06-01-2005, 06:03 PM
profile pic is 100x100, I believe.

MarkEsq
06-01-2005, 06:21 PM
I better get posting, then...

maestrowork
06-01-2005, 06:28 PM
Kate managed to hijack her own thread.

more Oh Wow moments:

skinny dipping under a clear, starry sky with a beautiful girl
stepped on American soil for the very first time (in Seattle)
getting the keys to my first house
(and plenty of "experiences" I can't tell here)

allion
06-01-2005, 08:17 PM
When I went to Hawaii (the whole place is oh, wow!)
Standing in front of Stonehenge
Finishing my book
Seeing Star Wars for the first time
Driving a car for the first time
Getting my degree
Winning on a slot machine

Karen

Maryn
06-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Oh, wow...

Stopping the U-Haul in the mountains of New Mexico, far from any light pollution, because for the first time in my life I saw more stars than black night sky.

Holding the eight-pound baby, perfect in every way, that we were not trying to have and could not afford.

Holding the ten-pound baby, perfect in every way, and considering the size of the doorway involved in his arrival.

The first time I was brave enough to tell Mr. Maryn I loved him and he said he loved me, too.

Skinny dipping in Arizona's Sabino Canyon, with nobody around for miles. (Thanks for the reminder, Ray!)

The first time I watched a beloved pet die, and later the first time I watched a beloved family member die.

Upon being served the legal papers for our daughter's car accident and seeing the amount for which we're being sued ($23.5 million).

Hearing Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings performed by The Canadian Brass.

(Interrupted by the eight-pound baby, who now wants to borrow my car... More later, perhaps.)

Maryn

MarkEsq
06-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Maryn,
As an attorney, and bearing in mind your previous responses, I advise you not to allow the eight-pound baby to drive your car. I advise it most strongly.

Which reminds me of more "Wow" moments:

Everytime I tell someone I'm an attorney.
Everytime I take a case for someone who can't afford to pay, and win.
Everytime I look between my two babies and see my eyes and my wife's smile on their faces.

rhymegirl
06-01-2005, 10:17 PM
I better get posting, then...

Well, where's your pic? We're still waiting.

ChunkyC
06-01-2005, 10:37 PM
Standing under the stars on the edge of the Arctic Circle and watching the Aurora Borealis directly overhead seemingly in every colour of the rainbow

The feel of an 11 foot south american python wrapping itself around my torso

Watching a B-52 laden with nukes taking off on a fail-safe mission to the edge of Russian airspace

Watching a grizzly bear effortlessly climb over a fence designed to keep them from getting onto the highway (people is dumber than bears sometimes)

Having my foot nearly run over by Stephen Hawking

The first time I typed THE END

Azure Skye
06-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Upon being served the legal papers for our daughter's car accident and seeing the amount for which we're being sued ($23.5 million).

Maryn

That just made me say Oh Wow! Actually, I said holy f*** but...you know.

brokenfingers
06-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Right after I caught my breath.......Why, thank you Unique for another "Oh Wow" moment.

ooh, nice photo.
Is that harrassment?
And thank you rhymegirl also for the nice comments. LOL!! Hmmm... I don't know - can guys actually be sexually harassed?
By his writing, I 'pictured' him in my mind much differently. .............
Now,you've gotten me curious! What was the image you had of me? I'm always curious as to what type of person my writing style brings to mind.

I just think it's funny because noone in my real-life (friends, coworkers,etc) knows I write and would find it hard to believe based solely on my personality around them. I'm not a typical writer type - shy, introverted, social wallflower. I'm actually kind of the opposite. Feel free to PM me your answer if you wish so we don't hijack Kate's thread.

Ray - thanks for the invite. Don't mind if I do hang out in the hot tub tonight. Everyone hangs out naked and drinks alcoholic beverages etc right? ;)

Mmmmmmm... sounds right up my alley. Just watch your hands there, buddy....

ChunkyC
06-01-2005, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by Maryn

I must be dense, because this didn't register properly when I read it the first time. Allow me to say HOLY FRIJOLES!

MarkEsq
06-01-2005, 11:27 PM
I can't resize my pic (can't figure out how to, more specifically) and haven't hit 50 posts yet. But it'll come, fear not.

