the impatient thread

Autodidact

...in my Maidenform Bra.
Registered
Reaction score
O.K., can any of you please make any of the numerous editors who are not sending me email today do so. Thank you.

Cleopatra Jones

Registered
Reaction score
I'm there with you. I *hate* waiting! Especially when I know that a response might never be forthcoming!

Nancy

Masquerading as normal...
Registered
Reaction score
Make you a deal. I'll get the editors to email you if you get one deadbeat ed. to pay me...

Arisa81

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
pacificpurple.blogspot.com
I didn't used to be so impatient about hearing from editors, but as time goes on I am getting more that way. I know they can't all respond, that's fine. But my inbox doesn't scream "writer" whatsoever!

jeffo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ober.org
I don't know which is worse--writing things on spec after having an editor request them--and then never hearing back; or sending an article and having the editor want it, but never pay you.

Nancy

Masquerading as normal...
Registered
Reaction score
Jeffo:

I would add to your list - contracting with an editor to write articles and then being consistently paid late (or in this latest case, NOT) and said editor ignores countless emails.

As someone who has had the pleasure to work with terrific, professional editors, this is especially frustrating.

Skyraven

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
How about when the Muse decides to go on vacation without letting you know ahead of time? Haven't been able to get projects off the ground. Grrrrrrr!

Autodidact

...in my Maidenform Bra.
Registered
Reaction score
I can't stand it anymore. Please send me an email at [email protected]. Tell me how attractive and morally upright I am, or something. If I check that same no new mail page one more time I'm going to go crazy.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm there too. It is a real hassle and I have no patience, anymore... We all need :Cake:! Seriously.

Autodidact

...in my Maidenform Bra.
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, AW support system. It was lovely to get some email in my freelance account. I was starting to feel like my mail was dropping down a well somewhere. Let me know if I can ever do the same for you.

Skyraven

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Alright, Heiddi, what the heck is plurk?

Plurk is a microblogging site as is Twitter. Plurk is fun because its setup as a timeline and you can scroll back to previous entries. Twitter is great because you can network with others and even find work. It also keeps you from going nuts at home. :) (or the dayjob)

Autodidact

...in my Maidenform Bra.
Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to report in that after AW members unplugged the jam in my email, I got a very nice "maybe" response from an editor who said, "What a great idea for an article." Thanks, AW.