Sarita
06-01-2005, 11:34 PM
(Mark, shhh don't tell anyone I'm encouraging this but.... http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8052 and if you talk in () no one can hear)

rhymegirl
06-01-2005, 11:42 PM
Yes, that's right! Pad your post count. That's how you can get to 50 much faster. See, Sara wants to see your picture, too. :)

Sarita
06-01-2005, 11:44 PM
See, Sara wants to see your picture, too. :)
Of course I do. Have you seen his profile? It's like he's playing to my weaknesses! :ROFL:

Incredibly handsome, athletic, witty and charming Englishman. I'm modest and self-effacing, too.

rhymegirl
06-01-2005, 11:49 PM
He sounds kinda like James Bond.

Name?

"Bond. James Bond."

rhymegirl
06-01-2005, 11:53 PM
Sara, doesn't this remind you of when Rob first signed up? What has happened to Rob???

Sarita
06-02-2005, 12:05 AM
Yeah, this does remind me of that. I miss those magnificent buttocks.

rhymegirl
06-02-2005, 12:49 AM
And thank you rhymegirl also for the nice comments. LOL!! Hmmm... I don't know - can guys actually be sexually harassed?
Ray - thanks for the invite. Don't mind if I do hang out in the hot tub tonight. Everyone hangs out naked and drinks alcoholic beverages etc right? ;)

Mmmmmmm... sounds right up my alley. Just watch your hands there, buddy....

You're welcome. Probably not.

I thought Ray barred you from the hot tub.

maestrowork
06-02-2005, 12:51 AM
Speaking of magnificent buttocks...

rhymegirl
06-02-2005, 12:52 AM
Are you referring to yours?

maestrowork
06-02-2005, 12:55 AM
Are you referring to yours?

Kate, just say it's definitely an Oh Wow moment...

Sarita
06-02-2005, 12:57 AM
Just watch your hands there, buddy....

Speaking of magnificent buttocks...
Oh wow!

rhymegirl
06-02-2005, 01:05 AM
(My husband has the most magnificent of them all.)

But, back to Oh Wow! moments.
And your regularly scheduled programming.

*What you say after reading a really excellent piece of writing.
*What you say when you realize you goofed off too much today and your deadline for something is TOMORROW!!

Celeste
06-02-2005, 05:14 AM
What makes me say, "Oh, wow"?

Well, for starters...some of the posts in this thread! Gave me a good laugh! Oh, wow! Lol...:ROFL:

jdkiggins
06-02-2005, 07:17 AM
Oh Wow moment.

When I walked into the bedroom that was mine as a child and realized I'd be living in it again. That was a real Oh Wow!

Sitting on the porch on a beautiful evening looking at a sky full of stars.
A full moon with a big smilie face.
An acceptance for another article.
The check for the article. :)

MarkEsq
06-02-2005, 07:20 AM
I managed to get it up... err, my picture, my picture. No buttocks, though, I don't know you that well (yet).

Celeste
06-02-2005, 07:24 AM
I managed to get it up... err, my picture, my picture. No buttocks, though, I don't know you that well (yet).

Oooh! Thank you! You are a hottie! Can we see your butt now? ;)

(I read your bio, "Incredibly handsome". I very much agree.)

jdkiggins
06-02-2005, 07:26 AM
Oh Wow! Seeing Mark's pic. LOL

Celeste
06-02-2005, 07:27 AM
Oh Wow! Seeing Mark's pic. LOL

That's exactly what I said too! Pretty hot, isn't he? Uh huh!!! Whew!

He needs to post five more times, so he can post it as his avatar. That way we'll see his gorgeous self all the time. ;)

pepperlandgirl
06-02-2005, 07:31 AM
Orgasms

Seeing the Duomo in Florence. Man, every time I rounded a corner and saw it rising in the middle of the city, it just took my breath away. I never got used to it.

Seeing Bernini's "The Rape of Persephone"

Seeing Barnini's "David" (everybody goes on about Michealangelo's--which was also amazing--but Bernini's is my favorite).

Taking a bus in Rome.

Eating at McDonalds across the Plaza from the Pantheon

Sipping expresso at the Grecco Cafe as a published author

Eating the Motherlode Cake at The Claimjumper

Walking across the stage on Saturday with my diploma in hand.

Reading my first professional review which was extremely positive.

Losing 20 pounds in 3 months.

jdkiggins
06-02-2005, 07:39 AM
Congrats! on the diploma, Pepper!

Buying a new vehicle and seeing the sticker price. LOL
Having lunch with Charlie Daniels.
Meeting AW buddies.

Reading a news article about sex offenders getting free Viagra from Medicaid. That was not only an Oh Wow!, but also a What the h*ll is wrong with this government?!

Celeste
06-02-2005, 07:43 AM
Reading a news article about sex offenders getting free Viagra from Medicaid. That was not only an Oh Wow!, but also a What the h*ll is wrong with this government?!

That made me say, "Huh???" Lol...

You had lunch w/ Charlie Daniels? Now, that's cool!

jdkiggins
06-02-2005, 07:47 AM
Yep, had lunch and interviewed him back in 85. :D He's a sweetheart!

rhymegirl
06-02-2005, 03:01 PM

Yes, your picture is definitely worthy of OH WOW!

rhymegirl
06-02-2005, 07:04 PM
Where the heck is Sara today?

Sarita
06-02-2005, 07:14 PM
Where the heck is Sara today?

:hi: My internet was down until 15 minutes ago. I missed you guys!

rhymegirl
06-02-2005, 07:28 PM
:hi: My internet was down until 15 minutes ago. I missed you guys!

I misread that at first as my "interest" was down until 15 minutes ago. Did you see Mark's picture in his profile?

Sarita
06-02-2005, 07:29 PM
Did you see Mark's picture in his profile?

OH WOW!

rhymegirl
06-02-2005, 07:42 PM
From this pic which I can't see that well, he looks like the guy on Lost who plays Jack, the doctor.

maestrowork
06-02-2005, 07:54 PM
the females are frisky

rhymegirl
06-02-2005, 08:00 PM
the females are frisky

Aren't we always? :tongue

Celeste
06-02-2005, 08:42 PM
We haven't forgotten you, Ray! You're in the top three, running real close for first. ;)

Sarita
06-02-2005, 08:43 PM
the females are frisky
Well, speaking for myself alone... I'm not! Just appreciating the view.

rhymegirl
06-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Define frisky.

maestrowork
06-02-2005, 10:35 PM
I don't really care for being pretty. ;) I will settle for sexy.

;)

rhymegirl
06-02-2005, 10:56 PM
I don't really care for being pretty. ;) I will settle for sexy.

;)

You are. ;)

MarkEsq
06-03-2005, 06:16 AM
Not so sure about that....

Sarita
06-03-2005, 06:17 AM
Mark, 50 posts! Well done, man.

rhymegirl
06-03-2005, 06:38 AM
He must have spent some time in Pad Your Post Count.

Elincoln
06-03-2005, 06:56 AM
(Does a double take at Mark) Oh I like.

Rrrrrrooooohhhhhwwwwwoooowwww.

Celeste
06-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Not so sure about that....

Not so sure about what? Showing us your butt? ;)

Look what you've done to all the ladies, Mark! You've gotta' show it now.

rhymegirl
06-03-2005, 04:38 PM
Not so sure about what?

Celeste, I think he is referring to what I said about him looking like the doctor on the TV show Lost. But who knows. An avatar picture might help.

Don't look now but he does have an avatar picture.

MarkEsq
06-03-2005, 04:39 PM
Finally managed to get my avatar posted. Phew. (Thanks for the bumping suggestion, Sara.)
I also wanted to ask what the fuss was over the guys - I gotta say that the ladies who post here are unusually pretty. Makes coming here even more of a treat.
Oh, and Celeste - you go first... ;)

Celeste
06-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Celeste, I think he is referring to what I said about him looking like the doctor on the TV show Lost.

I know. I was only teasin' him about showing us his butt. Lol...

What is "Lost", anyway. Don't think I've ever watched it. Or heard of it....:Shrug:

rhymegirl
06-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Mark, now you have to choose a title for yourself. You'll get teased for the one you have now.

Celeste
06-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Oh, and Celeste - you go first... ;)

Me??? I have to show mine first? Uh uh! You show me yours and I'll show you mine. Lol...;)

Oh wait! I'll be right back...

Sarita
06-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Mark, now you have to choose a title for yourself. You'll get teased for the one you have now. How about Giving Ray a Run for His Money... No, that's too long. hmmmmm

rhymegirl
06-03-2005, 04:51 PM
What is "Lost", anyway. Don't think I've ever watched it. Or heard of it....:Shrug:

You have never heard of Lost???? It was a huge hit this past season. Oh Celeste, you have to see it. The guys on this show will make your head spin.

rhymegirl
06-03-2005, 04:54 PM
I gotta say that the ladies who post here are unusually pretty. Makes coming here even more of a treat.

You can stay.

Celeste
06-03-2005, 04:59 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/mooners/5.gif

(there used to be a better one of a woman shaking her butt around. It's gone now, damn it! Lol...)

Nope. Never heard of it. I don't watch much on regular television. Cable or dvds usually...

MarkEsq
06-03-2005, 05:03 PM
"Lost" is an excellent show - 40 beautiful people (but most are interesting looking as well, not bland beauties) stranded on a desert island where weird stuff happens. An original take on an old tale.

As for my title, do I have to come up with something original? Really?? I'll definitely accept suggestions...

Celeste
06-03-2005, 05:06 PM
What channel is this on?

Sarita
06-03-2005, 05:07 PM
I liked the one Liam had for a while, "This space for rent". You could do "Open to Suggestions"... I change mine all the time, depending on my mood and various other things.

rhymegirl
06-03-2005, 05:12 PM
What channel is this on?

ABC Wednesday nights at 8. You can catch the reruns over the summer. But, I think they may have changed the time for summer. You could check their web site or the TV section.

rhymegirl
06-03-2005, 05:14 PM
"Lost" is an excellent show - 40 beautiful people (but most are interesting looking as well, not bland beauties) stranded on a desert island where weird stuff happens. An original take on an old tale.

As for my title, do I have to come up with something original? Really?? I'll definitely accept suggestions...

First part: Yes, it's a great show and not just because of the good-looking people. The acting is excellent, the stories are good and it's very exciting to watch since you never know what will happen next.

Second part: Your title. You can pick whatever you want. If you are a lawyer, you could do a spoof of that maybe.

T42
06-03-2005, 05:31 PM
I didn't realize all these guys were so good looking:Shrug: It's nice to see who your talking too. Especially if they are looking so fine:)

Celeste
06-03-2005, 05:37 PM
I didn't realize all these guys were so good looking:Shrug: It's nice to see who your talking too. Especially if they are looking so fine:)

There's my favorite hippy herb lady! http://bestsmileys.com/peace/1.gif

Been wonderin' where you've been.

rhymegirl
06-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Oh Wow moment--

Being called "Miss" instead of Ma'am three days in a row. :)

maestrowork
06-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Oh Wow:

Waking up happy and ready to go!

rhymegirl
06-03-2005, 10:30 PM
Oh Wow:

Waking up happy and ready to go!

Where?

maestrowork
06-03-2005, 10:57 PM
Hawaii? ;)

rhymegirl
06-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Can I go, too?

rhymegirl
06-04-2005, 01:59 AM
This is a meaningless post. I just have to get past Sara's post count.

Maryn
06-04-2005, 11:41 PM
Today's 'oh, wow':

Getting up around 6:30, seeing our son in the hall--going to bed.

Maryn, who was never that young or wakeful

sgtsdaughter
06-04-2005, 11:44 PM
you know summer's here when runners run shirtless. yup, a very buff and tanned, man jogged down my street and past my windows at 830 this morning. what a nice sight to wake up to!

oh wow indeed.

rhymegirl
06-04-2005, 11:47 PM
I live across the way from a bike path. Lots of joggers, bikers, rollerbladers, etc. Some very nice scenery. :) Especially today since it's bright and sunny out.

maestrowork
06-05-2005, 01:25 AM
I run shirtless too. But by the time I get home, I'm all covered with rotten tomatoes and crap. Why?

sgtsdaughter
06-05-2005, 01:32 AM
ray,

do you fall into these?

rule of thumb: if there is the slightest sign of a beer gut--wear a shirt.

rule of thumb two: if your chest is so hairy that it looks like you wear a sweater--wear a shirt. (oddly enough, i dated a guy that had this problem on his rear . . . to say the least he had one wooly as$.)

rule of thumb three: if you are so milk white that sunlight (or moonlight for that matter) relfects off of your chest--wear a shirt. (and the wooley a$s guy had the moonlight relflection issue too. there was a full moon one night, my blinds were up, and i could have swore it was daylight. eikkkk!)

and . . .

rule of thumb four: if you have "i dig chicks" tatooed on your chest or back--wear a shirt. might be so, but really . . .

he he he. . . i shamelessly crack myself up. :ROFL:

rhymegirl
06-05-2005, 01:33 AM
Are you Vote_Bot?

sgtsdaughter
06-05-2005, 01:35 AM
me? NO.

but that ray dude has yet to address the question at hand.

fess up buddy.

rhymegirl
06-05-2005, 01:44 AM
me? NO.

but that ray dude has yet to address the question at hand.

fess up buddy.

I meant HIM. He's a sly one, you know.

sgtsdaughter
06-05-2005, 01:45 AM
I meant HIM. He's a sly one, you know.

that's what i thought, but i couldn't resist being a smartas$.

SRHowen
06-05-2005, 01:49 AM
I don't know about Oh WOW--but I've said Oh shi* and OMG enough today to sink a ship, sorting the house and garage to get ready to move--where did all this stuff come from?

maestrowork
06-05-2005, 01:49 AM
rule of thumb four: if you have "i dig chicks" tatooed on your chest or back--wear a shirt. might be so, but really . . .

That's it. But the tatoo guy made a mistake. It actually says, "I chig dicks" -- whatever that means.

sgtsdaughter
06-05-2005, 01:56 AM
That's it. But the tatoo guy made a mistake. It actually says, "I chig dicks" -- whatever that means.

ohhhh. that's just so bad. so very very bad. you should have your shirt superglued to your body then. just for self protection.

rhymegirl
06-05-2005, 01:58 AM
(oddly enough, i dated a guy that had this problem on his rear . . . to say the least he had one wooly as$.)

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

SRHowen
06-05-2005, 04:31 AM
What's wrong with hairy guys???

Oh furry-- http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_1_20.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm41442US)

sgtsdaughter
06-05-2005, 04:35 AM
Hairy is okay, but so damned hairy that I mistake your hair for a sweater--OMG. And that hairy a$$ thing . . . lets just say that I have two words for that much hair

A$$ WAXING!

Besides, that much hair gets all gooey and matted during certain activities, if you know what I mean.

I'm evil and shallow, I know.

maestrowork
06-05-2005, 04:37 AM
I know what you mean... hairy women need cat waxing... ;)

rhymegirl
06-05-2005, 04:58 AM
Um, this is supposed to be an "oh wow" thread, not an "ooh gross" thread.

So, if you have something wowser to report, please do.

sgtsdaughter
06-05-2005, 05:08 AM
sorry . . . temporarily off topic.

oh wow . . . i don't have one now, but i'll come back.

maestrowork
06-05-2005, 05:24 AM
Oh wow -- when you see that one person across a crowded room...

Sarita
06-05-2005, 07:22 AM
Oh wow -- when you see that one person across a crowded room...

Did you see her again, Ray? Did ya? Did ya?

rhymegirl
06-05-2005, 07:32 AM
Oh Sara====look at my post count!

Sarita
06-05-2005, 07:36 AM
Oh Sara====look at my post count!
I know! See what a day away from the computer does to me?

rhymegirl
06-07-2005, 02:02 AM
Oh wow--

Seeing that nobody posted here lately.

sgtsdaughter
06-07-2005, 03:42 AM
oh wow that i cut my diet coke intake by 2/3 today. seriously, i had two . . . i've been trying to cut down the caffiene.

it's a good thing.

Maryn
06-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Oh, wow--I did 5.4 miles in 80-degree heat and didn't lose a freakin' ounce! Sigh...

Kida Adelyne
06-08-2005, 06:09 AM
Oh wow- the clouds look like whipped cream (my thought the first time I went in an airplane)

Oh wow- every time I get a warm fuzzie

Oh wow- I'm tired

mommie4a
06-08-2005, 06:23 AM
Oh Wow - if my husband asks me why I'm laughing and I have to tell him about the three word post, I might get divorced.

rhymegirl
06-08-2005, 06:29 AM
:roll: :roll: 3-word post funny, not divorce

mommie4a
06-08-2005, 06:33 AM
Lovin' it too, Kathy. But I'm still feeling like I'm not as quick as you guys with the zingers. Thanks for letting me try, though.

rhymegirl
06-08-2005, 06:35 AM
Keep reading, Jill!

Maryn
06-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Oh, wow--my kids went to a big concert last night, with some of Mom's cash for the requisite T-shirts, and this morning there's change on the kitchen table. They didn't spend it all! Wow...

Maryn, astounded

poetinahat
06-10-2005, 02:57 AM
Oh, wow--my kids went to a big concert last night, with some of Mom's cash for the requisite T-shirts, and this morning there's change on the kitchen table. They didn't spend it all! Wow...

Maryn, astounded

Amazing! My 2-year-old daughter has already learned the phrase "Buy some more" when we finish something. It's a worry.

My 'oh wows': Coming home at night. I open the door, and hear "DADDYYY!" from the other end of the hall. I get down on my knees, and my daughter comes running all the way into my arms for a big hug. Then she turns around and runs back the other way... into Mum's arms for another big hug. Then back to me... then back to Mum.

There are lots of other great moments, but this is the show-stopper.

rhymegirl
06-10-2005, 03:12 AM
My 'oh wows': Coming home at night. I open the door, and hear "DADDYYY!" from the other end of the hall. I get down on my knees, and my daughter comes running all the way into my arms for a big hug. Then she turns around and runs back the other way... into Mum's arms for another big hug. Then back to me... then back to Mum.

There are lots of other great moments, but this is the show-stopper.

Very nice "Oh Wow" moment. :)

Maryn
06-10-2005, 04:49 AM
An addendum to my 'ow, wow'--the reason there was change was that the flighty, irresponsible one thought the price for the metal gods' T-shirts ($35) was unreasonable. (!!!) I suspect somebody's done a switcheroo and he is now one of the pod people, actually a superior alien life form occupying his body.

Maryn

tjwriter
06-10-2005, 09:10 AM
Oh, wow! I walked around for an entire day using this phrase when I found out I was pregnant.

I have been using it for the last two days because my husband's grandparents decided that he and I are to move into his aunt's house next door once she finishes moving.

Celeste
06-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Oh, wow! I walked around for an entire day using this phrase when I found out I was pregnant.

I have been using it for the last two days because my husband's grandparents decided that he and I are to move into his aunt's house next door once she finishes moving.

Oh wow! Congratulations! How exciting! :Clap:

So, do you want a boy, or a girl?

tjwriter
06-10-2005, 10:21 AM
My husband says it's a boy, but I have no preference, though I would eventually like one of each. For now, I just wait, LOL. I'm just excited any way about it.

smallthunder
06-10-2005, 03:31 PM
This is going to sound completely lame -- not at all witty -- doesn't include half-naked men -- or buttocks -- amazingly -- but:

I remember thinking "Oh, wow" when I first came across the AW website forums.

rhymegirl
06-27-2005, 05:05 PM
That 5-word post has gotten rather weird.

Sarita
06-27-2005, 05:09 PM
Oh, wow! Kathy, you're right! That thing is freaky-deaky...

Nicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse
06-27-2005, 05:13 PM
I'm going to try to bring some normality to it......

Nique

Zecragon
06-27-2005, 08:09 PM
I also had the Oh Wow factor when I came across these boards. I found them by googling a friends sn. Of course... I'm not telling him that I'm here, but still! This place is fun. My biggest Oh Wow came when one of my net friends told me his school's zine wanted my epic poem O_O;; (Kinda a mini-epic, it's only 20 Stanzas...). Sadly I had to say no.

Maryn
06-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Oh, wow--I did 5.4 miles in 80-degree heat and didn't lose a freakin' ounce! Sigh...Today it was 88 by the time I returned, and again, I lost nothing.

Which is cool, because another thread here links to a how-long-will-you-live site that seems to give a lot of credit for walking, fat or not! I'm gonna be 92! Oh, wow...

Maryn, not discouraged

sgtsdaughter
06-30-2005, 04:54 AM
Oh Wow . . . a student said she looks up to me--honestly, I nearly fell over. College folks don't say that much.

Oh Wow . . .in another class a male student asked some bizarre questions about female sanitary habits. There's five students, and the three girls made me answer. We were all shocked that he wouldn't have known what he asked. The class is women in american history . . .

Perks
06-30-2005, 05:06 AM
every time i look at my calendar and see deadlines poised to smite me like the hand of a vengeful god.

I want deadlines... I want pressure!!

Mad Fish Chardonnay was the last thing that made me say "Oh wow!"

Unique
07-01-2005, 11:47 PM
What do you think of those prompts? - ha cha!

Paint
07-02-2005, 01:26 AM
My son's last hair cut made me say "Oh wow" He calls it a Caesar. Isn't that a salad? Now that I think about it...it did have some stuff in it he called putty. Looked like bad salad dressing.